• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Jumping_Turtle #1 Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 72205 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

The good things in 2019:

1 - Homefront. I really liked the mode eventhough the rough start when they overlooked the levels of players who could join together. It was something completly new and when you formed a team it was nice to play.

2 - Steel Hunter. I knew I would suck at those 1 vs 1 fights so I made myself another challenge to finish it without shooting. Had the most fun in a long time in WOT.

3 - Tankfest and meeting fellow dingers and ex dingers there. Had a blast meeting the guys in person and lets not forget the WG staff I met there. I was nice to meet Eekeeboo, Vuque, Sael and Echidna at Bovington.

4 - Finished WOT. Was a bit of a goal to research every tank in the game and I succeeded in Oktober.

The bad things in 2019:

1 - Removal of Teambattles is by far the worst choice Wargaming made this year. The only fun mode we looked forward to each week has been removed and the promised replacement is nowhere to be seen.

2 - The Anonimizer. It will take away a lot of the fun there was still left for me in the game. While I understand there had to be done something. The way it is implented now is terrible.  Friendslist and Clammembers also invisible is horrible and the hidden blacklist players is even worse.

3 - Frontline. While it was a nice event lasr year. It got totally ruined by the number of times you had to play it every month.

4 - Events in general. We had way too many events this year. They followed one after another and sometimes even overlapped eachother. And with all the events the normal gameplay got ruined. Missions affected the random games and clanactivity was down below zero, since people were rather doing events or were worn out after the events. I have two other acounts I used for clanstuff but the combination of #1 and these events have made them useless and I never even play them anymore.

5 - Christmas event. The event I was looking forward too so much, but what a disappointment is was. For me this was all about the bonusses we got for a month. And while nobody asked for a change, Wargaming decided to alter the system so we do not get the bonusses on all tanks anymore and the tanks are locked for 30 minuts. Besides that we are getting blueprints I do not need and the tech tree credit bonus is gone.

While this does saves me at least 200 euro since I will not be buying any lootboxes at all this year it is a very big disappointment that the Christmas event got such a big nerf.

6 - Even when every good player tells you some tanks are overpowered Wargaming still refuses to nerf some reward tanks to tech tree levels.

For 2020

To be honest. I dont see me playing much since a lot of the things I liked about the game are gone or changed in a way I dont like. Will probably still play a few games with my friends on a regular base.

But the games I played outside those platoons will be minimized and will most likely just be arty games to focus the crap out of everybody who uses the anonimizer.

The game has become one big grind after another and every fun aspect of the game has been removed.

TheJumpMaster #2 Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

Major General

• 51004 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 09 December 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

The good things in 2019:

3 - Tankfest and meeting fellow dingers and ex dingers there. Had a blast meeting the guys in person and lets not forget the WG staff I met there. I was nice to meet Eekeeboo, Vuque, Sael and Echidna at Bovington.

This was the main reason for m traveling all the way to Bovington. I must admit that I was quite excited at the prospect of meeting Forumites/Dingers. When it actually happened I was certainly NOT disappointed.

For me WoT is more that just pixelized tanks going pew pew, a lot has to do with the people behind these in-game names.

Jumping_Turtle #3 Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 72205 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 09 December 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

For me WoT is more that just pixelized tanks going pew pew, a lot has to do with the people behind these in-game names.

True, but with the removal of Teambattles it doesnt makes much sense anymore to even be in a clan. The relaxed way The Dingers played that was someting to look forward to and was the social event of the week and where you could have a laugh with your clanmates while pew pew pewing (and blaming Jay). Teamspeak is dead and the fun Friday and Saturdays are gone ...

shikaka9 #4 Posted 09 December 2019 - 05:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 74767 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 09 December 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

The game has become one big grind after another and every fun aspect of the game has been removed.

a big YES

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 09 December 2019 - 06:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10246 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Turtle, you forgot to mention wheeled vehicles in your post. :girl:

jack_timber #6 Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42820 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well I still find it fun and it's preferable way of passing the evening rather than watching Eastenders, Corrie and all those blamed cookery shows.

Jumping_Turtle #7 Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 72205 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 09 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Turtle, you forgot to mention wheeled vehicles in your post. :girl:

I know. Thought about that but I find the other things I mentioned more troublesome that the WV. They arent my kind of gameplay and I do not lik the faster gameplay this game is heading to, but at the other hand I dont have that much problems shooting them. And when I am in another light I just am a little more carefull at the beginning till they die.

Also didnt mention arty but that is more because I will focus the crap out of anybody who uses the anonimizer.

Also a sad part of that anonimizer is that I will stop keeping track of my killlist. With the chickens hiding their name the fun I had keeping track of which formite I killed is gone.

Bulldog_Drummond #8 Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34473 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 09 December 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

I know. Thought about that but I find the other things I mentioned more troublesome that the WV. They arent my kind of gameplay and I do not lik the faster gameplay this game is heading to, but at the other hand I dont have that much problems shooting them. And when I am in another light I just am a little more carefull at the beginning till they die.

Also didnt mention arty but that is more because I will focus the crap out of anybody who uses the anonimizer.

Also a sad part of that anonimizer is that I will stop keeping track of my killlist. With the chickens hiding their name the fun I had keeping track of which formite I killed is gone.

Don't worry, JT, you are welcome to kill me again and again.

The_Naa #9 Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10273 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

ill add my list of goods and bads here as well if you dont mind. :P

Good things 2019.

not a lot. cant think of any atm.

Neutral things 2019.

Wheeled vehicles and new tank lines but not a whole lot else.

Bad things 2019.

Game Modes. ( Frontline, Steel Hunter, Homefront. )

while the events were fun, the fact they were available for such a short period of time, it felt like i was forced to play the Game modes. which i did not like at all.

TheJumpMaster #10 Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:33 PM

Major General

• 51004 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Personally, I still enjoy this game. It provides me with hours of fun and relaxation.

The_Naa #11 Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10273 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 09 December 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

Personally, I still enjoy this game. It provides me with hours of fun and relaxation.

i do enjoy the game as well. but the new things that happened in 2019 were not that great.

the gameplay is and stays enjoyable imo.

Edited by The_Naa, 09 December 2019 - 09:36 PM.

TheJumpMaster #12 Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:37 PM

Major General

• 51004 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
My biggest disappointment is TBs.

Bordhaw #13 Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15634 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 09 December 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

To be honest. I dont see me playing much since a lot of the things I liked about the game are gone or changed in a way I dont like. Will probably still play a few games with my friends on a regular base.

Jumping_Turtle #14 Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 72205 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostThe_Naa, on 09 December 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

ill add my list of goods and bads here as well if you dont mind. :P

That was kinda the intention of the post. To see and read what others find good and bad about this year.

Lanrefni #15 Posted 09 December 2019 - 10:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36888 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA

At least you will not make me scared in randoms.

All I miss is Steel Hunter.

Teambattles - practically nobody misses these. only if you weren't part of a clan which does regular skirmishes,advances and CWs - then I feel your pain. but otherwise? this gamemode was getting outdated the same way tank companies did. 

Honestly, what is the point in just making extra credits? How about you just do that when you are sharing your cause with like-minded people? By which I mean being part of a clan.

You are not approaching the issue from a critical viewpoint, but from a casual one.

Also tagged with what, was, good, and, bad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users