Holiday Ops 2020—Let the Festive Specials Begin!

• Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #521 Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:36 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13809 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostWolverine90, on 25 December 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

For completing the Large Decoration Collection, you receive the following rewards: Christmas Tree Decoration. What is it, where is it?

Click on the christmas tree, below you see the slots for the decoration items. On the right side there is a bigger, pink slot to put the large deco on. 

(Took me some time to find this, so I think this is what you mean)

Wolverine90 #522 Posted 26 December 2019 - 10:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28308 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 26 December 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

Click on the christmas tree, below you see the slots for the decoration items. On the right side there is a bigger, pink slot to put the large deco on. 

(Took me some time to find this, so I think this is what you mean)

Well that is just the thing... i already had one large decoration in slot...

I did got one large decoration but it got sharded...  Oh, well it is not big problem, not like premium time that expiring due unusage or servers down etc...

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by Wolverine90, 26 December 2019 - 10:35 AM.

parim1331 #523 Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:00 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7824 battles

View Postblackeyes90, on 24 December 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Thank you Wargaming for 2 Skilled Commander :) !

I'm still trying to figure out where I will put mine, last year I've put Santa in my Progetto 65. :)

View Postttzimas, on 24 December 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Does the crew ever expire??

Do i have to use it soon??

General idea applies, if there's a visible date besides your recruit in the "recruit" section in the Barracks, then it means that they can expire. However if not, well then you can recruit them whenever you want. :)

__Eric__ #524 Posted 26 December 2019 - 08:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36991 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

There were a lot of people whining that these Holiday Ops were much worse than last years.

But I have to say, with the new concept of the Holiday Ops vehicles in combination with the 4 x5 we get every day from the SnowMaidens, I was able to research a lot of tanks last week, and buy them with 15% discount.

So, all in all, the new concept worked fine for me.

peixe2 #525 Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19727 battles

Are we supposed to get duplicated large decorations in the random boxes? Sad, I was about to get my 2nd :confused:

paxcula #526 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31264 battles
give someone a penalty point that spends money on large tanks that are going to talk about it being put back in damage months later than you immediately give him a penalty point with the result that the person has been doing nothing on wot for a year now you think that wot does good business but had warned about this and it came true so they only want your money does not count :hiding:

Gremlin182 #527 Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:11 AM

General

• Player
  • 60787 battles

Reached the point where progress in completing the albums has become frustrating in the extreme.

Yesterday I got something like 44 out of a possible 60 small boxes opening them got me 2 tier 5 and 7 tier 4 plus a mix of lower tiers.

I was able to craft 5 tier 5 decorations only one of which I didn't already have.

Today I gained enough shards to craft one tier 5 which I already had.

A tier 5 decoration produces 350 shards and you need 1080 to craft a specific tier 5 type and unless you use one of the 17 available anti-duplication charges you can still fail to get what you need.

Realistically the only way is to play right to the end and then buy boxes if you simply must have that camo.

That's probably ok as all we are talking about are Holiday paint schemes for tanks.

Got all the important stuff the crew and the Blueprints and already have the Holiday paint schemes from the last 2 years.

It is slightly odd that the hardest part to achieve is something you really want to use during holiday ops, How many of us want a Christmas paint scheme in the middle of January.

It is funny that the major rewards come from just gaining enough tier 5 decorations and they can be from any of the 4 albums.

But to get one set of camo paint you must get around 95 specific decorations.

Jumping_Turtle #528 Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:38 AM

General

• Player
  • 72129 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Post__Eric__, on 26 December 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

There were a lot of people whining that these Holiday Ops were much worse than last years.

But I have to say, with the new concept of the Holiday Ops vehicles in combination with the 4 x5 we get every day from the SnowMaidens, I was able to research a lot of tanks last week, and buy them with 15% discount.

It isnt as bad as I thought it would be, but for me personally it is worse than the last years.

The xp, crew xp and free xp on fixed tanks is just terrible.

The timeslots were also terrible.

Not being able to use premium tanks for those was also bad.

The blue prints instead of credit discount on tech tree tanks was useless for me since I have researched everything in the game.

So it was an ok event but nothing more. Would rate it 5 out of 10

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 29 December 2019 - 12:39 AM.

parim1331 #529 Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:44 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7824 battles

View Post__Eric__, on 26 December 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

Personally, I think it comes down to habits, if you're used to something looking certain way, and someone decides to change it, big chances are you won't like it.

__Eric__ #530 Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36991 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postparim1331, on 30 December 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

Personally, I think it comes down to habits, if you're used to something looking certain way, and someone decides to change it, big chances are you won't like it.

My point is: why whine on forehand and not just try what the changes are and judge after you have tried the changes ;)

Jumping_Turtle #531 Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 72129 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postparim1331, on 30 December 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

The let down for me wa that it was brought by a few WG Staff members as a (big) improvement over the last years for everybody.

And as I thought when I saw the news it turned out te be :

A few things stayed the same

A lot got worse

And to be honest, I can not even think of one thing that got improved for me on this acount.

So yes. I am a bit disappointed with this years event. It wasnt bad over all, but it certainly wasnt an improvement for me.

undutchable80 #532 Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13562 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 29 December 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

It isnt as bad as I thought it would be, but for me personally it is worse than the last years.

The xp, crew xp and free xp on fixed tanks is just terrible. It isn't too bad imo. My only real grief I have is the "useless" freexp boost on LTs. SPGs get the crew boosts, which is ok in itself, but LTs could use that boost way more than SPGs. And WG will have the data, but I have seen a lot more games with 0 LTs on the teams than before HO. WG should swap the SPG & LT boost next year. 

