Rant regarding premium time

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Pandabird #1 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38598 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

Anyone else get the same *sigh* feeling whenever you get premium time?

As in great, now here we go again, 24 hours of forced play before it runs out.

I'm one with this compulsive behaviour, especially since i'm unavailable to fully utilize weeks or even months of premium time because of long shifts.

This week in particular has been bothersome, mainly because i unlocked 1 week through a random code in a chat window.

Sure, it feels great spamming gold in tier 10 tanks without being bothered about credits, or spamming premium tank games for credit profit.

Other than that it's just Pay to play less in my opinion. Sure, you grind faster, but shouldn't you be enjoying playing tanks in the first place?

I had over a year off and missed out on all the marathons for Progetto, SUsniper and whatnot. And yeah, they feel overpowered as hell compared to my crummy german tanks.

Anyways just read through the lootbox stuff and my one and only reason why I won't buy into it is simple, I'm going abroad over the holidays, all those premium days that will inevitably come from those boxes will be pure waste.

All in all i feel it's simply become unhealthy to play with all this specific timeframe stuff, the Renegade grind was just awful if you missed a day or three.

I mean i've sunk a hundred or so into the game over the years, and managed quite fine. Nobody's forcing you to play the game but your own compulsive behaviour.

Time to load up some Mad Max and enjoy an actually fun crappy game for a while, most likely it'll be another week of premium wasted.

Wish you could pause premium time somehow, that'd be nice.

Edited by Pandabird, 11 December 2019 - 03:23 PM.

woolfie #2 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 50339 battles

Ask yourself this simple question - Are you playing this game or is this game playing you?

You don't have to take part in every event so just play to relax and for entertainment not because you ''have to''.

the_Haba #3 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27587 battles

View PostPandabird, on 11 December 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

I mean i've sunk a hundred or so into the game over the years, and managed quite fine.

But how many hours have you sunk on the game?

And how many of those hours you've actually been doing what you enjoy, rather than doing what you must do (to grind credits, to complete missions etc.).

I completed Frontline. Got the tier 9 tank. Didn't even put equipment on it. Shut down the game and haven't launched it since. That was the straw that broke my back.

Thankfully since WG can't compel me to install their new malware launcher, I can't even log in to claim my 'free' rewards.

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24707 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Do you get upset over anything else just worth a fiver?
14:41 Added after 0 minute

View Postthe_Haba, on 11 December 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Thankfully since WG can't compel me to install their new malware launcher, I can't even log in to claim my 'free' rewards.

Great...I love a bit of pointless drama.

pecopad #5 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30227 battles
  • [UGN] UGN
Worst is the way WG treats its paying customers....

kaneloon #6 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31568 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

It mainly the x5 bonus that is really unholy and should not be there.

When I have a few days of premium I only have to play a few battles to elite a tank. Versus I can't remember how many battles to unlock the top is8 gun many years ago.

It a real joke.

pecopad #7 Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30227 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postkaneloon, on 11 December 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

It mainly the x5 bonus that is really unholy and should not be there.

When I have a few days of premium I only have to play a few battles to elite a tank. Versus I can't remember how many battles to unlock the top is8 gun many years ago.

It a real joke.

Yes because playing with a stock gun is really fun...

A few years ago there weren't any super heavies and Defenders. I have been grinding some "old" tanks and its really a pain.

Schepel #8 Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66757 battles
I generally buy premium for a year. Premium per day is much more expensive and does indeed give you the feeling of lost opportunity if you don't play. If you sit on 365 days of premium, at roughly 20 euro cents per day, you stop caring about it.

kaneloon #9 Posted 11 December 2019 - 04:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31568 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

View Postpecopad, on 11 December 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Yes because playing with a stock gun is really fun...

A few years ago there weren't any super heavies and Defenders. I have been grinding some "old" tanks and its really a pain.

I understand you of course, but it gives me a "fast food" feeling.

Reaching the upper tiers in a few hours grind.

Imho you can't really "appreciate" the progression between a stock tank and its best config.

Gruff_ #10 Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23844 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If I get gifted or win some premium days I too feel a compulsion to make the most of it, I also forget to use the x5 bonuss to xp boosts on a win sometimes.

Conversley though when there are events like x2 crew xp or double combat xp I feel like not joining the masses and rebel against being manipulated into playing at the most effiecient time, or doing what is "expected".

facmanpob #11 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4648 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostSchepel, on 11 December 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

I generally buy premium for a year. Premium per day is much more expensive and does indeed give you the feeling of lost opportunity if you don't play. If you sit on 365 days of premium, at roughly 20 euro cents per day, you stop caring about it.

This!

Earlier this year I got the 365 days plus T-44-100 plus T-28 with F-30 bundle, with a 30% discount voucher chucked in to make it even cheaper. At 16p per day it doesn’t even register when I miss a day, and frankly a year’s worth of premium for less than the price of a Premiership football ticket is good value!

Bordhaw #12 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15581 battles

View PostPandabird, on 11 December 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

Anyone else get the same *sigh* feeling whenever you get premium time?

As in great, now here we go again, 24 hours of forced play before it runs out.

I'm one with this compulsive behaviour, especially since i'm unavailable to fully utilize weeks or even months of premium time because of long shifts.

