Could you explain crew skins please?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

hoveruss #1 Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20952 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

I seem to keep getting the same two or three crew skins as rewards.

As a result (for instance) Vasily Chapaev is in My T54lwt and shows up as below when I go to the crew skins tab on a crewmans personal file.

Used : 1

In storage 2(3)

I don;t have multiple Vasily's to put into other tanks, so what's the deal then? Whats the 'in storage' bit all about?

Thanks Russ

1ucky #2 Posted 13 December 2019 - 01:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89433 battles

Erm, if it says you have 2 more skins in storage, that means you have 2 more in storage... 

Imagine it's face masks that you have lying around in your depot. They are not real people, just masks.

But when your crew put on the masks they get temporarily renamed while they're wearing them (you can also take them off again, btw).

You know, like crew skins. :)

Oh and the number in parentheses is probably the max number of such and such crew skins that you may store in the depot. Haven't tested that out yet, maybe someone else who has can tell us if that's true or not.

Spurtung #3 Posted 13 December 2019 - 02:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76145 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View Post1ucky, on 13 December 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

Oh and the number in parentheses is probably the max number of such and such crew skins that you may store in the depot. Haven't tested that out yet, maybe someone else who has can tell us if that's true or not.

Yup, the format is <available number of skins> ( <maximum storage of this skin> )

and you get 10k credits per each unused one past the storage limit.

Edited by Spurtung, 13 December 2019 - 02:56 AM.

Randomar #4 Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29833 battles
When you hover with the mouse over a crew skin, a popup-window with details is shown.
For example: Restrictions: Commander, Male, U.S.S.R.

There are global skins, others are branded for -nations, -role and -gender:

I guess the global skins are the comic figures.

The nations doesn't need explanations,

...the roles are a bit tricky because you have to highlight the right nation, together with the right role (Usually commander).

...the same with female skins, you choose their nation, some are commander-only and it works only on another female crew member.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users