Jump to content


Holiday Ops 2020—Let the Festive Specials Begin!


  • Please log in to reply
580 replies to this topic

Mr_Deo #561 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:27 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45339 battles
  • 1,991
  • [ESAF] ESAF
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

View PostGremlin182, on 13 January 2020 - 03:13 AM, said:


On the first day I got the festive level to 5 I think and the very next day I bought 75 Lunar boxes that got me instantly to lvl 10 and all rewards.

I wanted to get to level 10 right away so the Bonuses to XP Free XP and Crew XP would be running for the entire event and I also had the credit bonus to something like 43%.

Very soon after that it was 47% and now its at 50%, ok it cost me £85 but the credits are flying in.

 

Have potentially 24,160 shards plus whatever I get from Mondays boxes and I have 12 antirandomiser devices left.

New year album I want to complete needs 2 tier 3 2 tier 4 and 5 tier 5s

Lunar is complete.

Magic needs 2 tier 4 and 12 tier 5

Christmas needs 3 tier 4 and 12 tier 5

 

I can complete the album I want without spending anything more so that's fine.

 

-Edit- Dupicator is Meh

 


Edited by Mr_Deo, 13 January 2020 - 04:36 PM.


Zmago5000 #562 Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:19 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14782 battles
  • 1,030
  • Member since:
    11-24-2018
i still dont know what to do with lvl. 5 shards on the evening of 13th,..., remove , break and complete another album  or no????

gunslingerXXX #563 Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:28 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13623 battles
  • 3,681
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
I broke everything and my credit bonus went down to 8%

Zmago5000 #564 Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:36 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14782 battles
  • 1,030
  • Member since:
    11-24-2018

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 13 January 2020 - 07:28 AM, said:

I broke everything and my credit bonus went down to 8%

yes that true, but the question is what will happen after,..from 14-28 th?



Bertuhan #565 Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:50 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 38123 battles
  • 106
  • [XPLOD] XPLOD
  • Member since:
    10-19-2011
The antiduplicator charge is useless. It was suggested you could just use it to get any decoration you don't have. Silly me not doing acutal research in game (because it wasn't further specified in the article), made up a chart until I had exactly 103 of the 120 tier 5 decorations with minimal shards. Doing this, on the last day of the missions, I could use all tier 5 decorations in the slots in garage to then use simple tier 5 360 shards crafts to get the last remaining 17 tier 5 decorations with the antiduplicator charges. It was a perfect fit, I even had some extra shards to craft the missing tier 4 decorations... Now, on the last day of the event I started doing this, crafted the last few decorations to get 103/120 t5 decorations, and then ready to finish the collections. But what happens when I try to craft? IT'S NOT [edited]POSSIBLE, BECAUSE THE $$$$$$$$$ AT WG DECIDED YOU HAVE TO USE A FULL 1080 SHARD RECIPE TO BE ABLE TO USE THE ANTIDUPLICATOR! I though this year that collection was finally [edited]manageable with the antiduplicators, even though they raised the amount of tier 5 decorations WITH 50% COMPARED TO LAST YEAR, but they turned out to be COMPLETELY [edited]USELESS because this [edited]description in the article "Since Charges are the most reliable way to get missing decorations, it's better to hold them until the end of the event and use them to fill the gaps in your Collections. Remember that the number of Charges is limited, so use them wisely to craft only the most necessary and rare decorations." MENTIONS NOWHERE THERE ARE RESTRICTIONS ON IT'S USE!!!!! I KNEW WG WOULD [edited]UP THIS BS AGAIN!!!!!

Devon77 #566 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:49 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24728 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

View PostZmago5000, on 13 January 2020 - 07:36 AM, said:

yes that true, but the question is what will happen after,..from 14-28 th?

The credit bonus continues the rest of the month. WG posted news about this last week



Mr_Deo #567 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45339 battles
  • 1,991
  • [ESAF] ESAF
  • Member since:
    01-30-2012

View PostBertuhan, on 13 January 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

The antiduplicator charge is useless. It was suggested you could just use it to get any decoration you don't have. Silly me not doing acutal research in game (because it wasn't further specified in the article), made up a chart until I had exactly 103 of the 120 tier 5 decorations with minimal shards. Doing this, on the last day of the missions, I could use all tier 5 decorations in the slots in garage to then use simple tier 5 360 shards crafts to get the last remaining 17 tier 5 decorations with the antiduplicator charges. It was a perfect fit, I even had some extra shards to craft the missing tier 4 decorations... Now, on the last day of the event I started doing this, crafted the last few decorations to get 103/120 t5 decorations, and then ready to finish the collections. But what happens when I try to craft? IT'S NOT [edited]POSSIBLE, BECAUSE THE $$$$$$$$$ AT WG DECIDED YOU HAVE TO USE A FULL 1080 SHARD RECIPE TO BE ABLE TO USE THE ANTIDUPLICATOR! I though this year that collection was finally [edited]manageable with the antiduplicators, even though they raised the amount of tier 5 decorations WITH 50% COMPARED TO LAST YEAR, but they turned out to be COMPLETELY [edited]USELESS because this [edited]description in the article "Since Charges are the most reliable way to get missing decorations, it's better to hold them until the end of the event and use them to fill the gaps in your Collections. Remember that the number of Charges is limited, so use them wisely to craft only the most necessary and rare decorations." MENTIONS NOWHERE THERE ARE RESTRICTIONS ON IT'S USE!!!!! I KNEW WG WOULD [edited]UP THIS BS AGAIN!!!!!

