crew directives and improved equipment are stupid

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PhatViking #1 Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11961 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS
I put a max crew, food, improved vents, improved optics and an optics directive on my batchat... and got 536m view range. It really does make a difference, I can quite often outspot light tanks. But the entire idea is so stupid that some players who max out their tanks will have huge advantages over those who don't.  The advantages you get from having a max crew + equipment is more than enough, the improved stuff and directives are just stupid IMO

Spurtung #2 Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Why is it stupid?

You use 5k bonds on the improved vents and 4k bonds on the improved optics, plus 8 bonds per battle for the directive (considering you've spent all the ones they hand out). Other players prefer to gather an extra 6k bonds and straight out get a tier 10 tank.

Options, that's all there is to it. You prefer going tryhard mode, if you think that's stupid...don't?

Balc0ra #3 Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPhatViking, on 11 December 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

I put a max crew, food, improved vents, improved optics and an optics directive on my batchat... and got 536m view range. It really does make a difference, I can quite often outspot light tanks. But the entire idea is so stupid that some players who max out their tanks will have huge advantages over those who don't.  The advantages you get from having a max crew + equipment is more than enough, the improved stuff and directives are just stupid IMO

They have a use. For those that don't have max crew and can afford all the equipment. As in a way to even the playfield more. My NA alt account uses the 6th sense one on crew's that lack it. Or camo to get lights to be more effective with a bad crew etc. No one said you can only use them when tricked out.

Robbie_T #4 Posted 11 December 2019 - 06:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21008 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostSpurtung, on 11 December 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

Why is it stupid?

You use 5k bonds on the improved vents and 4k bonds on the improved optics, plus 8 bonds per battle for the directive (considering you've spent all the ones they hand out). Other players prefer to gather an extra 6k bonds and straight out get a tier 10 tank.

Options, that's all there is to it. You prefer going tryhard mode, if you think that's stupid...don't?

i can think up things why its stupid.....

-because the maps are still 2011 totally not made for tanks that got those kind of viewrange ect.,

-people that grinding already have a disadvantage having a stock tank and crew than get some one who has a 5 skill crew,upgraded tank and special equipment.

Spurtung #5 Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostRobbie_T, on 11 December 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

-people that grinding already have a disadvantage having a stock tank and crew than get some one who has a 5 skill crew,upgraded tank and special equipment.

Yes, they do, and they'll most likely always will. That's what happens when you're late to the party.

But at least now, with directives and personal reserves, they do manage to catch up much faster than before, and that old player's crew training the 6th skill (~6722k xp) will take longer to finish it than a fresh crew will take to go from 0 to 5 skills (~6512k xp).

I wager having 6 or 5 skills is not a huge difference and, at that point, personal skill will matter more.

nakkipeppu #6 Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34052 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

Frontlines gave us bunch of those designated target directives, so I use them with the only crew I have DT with.

It's not all that effective in larger scale (just some extra camo or VR would probably be better), but the times when somebody just peeks back too early (because absolutely nobody waits four (4) extra seconds after they think they've dropped lights) and gets a face full of shells is hilarious.

Gruff_ #7 Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23796 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I agree it's stupid, improved equipment directives food , all of these further the gap between one player and another.

All things should be equal after you have elited your tank and got the standard equipment, with the only thing seperating players being individual player skill, not further enhancements and goodies.

Edited by Gruff_, 11 December 2019 - 07:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users