Please fix this game

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Eddyworldoftank9 #1 Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7419 battles

This game needs some significant changes. In its current form its broken.

changes i believed need to happen:

- A reduction in the amount of gold fired, or at least a reward other than losing less credits at the end of the game, for firing normal rounds (the idea proposed on the test server of increasing standard ammo dmg seems like a good idea)

- Nerf some of these Russian tanks (the obj 268 v 2 and obj 279e for example), every other tank in the game has a weakness at the front which makes it possible to pen, so why don't Russian tanks. Also i think this encourages players to take more gold, because most tier Xs need gold to pen a 279e for example.

- Wheeled vehicles have completely changed the metta. Hiding behind a bush is now impossible when one of those is on the enemy team. Lights are also becoming redundant in some ways. The wheeled vehicles spot enemy tanks faster and can change location at incredible speeds. I understand that they have poor view range and terrible Armour, but their view range doesn't matter because of their speed and the wheels on theses tanks is some of the most effective Armour i have ever seen. They are already challenging to hit, so hitting them to just blow a wheel off and do no dmg and slightly slow the tank down is a joke. One thing that is certain: it should be impossible for one team to have a wheeled vehicle and the other not have it. It gives the team with the wheeled vehicle and unfair advantage. 

- ARTY CHANGES: there is no need for more nerfing of arty dmg, make hitting a shot rewarding (so make them less accurate, or reintroduce AP shells) but also make taking a shot risky. Currently arty sits at the back of the map never moving because counter battery is so challenging. The tracers need to be more obvious and stay slightly longer on the screen. Also this change will never happen, but if you want arty to be balanced you need to make its possible for decent light players to find and kill arty. These corridor maps make it impossible. 

- The economy in the game is broken right now, this might not be something everyone agrees on, but i do believe that playing tier 10 and 9 should not mean losing credits. 

- finally the matchmaking. to put it simply the number of 15-0 15-1 15-2 games in WOT on the EU server is a joke. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE, the game is becoming unplayable which is a great shame because it is such an extraordinary game which so many people (including myself) love so dearly. 

Please feel free to add any other suggestions of what needs changing, hopefully the game we love so dearly can become as perfect as it has the potential to be. 

Stevies_Team #2 Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles

+1/-1 = job sorted, or at least tolerable

Aint gonna happen though

antwerp_fighter #3 Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53935 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

You are thinking it wrong.

You need think about those issues from WG perspectives, in other words, does it generate more profit or not?

Stevies_Team #4 Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles
Fewer players means harder milking

Warzey #5 Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 60912 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

View PostEddyworldoftank9, on 10 December 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

- A reduction in the amount of gold fired, or at least a reward other than losing less credits at the end of the game, for firing normal rounds (the idea proposed on the test server of increasing standard ammo dmg seems like a good idea)

WG has been talking about ammo rebalance, we'll just have to wait and see.

Block Quote

- Nerf some of these Russian tanks (the obj 268 v 2 and obj 279e for example), every other tank in the game has a weakness at the front which makes it possible to pen, so why don't Russian tanks. Also i think this encourages players to take more gold, because most tier Xs need gold to pen a 279e for example.

What about other tanks that are similar, like Japanese heavies, Maus and T110E3 for example? 

Block Quote

- Wheeled vehicles have completely changed the metta. Hiding behind a bush is now impossible when one of those is on the enemy team. Lights are also becoming redundant in some ways. The wheeled vehicles spot enemy tanks faster and can change location at incredible speeds. I understand that they have poor view range and terrible Armour, but their view range doesn't matter because of their speed and the wheels on theses tanks is some of the most effective Armour i have ever seen. They are already challenging to hit, so hitting them to just blow a wheel off and do no dmg and slightly slow the tank down is a joke. One thing that is certain: it should be impossible for one team to have a wheeled vehicle and the other not have it. It gives the team with the wheeled vehicle and unfair advantage. 

Oh yes, view range doesn't matter. I'll ask you that again when you take a WV and have drive 100m in front of a bush where you know there's a TD hiding, because you can't spot him otherwise. That TD might miss you, or shave off 70% of your HP, who knows. 

WV can be a great asset but also a hindrance depending on the map. Tracked lights have massively better firepower and are a lot easier to maneuver on city maps for example.  

Block Quote

- The economy in the game is broken right now, this might not be something everyone agrees on, but i do believe that playing tier 10 and 9 should not mean losing credits. 

I will have to disagree with this. If there's no credit loss on tier 9 and 10 then there's no incentive to play lower tier tanks once you finish grinding them, so it will be hard to populate lower tier games. This would also decrease sales of premium account which is a big no no. 

Block Quote

- finally the matchmaking. to put it simply the number of 15-0 15-1 15-2 games in WOT on the EU server is a joke. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE, the game is becoming unplayable which is a great shame because it is such an extraordinary game which so many people (including myself) love so dearly. 

Again I'll have to disagree, these games results are not very common at least at T8 and higher. What makes matters worse are the XVM idiots that leave/suicide/afk if they don't fancy win chances. Another issue is that there's no real way to reduce the amount of these games. Even if players are equally skilled there are other factors at play, plus when a flank starts to crack it usually crumbles very quickly and it just snowballs from there.

Hornetear #6 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12726 battles
  • [3-RTR] 3-RTR

I've noticed that at peak time playing tier 7 and below has a longer wait time, go 8 and above and straight in, Mmmm premium time.

Matchmaking still sucks in my view, I'm no ace tanker, but it seems all of us "less gifted" players all get lumped into the same team, so you get well beaten, this then lowers the averages on your tank. I think this spoils the game, why not have Co-op battles such as they do on WOW, muppets can mess round against bots and allow those who like strategy and team play have a good rewarding game with like minded players

wsatnutter #7 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:20 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26718 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
there is a sticky thread for this kind of opinion  , that way we don't have the forums saturated with whine threads remember you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts? expected some red font sometime soon

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

Colonel

• 20502 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Oh Look, Its red font time as predicted.

However, all I am going to say is keep the thread constructive please. 

Express your opinions, but bear in mimd, not everyone will share yours. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users