Shell rebalancing and mission

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

aps1 #1 Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27103 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

So I have seen a lot of posts about the high explosive rebalance lately and here is a thought.

i am nearly at the obj 260 as I have decided to put some effort in after not really bothering with it. The first job is to get all the missing directives as I am nearly on the last mission in each category. I am missing the completed with honours HT for the t55a (completed it but not with honours) think iits combined block and damage 12 k? so I roll out in the 705a I get a grand battle (the snowy one) think great I will just pull up to that corner on the east side near them house and just let them go to work on my side. All going well thinking this will be easy then all of sudden the spamming high explosive starts. As they won’t flank you due to the tds on hull behind. Not really upset about it cos i would do the same. Needless to say after multiple rounds form a jag e 100 and friends and having nowhere to retreat to its game over.

do you think the rebalance will help you with these types of missions ? I for one think they will. 

Dava_117 #2 Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:10 PM

Major General

• 23422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I don't believe it will help in those situation. If the last iteration of HE rebalance get live, the main difference will be that: 

1) you will not be able to pen paper tanks with HE. No more 1k damage on Grille15, WV and so on;

2) you will take more or less the same amount of damage from high caliber HE while, at the same time, you will get some small amount of damage from low caliber HE. So, are you on 22HP? Forget to use thick armour and spall liner combination to absorb HE and live. Even a 75mm tier 8 LT will be able to take you down, because reasons.

aps1 #3 Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27103 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

View PostDava_117, on 09 December 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

I don't believe it will help in those situation. If the last iteration of HE rebalance get live, the main difference will be that: 

1) you will not be able to pen paper tanks with HE. No more 1k damage on Grille15, WV and so on;

2) you will take more or less the same amount of damage from high caliber HE while, at the same time, you will get some small amount of damage from low caliber HE. So, are you on 22HP? Forget to use thick armour and spall liner combination to absorb HE and live. Even a 75mm tier 8 LT will be able to take you down, because reasons.

ahhh I thought the whole idea of the rebalance was stop the high cal guns just spamming you? I must have misunderstood what I watched. 

Edited by aps1, 09 December 2019 - 01:15 PM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74989 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postaps1, on 09 December 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

ahhh I thought the whole idea of the rebalance was stop the high cal guns just spamming you? I must have misunderstood what I watched. 

Oh depends on what direction they take it. But based on some of the tests, they will still do damage to you regardless. Just less.

Even so, HE won't add to your damage blocked, even if it does zero damage.

Dava_117 #5 Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:28 PM

Major General

• 23422 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postaps1, on 09 December 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

No every HE has been affected y the rework on Sandbox.

If you haven't seen that, those is what happened on SB up to now:

1) Standard shells got buffed alpha (confirmed)

2) HP buff along the whole tier spectrum, with higher % buff on lower tier (confirmed)

3) Premium round keeping their live server alpha (confirmed)

4) HE with 0 pen, improved weackspot tracking algorithm, improved critical damage algorithm, damage output closer to the live server one (likely to be partially or totally confirmed)

5) New battle results window (ugh... Not yet confirmed luckily)

6) Arty getting 3 shells. Standard HE from live server, premium HE with more alpha, blast radius but no stun, AP/HEAT shell with high pen but mediocre damage (likely more iteration will come)

Hope this was useful. :)

aps1 #6 Posted 09 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27103 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 December 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

Oh depends on what direction they take it. But based on some of the tests, they will still do damage to you regardless. Just less.

Even so, HE won't add to your damage blocked, even if it does zero damage.

That was my point about doing the damaged blocked  missions. Once they start spamming HE you lose hit points and  get no damaged blocked if the shell does no damage. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users