My opinion about this game

@WG @WorldofTanks

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Damianoo_Damianek #1 Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7461 battles
Hello, why is Wot so unplayable? Especially from tier VI to X? Now there is this whole marathon on Regenade but it can't be done in such a short time ... 
Personally, I think that WG breaks fair play rules by not banning cheaters, bots and making the game difficult for normal players .. 
Fired accounts are easier to do this marathon and WG nothing doesn't do it .. 
Where can I write it elsewhere? Preferably some administrator or game founder from Belarus. 

I am not English but Polish support directed me here that I can learn more from you, listen to your opinions about the game. 
PS: I am sorry if I did not write a topic where I need to greet

Post edited so it doesn't break the forum formatting - Homer_J.

Edited by Homer_J, 08 December 2019 - 12:40 AM.
formatting

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24698 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Well, the idea of the Renegade marathon is to make money for WG. The prime objective of WG is to make players open your wallet, players are more likely to do so if you think they're getting a bargain....hence the steps in % discounts(it's a psychological sales trick).

Some players have done it already(for free), but they have the time to do so. Don't expect something for nothing...this is a business.

I don't think the game is unplayable(my opinion), that is subjective and linked to one's ability to play.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9906 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
To be fair, I think we're overdue on another banwave.

Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34166 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostDamianoo_Damianek, on 07 December 2019 - 10:04 PM, said:

I am not English but Polish support directed me here that I can learn more from you, 

Aha.  Operation Alberich II

AeyT #5 Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6915 battles

Im not sure where people are always finding these "cheaters".. I've played this game on and off for years and dont think ive ever personally encountered one.

Also FYI: Hitting you isn't cheating.

Laukaus #6 Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10595 battles

WoT is not a game. 

Game is socially oriented contest with rules which concern every participant, and every participant is aware of rules. 

In this computer program none of those previous happen.   

23:22 Added after 2 minute

View PostAeyT, on 07 December 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

Im not sure where people are always finding these "cheaters".. I've played this game on and off for years and dont think ive ever personally encountered one.

Also FYI: Hitting you isn't cheating.

The real cheater is none of the players. 

DuncaN_101 #7 Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57081 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

it's just that tho ... your opinion wich you are entiteld to but that doesn't make it fact.

anyways cheers thanks for comming i guess.

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31743 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

Marathons, events... different times of the day on a weekend etc, it can go this way and that way. For sure these moments are a different "style" to some of the more typical and more predictable rinse and repeat random battles but the objectives are the same and you have to find that balance between protecting your precious hp and being positively active. Expect some early exits from your teammates and also expect to get early kills for equally shocking play from the enemy counterpart dumb dumbs who tend to balance out the stupidity between the teams lol and things tend to settle down to some "normal" players vs players once that early madness is brushed aside but just expect some really dumb play from both teams and yoloing early on in the battle so be pretty defensively solid from the off with a certain blend of ruthlessness too.

Why is it this way you might ask? Most will already know. It's an xp based marathon and so no matter how shhhhhh you play, you are always making progress. So a lot of players will look at this as an xp per hour rather than anything got to do with playing well since as mentioned, you will always pick up xp. Playing well and picking up good amounts of xp is actually slow PLUS there is no guarantee you are going to win which is a combination of slow progress along with the potential loss which will result in very little xp. Therefore there is a much more attractive option to just reel off as many battles per hour as you can possibly squeeze in which means big time yoloing with the an early exit being the intentional playstyle.

So for a lot of players, this means playing light tanks, yoloing down a map, spotting as much as possible and shooting as much as possible before inevitably getting killed then immediately exiting back to the garage, picking another light tank and rinse and repeating. If his team loses, so what, still gets a little xp and because his team lost anyway then why care about the early exit but if his team wins, happy days, he still died early intentionally but may actually bag up to 600xp if his arty or teammates slapped a few of his spotted targets along with his own little cameo damage contribution. You see, you just get more xp intentionally playing shhhh per hour compared to the slow battles of superior xp playing well per hour which inevitably will include almost 50% low xp losses even if you played well.

The solution? Well its pretty obvious actually and I hope WG read this at some point. Reduce the overall xp requirements(what?????) yes, reduce the overall xp requirements for the "easy" path of this marathon and only reward marathon xp for finishing in the top 7 or 8 on the team. That will immediately stop the intentional yoloing and dumb shhhhh play that focuses on xp per hour since clearly they would get nothing for doing that. Is there a problem with that idea? I don't think so. 

malachi6 #9 Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51289 battles
I am sure I have encountered plenty of people using cheats.  Thing is, I have no evidence to make any accusations.  Most people know cheating exists and assume that if something happens to them it must be as a result of cheating.  This is a failure in critical thinking.  Evidence is required to support any argument. 

apaleytos #10 Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17063 battles

I dont remember facing someone using cheat/hacks. The only one i can think is the "reload timer" mod which was banned (showing enemies reload time approximately). Bushsniped,getting hit at the cupola from someone on the move are not cheats ..Once i killed someone at 300m with my S-51,i was going full speed with a reticle bigger than my monitor.

:trollface: Game mechanics and RNG  :trollface:

Edited by apaleytos, 08 December 2019 - 02:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users