 

 

Wow your right.

I had not noticed that either!.

It should let you select Random / Random / Random + Anti-duplicator.  But wow, that restriction stinks.



Viking_Zero #568 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:56 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29555 battles
  • 31
  • [12-R] 12-R
  • Member since:
    09-30-2014

hey there.

I would like to know if there can be a option to buy a mixed bag of holiday ops for the same price as buying for 1 set of boxes..............eg 11 magic box .............or a mixed bag of all 4 boxes to make up the 11 boxes at the same price .............hope that is clear enough.

 

thanx

 

oh yes just a thought for next time



Gremlin182 #569 Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:14 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 60396 battles
  • 9,866
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

The Antiduplicator charges are new and yes I guess how they work could be made clearer.

You could assume it worked with any number of shards including zero.

remember that idea for next year if you use the idea again let the cost in shards be zero and each charge can just craft any specific decorations for no other cost.

 

I just crafted the last decorations for the New year and already finished the Lunar those were the two I really wanted.

23 more tier 5s to craft if I choose to complete the Magic and Christmas albums.

Will have enough shards to get 18 tier 5s and only have 8 antiduplicator charges

Looks like I might get one but not both and even one isn't likely.

 

Bought fewer boxes than last year well so far still 13 hours of temptation left :)

I would be really mad if I spent another £85 didn't get the new Russian Heavy and then next week it was on sale

 



WoT_RU_Doing #570 Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:38 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 59936 battles
  • 3,401
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

Well I bought New Year 75 boxes at the beginning, and got all the tanks/styles that I hadn't already got in my garage, apart from the Obj 430U style. Today I bought another 36 boxes (11 Magic and 25 Christmas) after breaking all my decorations, got the Obj 430U style and ended up using my last antiduplicator to get the 380th decoration,with 1400 shards remaining. In addition, I completed the previous years collection as well, and even got an extra snow maiden in one of the large boxes, so I'm happy with how it all worked out. 

 

On a less positive note, if I hadn't spent anything, I'd be rather frustrated at how much effort I put in, vs what I'd have achieved. 

Also, I found the large decorations a little confusing....it took me ages to work out that you could place all 4 simultaneously - initially I tried each one, demounting the previous one first to ensure there was a slot, and broke 3 once I'd chosen the one I liked best. Then I had to make them again to get the full 50% credit value. This could have been clearer.



8126Jakobsson #571 Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:29 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 82506 battles
  • 5,793
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

 

That's it for this year. I'm going to be a good boy and hopefully the maidens will bring me a daily gift each next time. :child:



parim1331 #572 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:56 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 7770 battles
  • 1,687
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 13 January 2020 - 09:29 PM, said:

 

That's it for this year. I'm going to be a good boy and hopefully the maidens will bring me a daily gift each next time. :child:

 

I'm sure that if you will write constructive posts on the forum, Santa will put you on the good-boy list! :teethhappy:



_Mad_Yuri_ #573 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29332 battles
  • 215
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013
so no more festive tree credit boosters  ?

parim1331 #574 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:03 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 7770 battles
  • 1,687
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View Post_Mad_Yuri_, on 14 January 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

so no more festive tree credit boosters  ?

 

As far as I know, you only have credit boosters on the Holiday Ops tanks.



8126Jakobsson #575 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:07 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 82506 battles
  • 5,793
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postparim1331, on 14 January 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

 

I'm sure that if you will write constructive posts on the forum, Santa will put you on the good-boy list! :teethhappy:


Constructive posts?! Aww maaaan. :(



Maroko_1337 #576 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4709 battles
  • 161
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017
Are the boxes only for Christmas ? Are there any discounts during the year for the gold ? What was the other event last year ? I heard about the black market, what else ? After seeing the tanks, i don't understand the hype, it's probably me. 

parim1331 #577 Posted 15 January 2020 - 03:04 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 7770 battles
  • 1,687
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 14 January 2020 - 05:07 PM, said:


Constructive posts?! Aww maaaan. :(

 

Big brother will be watching! Back your posts with arguments! :bush:

 

View PostMaroko_1337, on 14 January 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

Are the boxes only for Christmas ? Are there any discounts during the year for the gold ? What was the other event last year ? I heard about the black market, what else ? After seeing the tanks, i don't understand the hype, it's probably me. 

 

Christmas Boxes, as the name suggests, happen to be available only once a year, during Holiday Ops.

The event last year was similar to the one we had this time. Changes were somewhat cosmetic.

Black Market? I have also heard something about this. As far as I remember, last year some thugs broke into our secret warehouses and stole couple of our most precious tanks, which later, they tried selling! Good thing we caught them after all...

 

 



WaffleTiger #578 Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 44298 battles
  • 1,403
  • [5REST] 5REST
  • Member since:
    11-02-2011

View Postparim1331, on 14 January 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

 

As far as I know, you only have credit boosters on the Holiday Ops tanks.

Does that last until end January? Thx in advance



parim1331 #579 Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:29 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 7770 battles
  • 1,687
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostWaffleTiger, on 15 January 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

Does that last until end January? Thx in advance

 

The cooling down period lasts until 28th January, as far as I remember.

Should any changes be made to the dates, you will find it announced on our portal. :)



PipeHugger #580 Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13327 battles
  • 106
  • [BOF] BOF
  • Member since:
    10-04-2015
Why is this still on the web site? Worse still, it is at the top of the page. Considering this site makes you all your money it seems a little strange that it is almost constantly an embarrassment.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users