This week in particular has been bothersome, mainly because i unlocked 1 week through a random code in a chat window.

Sure, it feels great spamming gold in tier 10 tanks without being bothered about credits, or spamming premium tank games for credit profit.

Other than that it's just Pay to play less in my opinion. Sure, you grind faster, but shouldn't you be enjoying playing tanks in the first place?

I had over a year off and missed out on all the marathons for Progetto, SUsniper and whatnot. And yeah, they feel overpowered as hell compared to my crummy german tanks.

Anyways just read through the lootbox stuff and my one and only reason why I won't buy into it is simple, I'm going abroad over the holidays, all those premium days that will inevitably come from those boxes will be pure waste.

All in all i feel it's simply become unhealthy to play with all this specific timeframe stuff, the Renegade grind was just awful if you missed a day or three.

I mean i've sunk a hundred or so into the game over the years, and managed quite fine. Nobody's forcing you to play the game but your own compulsive behaviour.

Time to load up some Mad Max and enjoy an actually fun crappy game for a while, most likely it'll be another week of premium wasted.

Wish you could pause premium time somehow, that'd be nice.

Doesnt premium account work out at like 0.5 Euros a day. Hardly worth "ranting" about if you don't play 20 games a day for it to be "worthwhile". 

Gixxer66 #13 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19721 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

@OP Sounds like 1st World you issues tbh.

If you got the Prem Time for free, I honestly don't see the problem, can't play don't play.

If you can't afford to pay for Premium time don't.

30 days costs about £9.00, equivalent to a cheap packet of cigarettes or 2.5pints of Lager. I don't get what the drama is, no one except yourself is in control of your time playing WoT. Marathons, Campaigns x5 XP - no one forces you to put lots of time in, it's not compulsory. If you have a real compulsion, go find a good therapist - 1st world solution for a 1st world problem

pecopad #14 Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:33 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30227 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostGixxer66, on 11 December 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

@OP Sounds like 1st World you issues tbh.

If you got the Prem Time for free, I honestly don't see the problem, can't play don't play.

If you can't afford to pay for Premium time don't.

30 days costs about £9.00, equivalent to a cheap packet of cigarettes or 2.5pints of Lager. I don't get what the drama is, no one except yourself is in control of your time playing WoT. Marathons, Campaigns x5 XP - no one forces you to put lots of time in, it's not compulsory. If you have a real compulsion, go find a good therapist - 1st world solution for a 1st world problem

Origin account is the same price, Xbox pass and they have class A games included.

Netflix, Disney, Amazon Prime, Spotify are cheaper

Premium time in WoT is very expensive and made for wallet warriors addicts (like me.)

Zmago5000 #15 Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14730 battles
I BOUGHT 360 DAYS Premium for 56,3 eur,....so 0,156 EUR / day,...its actually cheaper than a chewing gum (1)  at the store  :)

RaptorAbt #16 Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 44055 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Keep and eye on the WoWp Premium Shop as it still offers "Universal" Premium days - especially useful if you play more that WoT.

Stevies_Team #17 Posted 12 December 2019 - 11:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles

Watch out for their combined packages

You get a decent T8 plus 360 days for 70 bananas

If you already have the T8 then you get gold compensation

(Mine was the T44-100 plus 360 days)

Pandabird #18 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38598 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostZmago5000, on 12 December 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

I BOUGHT 360 DAYS Premium for 56,3 eur,....so 0,156 EUR / day,...its actually cheaper than a chewing gum (1)  at the store  :)

alright. let's start at 15c a day then. Halve that (totally unable to play on business trips which take half of the year away and that's being generous, not even gonna include personal travelling etc.) that's 30c, split that into three (doubt anyone sane play for more than 8 hours a day) and that's 90c. We're closing in on the euro mark as for efficient theoretical premium use for me personally *if* i play every single day i'm off work.

Problem with subscription based services is that you have to use them as much as possible to gain maximum value. The less you use them, the less valuable they are. Now I said 1e, but in reality the psychological sum is closer to 3, since I just can't bear to play all the time, every day. The clock just keeps running and I have stuff to do, friends to see. I don't like it at all.

On a sidenote, I absolutely *love* boosters. As you can lock in one or two hours for power-play and choose to keep going or step away.

Actually, if I could trade away premium time for boosters, I would 9/10 times do so, even at a hefty loss.

Or how about a Premium BOOSTER, like Premium time stored in 2 hour packages ready to be deployed, now that'd be pure awesome!

Edited by Pandabird, 12 December 2019 - 12:15 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostPandabird, on 12 December 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

Or how about a Premium BOOSTER, like Premium time stored in 2 hour packages ready to be deployed, now that'd be pure awesome!

That's already a thing that you can do now. Go to the premium shop and you can buy yourself boosters that you can use whenever you feel like.

Zmago5000 #20 Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14730 battles

View PostPandabird, on 12 December 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

alright. let's start at 15c a day then. ...... sum is closer to 3,

Now you are talking rubbish, its 56,3 EUR for 360 consecutive  days! for 3 eur/day that would mean you only play  19 DAYS/year,..

And 1 day if you buy it separately costs you exactly 1,09 EUR!  Maybe you better stick to daily purchasing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users