The timeslots were also terrible. 30 minutes is ok. Then again, I grind plenty of tanks all over the tiers...

Not being able to use premium tanks for those was also bad. This is indeed crap. Nice that tanks in the slots get 50% credit boost, but it just doesn't feel the same as previous years.

The blue prints instead of credit discount on tech tree tanks was useless for me since I have researched everything in the game. Was helpful to me, even though I do miss the massive discounts...

So it was an ok event but nothing more. Would rate it 5 out of 10

One thing I would add is the MASSIVE nerf to the credit boosts. Previous editions you only had to collect ~72/95 shards of one book in order to have credit boost on ALL tanks you played. Now you have to collect 72/95 for all four books, for a select number of non-premium vehicles, and even then that only nets you 40% bonus. To get the remaining 10% you had to obtain another 10k shards? That's as big as a nerf as it can get and I don't like it. 

The x5s from the snow maidens and stuff was a nice addition I wouldn't mind seeing again next year. 

niska #533 Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33453 battles
  • [C0RPS] C0RPS

more or less 70 normal boxes that i open and not a single tier 5 decoration lol.

cmon WG.:sceptic:

at least i m not to much excited to get this AWESOME camos... kappa

parim1331 #534 Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7824 battles

View Post__Eric__, on 30 December 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

My point is: why whine on forehand and not just try what the changes are and judge after you have tried the changes ;)

Spoiler

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 30 December 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

The let down for me wa that it was brought by a few WG Staff members as a (big) improvement over the last years for everybody.

And as I thought when I saw the news it turned out te be :

A few things stayed the same

A lot got worse

And to be honest, I can not even think of one thing that got improved for me on this acount.

So yes. I am a bit disappointed with this years event. It wasnt bad over all, but it certainly wasnt an improvement for me.

I'm very sorry to hear that, we will try to raise the bar even higher, and hopefully next years Event won't disappoint you. :)

On a side note, I would like to wish all who spent time these Holidays with us, thank you, and have an amazing New Year! :harp:

Jumping_Turtle #535 Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 72129 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postparim1331, on 31 December 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

On a side note, I would like to wish all who spent time these Holidays with us, thank you, and have an amazing New Year! :harp:

Thanks! You too have a great new years eve and a wonderful new year. Also counts for all other staf who put up with us whining and complaining a lot. But ad long as we do that we care. When we go silent you should worry ;)

RedJester #536 Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20582 battles

View Postniska, on 30 December 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

more or less 70 normal boxes that i open and not a single tier 5 decoration lol.

cmon WG.:sceptic:

at least i m not to much excited to get this AWESOME camos... kappa

I finished the albums etc, had about 120 small boxes I hadn't opened yesterday and decided to open the lot. I don't remember seeing a single level 5 decoration... Maybe there was one, ... but literally no more. For people free to play etc, people not buying loot crates etc, it seems close to impossible to complete all the collections to me. 

Scanmen #537 Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26280 battles
  • [WNB] WNB

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 31 December 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

Thanks! You too have a great new years eve and a wonderful new year. Also counts for all other staf who put up with us whining and complaining a lot. But ad long as we do that we care. When we go silent you should worry ;)

+1

Trostani #538 Posted 31 December 2019 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51438 battles
  • [TDSTS] TDSTS

View PostRedJester, on 31 December 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

I finished the albums etc, had about 120 small boxes I hadn't opened yesterday and decided to open the lot. I don't remember seeing a single level 5 decoration... Maybe there was one, ... but literally no more. For people free to play etc, people not buying loot crates etc, it seems close to impossible to complete all the collections to me. 

Last year collecting all available small boxes I were not able to complete ONE collection, so nothing new this year. At least now is available tool to avoid duplicates, in theory one collection should be possible for F2P.

Hal_Leuco #539 Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 50230 battles

I'm satisfied with this event. With 38% bonus to credits driving t8 prem tanks is really comfortable.

I don't have to play seriously, just straight forward then shoot once or twice and I'm done with the battle. Thanks WG.

Gremlin182 #540 Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 60787 battles

Pretty good event though I would prefer a few more box missions per day perhaps next year have one mission infinitely repeatable.

Or instead of having the major missions reset weekly make one or two of them reset maybe every 48 hours.

Its getting a little frustrating waiting for some of the small box missions to reset The ones that give a lot of boxes will not become available again till the 3rd of Jan

That makes a huge difference to what you can achieve in a days play.
With all the missions you can get 60 small boxes but missions 8 9 10 and 11 account for 44 of those boxes.
Once completed you have to wait till Friday for them to reset till then you are limited to 16 boxes.

Today the 49 decorations I got from the boxes filled no spaces in any collection and I turned them into 870 shards
plus the 330 I have left over from yesterdays crafting means I have 1200 shards.

1080 shards makes 1 lvl 5 decoration which might be one I need but as time goes on and albums get filled in its more likely to be a complete waste of shards.

The event ends on the 14th of Jan, so with the reset timing we can get access to 60 boxes on Friday the third of Jan then again on the 10th but then the event is over before they would reset again on the 17th.
The event may last 32 days but you can only get at those extra 44 boxes on 5 of those days.

I suspect I will be buying large boxes on the last day when I have crafted every available shard.

Not against that its my own decision and I am confident I will get value for the money I spend, if I get that funky new Russian tank I will be overjoyed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users