Advent Calendar 2019: Day 12

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

parim1331 #41 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7875 battles

For those that might be a bit skeptical about the tank and how it handles current light meta, I will try to bring some light(hehe) on it. It definitely serves somewhat of a different purpose than the wheeled vehicles. Light tanks have much wider variety of options to choose from when it comes to spotting, be it active or passive, you can always choose. With wheeled ones it's a bit different, you always have to rely on your speed in order to spot well. However, please take this with a grain of salt since I am not an experienced light tank player myself, although I had couple of battles on the EBR 75 FL.

In sum, if you're thinking about buying the tank, think more if it suits your style of playing the game. :)

ToodlePips #42 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65342 battles
  • [LKSB] LKSB

View Postparim1331, on 12 December 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

For those that might be a bit skeptical about the tank and how it handles current light meta, I will try to bring some light(hehe) on it. It definitely serves somewhat of a different purpose than the wheeled vehicles. Light tanks have much wider variety of options to choose from when it comes to spotting, be it active or passive, you can always choose. With wheeled ones it's a bit different, you always have to rely on your speed in order to spot well. However, please take this with a grain of salt since I am not an experienced light tank player myself, although I had couple of battles on the EBR 75 FL.

In sum, if you're thinking about buying the tank, think more if it suits your style of playing the game. :)

I don't really agree. Passive scouting is mostly a no-no in the Bulldog in my opinion as it has comparatively (i.e. when compared to other lights) poor camo, and besides, the whole passive scouting thing doesn't work too well these days because chances are you get yolospotted by one of the rabid wheelchairs. The Bulldog used to work well as a hunter against other lights due to the great HE (but again, that doesn't work too well against wheelies because the scumbags are quite difficult to hit) or as a light/medium hybrid that can cause havoc in the later parts of the game when enemies have bled HP and are bogged down in fights against teammates. I guess the latter at least still works reasonably well, but to be fair, I can't be too sure because I don't really play it all that much anymore. If I really want to play a Tier VIII premium light tank, I usually pick the LT-432, which is the best of the lot by a mile, being Russian and all.  

Maltratatoru #43 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41941 battles

View Postparim1331, on 12 December 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

i had a game in my t100lt  on prokhorovka, and i wanted to take the magic bush at e1, but the enemy ebr was already there, in the bush, and i instadied . but thanks for telling us that we have wider variety of options when it comes to spot with classical light  tanks

Forzo #44 Posted 12 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16124 battles
  • [KEMI] KEMI
I got it at the black market and must say I like it. It's not a very classic light since it's big with relatively low camo. But it is absolutely perfect for killing wheelies thanks to the high-pen HE :trollface:

MrEwing #45 Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 48746 battles
  • [EWING] EWING

View Postparim1331, on 12 December 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

The last sentence is the key, You have to ask yourself first that, do I like this kind of light tank?

in my opinion LT-432 can do everything that this tank can, That tank is just simply better in other factors (armour, spotting, camo, gun handling, profile, etc). The HE shells btw. is very nice, with this you cannot be as agressive as in the past, you more like a support tank who is trying to save it’s HP pool for the endgame.

iKnewIT #46 Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 82111 battles

View PostToodlePips, on 12 December 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

I don't really agree. Passive scouting is mostly a no-no in the Bulldog in my opinion as it has comparatively (i.e. when compared to other lights) poor camo, and besides, the whole passive scouting thing doesn't work too well these days because chances are you get yolospotted by one of the rabid wheelchairs. The Bulldog used to work well as a hunter against other lights due to the great HE (but again, that doesn't work too well against wheelies because the scumbags are quite difficult to hit) or as a light/medium hybrid that can cause havoc in the later parts of the game when enemies have bled HP and are bogged down in fights against teammates. I guess the latter at least still works reasonably well, but to be fair, I can't be too sure because I don't really play it all that much anymore. If I really want to play a Tier VIII premium light tank, I usually pick the LT-432, which is the best of the lot by a mile, being Russian and all.  

