Jump to content


DRATT! The Dessert Rats


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

mpf1959 #1 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31333 battles
  • 1,984
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

We are "dessert rats" not desert rats, hence our logo "we know which spoon to use!"

 

An exciting opportunity to join a clan which simply exists, if you want to be in a clan just to have a cool logo on your tank, and be entitled to the clan camo, this is the clan for you!

 

If on the other hand you want a dynamic and sociably active clan, you'll have to join another, or do it here, because I wont!

 

Clan Recruiting Requirements = If you can read this, then you qualify. So drop us a line! :B


Edited by mpf1959, 03 January 2020 - 01:39 PM.


mpf1959 #2 Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31333 battles
  • 1,984
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
Be quick, only 99 spaces left! :ohmy:

rustysprite #3 Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 23397 battles
  • 2,744
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

Wow.... you started your own clan Mac !  :ohmy:

 

Good luck mate... you are always welcome to pop home any time to visit us  ;)



mpf1959 #4 Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31333 battles
  • 1,984
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
thanks pal, its only a joke rusty. i just wanted the clan camo and a jerboa logo one me tank :teethhappy:

mpf1959 #5 Posted 13 December 2019 - 09:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31333 battles
  • 1,984
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
Wow, latest rat to grace the dessert table is a very appropriately named Tommy Atkins Teapot, welcome aboard mate, it's all downhill from here! :teethhappy:

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #6 Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:58 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24714 battles
  • 643
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

View Postmpf1959, on 13 December 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

Wow, latest rat to grace the dessert table is a very appropriately named Tommy Atkins Teapot, welcome aboard mate, it's all downhill from here! :teethhappy:

Dear Mac,

Downhill is the only way to travel;)

Regards

Tommy



mpf1959 #7 Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31333 battles
  • 1,984
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

View PostTommy_Atkins_Teapot, on 14 December 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

Dear Mac,

Downhill is the only way to travel;)

Regards

Tommy

 

So true Tommy, and it saves fuel! ;)



mpf1959 #8 Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:14 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31333 battles
  • 1,984
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
I cant believe it, someone else actually joined, welcome Jukhy! :B

rustysprite #9 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:27 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 23397 battles
  • 2,744
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012
We did wonder why Tommy had left us..... now it all makes sense :teethhappy:

TheComfyChair #10 Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9769 battles
  • 1,260
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017
Good luck  :honoring: . Currently my favourite dessert is apple and blackcurrant crumble. Slightly off topic but it's really hard to get hold of.

KinkyTail #11 Posted 16 December 2019 - 04:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1948 battles
  • 239
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2018

View Postrustysprite, on 16 December 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

We did wonder why Tommy had left us..... now it all makes sense :teethhappy:

 

So now we also know where Jones will end up ;)



Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #12 Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24714 battles
  • 643
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

Dear Jukhy,

Run for your life you mad fool, Mac is madder than a box of frogs:playing:

I only joined as i am his inter web net thing carer, duly appointed by the courts!

welcome to the Red Rats:honoring:

Regards

Tommy.



rustysprite #13 Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:50 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 23397 battles
  • 2,744
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

Its amazing that no matter how hard you try to leave the Dingers, there is always something clinging on....

 

RATFISH

 

The spotted ratfish (Hydrolagus colliei) is a chimaera found in the north-eastern Pacific Ocean. Often seen by divers at night in the Pacific Northwest, this cartilaginous fish gets its characteristic name from a pointed rat-like tail. The ratfish lays leathery egg cases on the bottom of muddy or sandy areas, which are often mistaken by divers as something inanimate. While mainly a deep-water species, it occurs at shallower depths in the northern part of its range. The generic name, Hydrolagus, comes from the Greek words ὕδωρ, meaning water,[2] and λαγώς/λαγῶς, meaning hare,[2] and the specific name honors Alexander Collie, who was a ship surgeon and early naturalist. The spotted ratfish is common in much of its range, not typically eaten by humans (the flesh is bland with an unpleasant aftertaste), and not commercially caught.[1][3]

 



mpf1959 #14 Posted 17 December 2019 - 04:20 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31333 battles
  • 1,984
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

View PostTommy_Atkins_Teapot, on 16 December 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

Dear Jukhy,

Run for your life you mad fool, Mac is madder than a box of frogs:playing:

I only joined as i am his inter web net thing carer, duly appointed by the courts!

welcome to the Red Rats:honoring:

Regards

Tommy.

 

 

15:22 Added after 1 minute

View Postrustysprite, on 17 December 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Its amazing that no matter how hard you try to leave the Dingers, there is always something clinging on....

 

RATFISH

 

The spotted ratfish (Hydrolagus colliei) is a chimaera found in the north-eastern Pacific Ocean. Often seen by divers at night in the Pacific Northwest, this cartilaginous fish gets its characteristic name from a pointed rat-like tail. The ratfish lays leathery egg cases on the bottom of muddy or sandy areas, which are often mistaken by divers as something inanimate. While mainly a deep-water species, it occurs at shallower depths in the northern part of its range. The generic name, Hydrolagus, comes from the Greek words ὕδωρ, meaning water,[2] and λαγώς/λαγῶς, meaning hare,[2] and the specific name honors Alexander Collie, who was a ship surgeon and early naturalist. The spotted ratfish is common in much of its range, not typically eaten by humans (the flesh is bland with an unpleasant aftertaste), and not commercially caught.[1][3]

 

 

Thats a nice fish Rusty, youre in! :B:teethhappy:



Jumping_Turtle #15 Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 71593 battles
  • 8,187
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013


Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #16 Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24714 battles
  • 643
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

View Postmpf1959, on 17 December 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

 

 

15:22 Added after 1 minute

 

Thats a nice fish Rusty, youre in! :B:teethhappy:

 

19:00 Added after 4 minute

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 17 December 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Dearest Jumping_Turtle

That is one seriously great banner for my esteemed leader, he will be chuffed to bits

Regards

Tommy.

 

P.S May i be so bold as to highlight a slight grammatical error:hiding:



Jumping_Turtle #17 Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:22 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 71593 battles
  • 8,187
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostTommy_Atkins_Teapot, on 17 December 2019 - 07:55 PM, said:

 

P.S May i be so bold as to highlight a slight grammatical error:hiding:

 

Error ?

Edit : nvm hahaha hmmm well I just picked that one from the Internet. WIll add another S to it :)

 

Edit II : you sure your commander didnt made a small error ?

The 7th Armoured Division was an armoured division of the British Army that saw distinguished active service during World War II, where its exploits in the Western Desert Campaign gained it the Desert Rats nickname.


Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 17 December 2019 - 08:27 PM.


Jukhy #18 Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11702 battles
  • 16
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    06-04-2012

View PostTommy_Atkins_Teapot, on 16 December 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Dear Jukhy,

Run for your life you mad fool, Mac is madder than a box of frogs:playing:

I only joined as i am his inter web net thing carer, duly appointed by the courts!

welcome to the Red Rats:honoring:

Regards

Tommy.

 

Sounds perfect! I like crazy, crazy and me are like.. well, at times too close for comfort tbh. But as they say, there's a fine line between genius and madness.

Whenever my sanity is in question, I like to bring up a personality test result I once got. It said: "You're perfectly normal, until someone actually gets to know you."

 

 

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 17 December 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Error ?

Edit : nvm hahaha hmmm well I just picked that one from the Internet. WIll add another S to it :)

 

I joined for the desserts! 

 

Ps. I also heard a rumour that there is no spoon! Is this true?


Edited by Jukhy, 17 December 2019 - 10:19 PM.


Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #19 Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24714 battles
  • 643
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2014

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 17 December 2019 - 07:22 PM, said:

 

Error ?

Edit : nvm hahaha hmmm well I just picked that one from the Internet. WIll add another S to it :)

 

Edit II : you sure your commander didnt made a small error ?

The 7th Armoured Division was an armoured division of the British Army that saw distinguished active service during World War II, where its exploits in the Western Desert Campaign gained it the Desert Rats nickname.

 

Dear Jumping_Turtle

Apparently our great leader was a cook in the 7th Armoured Division, and after serving spotted D1ck and custard to General Montgomery, he christened them the dessert rats, hence the clan motto

 "we know which spoon to use!";)

Regards

Tommy 


Edited by Tommy_Atkins_Teapot, 17 December 2019 - 11:33 PM.


Jumping_Turtle #20 Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:33 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 71593 battles
  • 8,187
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

new one

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users