I mostly agree, but I prefer ELC EVEN 90 to LT-432.

You should go and read CIS forum a bit.

There You will find out that CIS players think that most of researchable RU tanks are UP and only some of them are adequate, but not too OP for sure. ;):P

(and I think that NA players think that American tanks are UP.)

So... what may we advice to developers in such situation?

Edited by iKnewIT, 12 December 2019 - 03:28 PM.

ToodlePips #47 Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65342 battles
  • [LKSB] LKSB

View PostForzo, on 12 December 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

I got it at the black market and must say I like it. It's not a very classic light since it's big with relatively low camo. But it is absolutely perfect for killing wheelies thanks to the high-pen HE :trollface:

Since you mentioned it I got something positive to say as well for a change: I originally bought the Black Dog when it came out and later on changed it to the regular version for free when that was released. However, still later on the Black Dog came out in the Black Market for credits, so I could get that as well without paying any further cash, and now I have them both. I felt that was a very generous move by Wargaming, and I still appreciate it lots - thanks, guys! To me, the Black Market was a rare highlight in what was otherwise a very poor year for World of Tanks.

15:00 Added after 8 minute

View PostiKnewIT, on 12 December 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

There You will find out that CIS players think that most of researchable RU tanks are UP and only some of them are adequate, but not too OP for sure. ;):P

(and I think that NA players think that American tanks are UP.)

So... what may we advice to developers in such situation?

Do they now? I think it is pretty ridiculous to say that Russian scouts are underpowered. Sure, not all of them are great, but the LT-432 and the T-100 LT are absolute beasts ... and I daresay Tier VIII and Tier X are the most important Tiers in the game because of game modes such as Frontline and Ranked Battles. Perhaps it is a CIS thing to to call a Russian tank underpowered if the average winrate is below 55% :sceptic:

SF_Tank #48 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18882 battles

View PostFizzoid, on 12 December 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

Yeah? Have to say I'm tempted to buy it for gold. Was hoping for the Progetto but that won't come as it's in the loot boxes, and I do fancy a half decent light to tackle the campaign missions in and it would be a great crew trainer for my Luchs/Leopard

Hi!

900 games on 4 years. At least one of us has a real life. :great:

SF

Fizzoid #49 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2290 battles
  • [SUPE] SUPE

View PostSF_Tank, on 12 December 2019 - 04:03 PM, said:

Hi!

900 games on 4 years. At least one of us has a real life. :great:

SF

900 Games since October, the WG account was created from when I used to play WoWp so perhaps it's nether of us ;)

O_o_HugO #50 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42219 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostMrEwing, on 12 December 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

The last sentence is the key, You have to ask yourself first that, do I like this kind of light tank?

in my opinion LT-432 can do everything that this tank can, That tank is just simply better in other factors (armour, spotting, camo, gun handling, profile, etc). The HE shells btw. is very nice, with this you cannot be as agressive as in the past, you more like a support tank who is trying to save it’s HP pool for the endgame.

*ITS

JR come on you should *now

15:45 Added after 2 minute
LT43210 has crew of 3 forks....not mirroring bigger crews in other LTs

kaneloon #51 Posted 12 December 2019 - 04:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31756 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

The main problem with its HE is that sometimes it works ... but not always ...

I tried to put HE as the 1rst ammo but I get too many bounces. I cannot do a HE battle with and EBR : he will have a better success (pen & low HE traveling speed).

Plus 2 AP do more damage than half HE penetrating.

Its nice gold ammo may be your default choice, but I can't do that.

15:47 Added after 0 minute

View PostO_o_HugO, on 12 December 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

*ITS

JR come on you should *now

15:45 Added after 2 minute
LT43210 has crew of 3 forks....not mirroring bigger crews in other LTs

Same crew as t-100 lt.

Maroko_1337 #52 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5797 battles
Still no leak about the full calendar ? :amazed: