A Fresh Preview of 2020: Moscow Event News

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

Badz360 #21 Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21460 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

Can't believe you go ahead with the ammo reworks despite the overwhelming negativity of the playing community towards it.

What was the point of testing if you ignore the majority of the feedback?

Hordavasi #22 Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6070 battles
  • [H0LL0] H0LL0

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 13 December 2019 - 07:43 PM, said:

Hungarians dont have any tanks, sorry.

Sure. 40M Turán, 41M Turán, 43M Turán, 38M Toldi I, 42M Toldi II, 43M Lehel, 44M Tas, L3, L3/35, Staussler 3, Staussler 4...

They are just 200% more real than chinese TDs, polish heavies, tons of never existed soviet "blueprints" etc. 

Zmago5000 #23 Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14782 battles
yeah lets screw the crews because they are just fine as they are with players :izmena:

ChristOfTheAbyss #24 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostHordavasi, on 13 December 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

Sure. 40M Turán, 41M Turán, 43M Turán, 38M Toldi I, 42M Toldi II, 43M Lehel, 44M Tas, L3, L3/35, Staussler 3, Staussler 4...

They are just 200% more real than chinese TDs, polish heavies, tons of never existed soviet "blueprints" etc. 

Which one of those is the t10?

TheNightFox #25 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10531 battles
  • [REV0L] REV0L
Nothing about the 0 skill crews. It would be interesting to know whether we get some compensation for those, a lot of people did their best (invested a lot) to have as many 0 skill crews as possible.

Ch1valry #26 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41200 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ
Italian heavies? Like the "Il Duce" from HOI4?

falcon_96 #27 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26311 battles
Heavy pizza? Huh? Why not sneaky pizza? Doesn't matter, more pizza is always good thing(except if it is Hawaiian).

BR33K1_PAWAH #28 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles
SOON™ :trollface:
19:10 Added after 1 minute

View PostZmago5000, on 13 December 2019 - 09:57 PM, said:

yeah lets screw the crews because they are just fine as they are with players :izmena:

Sry, but you don't know what you're talking about.  

19:11 Added after 2 minute

View PostBadz360, on 13 December 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

Can't believe you go ahead with the ammo reworks despite the overwhelming negativity of the playing community towards it.

Data. They need numbers, not playerbase outcries.

Hordavasi #29 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6070 battles
  • [H0LL0] H0LL0

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 13 December 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

These vehiclew could go to tier I-VI. In the late '40s, and '50s tons of soviet vehicles were modded in Hungary. They can fill tier VII-X. Still more realistic, than completely fictional tech lines. 

Edited by Hordavasi, 13 December 2019 - 08:19 PM.

Veselorjan #30 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23063 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

I HOPE WG-staff will bother reading this, (and leave a comment to my points please) as i am procastinating instead of doing other important stuff  :)

~~A novel, by Veselorjan ~~

Crew 2.0 seems interesting; since the changes will affect everyone, it's not too mutch that can go wrong in my opinion on this area, although it is unfair for new players to have to compete with more experienced players who also have better crews, but setting all crews equal whould be a big hit for many people, so i'm exited to see the new crew system. I hope it is implemented in a way that makes it easy and organized with few chances for errors when retraining the crews to the "crew 2.0".

Equipemt rework is also a great idea, since as it is stated in the article, a lot of them are not really useful. Again, as with crews, having improved equipment is detremental to the game, since it's those who have played the most, or those who play better who in general have improved equipment. Will these things dissapear? OFC not, but for balancing, giving a bad player the chance to play against a good/great player  in an equally strong tank really should be considered by WG, but alas, it wont happen, since those who have the advantage wont give it gack without complaining.

New balance; 

More hp for lower tiers? Great

Reworking shells? Lowering dmg for gold ammo is bad in my opinion, since it will buff all tanks without "weakspots", best example 279e, since you must shoot gold unless you have exeptional standard penetration. (This is known by WG ofc)

The fact that you will need to shoot more premium to kill those tanks you can't pen withould gold will lead to more gold beeing fired in general, meaning more credit issues for those not paying for premiumaccount. (this will lead to more sold premium-tanks and days, and WG knows this as well).

Changes to HE shells? The last implementation i saw for normal tanks was interesting and good in my opinion.

For arties? (Everyone knows arty is bad for the game, but it wont be removed, since a lot of clickers whould complain) (please don't listen to them and remove arty anyways, or at least balance them so that they deal dmg compared to how big risk they are putting themselves in, arty that you cant shoot shouldn't be able to deal dmg to you either)

Redefine in game statistics, great i guess

Redefine personal missions; also great, but i still think removing all arty missions or adding alternatives other than skipping them whould be good. Here's an example how to do that; "Either of 200 seconds of stun in arty, or track an enemy wehicle for 20 secounds in a tank (not spg)" or something around those lines

Revise vehicle research brances; great for new players not having to learn the dangers of all those new tanks, will be an improvement for those (unfortunate enough) who start playing tanks..

Steel hunter? I loved steel hunter, was great,  10/10 best alternative game mode there have ever been in WoT, but cheaters (platooning) in single player steel hunters by joining at the same time was tragic. The reporting of this was also useless as far as i could tell.Solution could be have a system where the game checks if you have played previous games with the players who are in the same single player games of steel hunter. I know this is difficult, but i belive some guenious at WG will be capable to figure something out with some time and a cup of tea or other beverage.

Frontline became a grind-fest, and thus i really disliked frontline this year, also i believe the profitability of the game mode was fiddled with (tinfoil hat intensifies). The new map was dope though, hat's off to the map creator(s) ^^

Stream wars; Skill4ltu my boys ;)

PvE, looking forward to it, haven't gotten to play too mutch against actual bots personally 

battle pass; cool?

New vehicles, great for those who have too mutch time grinding tanks :o

New map.. NeW MAP? who, what's that. GREAT NEWS! I hope WG will continue to implement new maps, a lot of them. If they are bad, remove them, easy as that, (but ofc costs money to make, so understandably that they arent a frequent sight, but with christmas-crates going like hot cake i guess WG can afford sutch) 

And again

I HOPE WG-staff will bother reading this, (and leave a comment to my points please) as i am procastinating instead of doing other important stuff  :)

Cheers

Puszka_Drynia #31 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18270 battles
Crew 2.0? If I lose all those girls and zero BIA skill crews I trained for years then you can shove your game. Redesign skills, OK. But if out of 4 girls in a tank only one commander is left then it's utter rubbish.

Edited by Puszka_Drynia, 13 December 2019 - 08:25 PM.

Sael_ #32 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1620 battles
  • [S4LVA] S4LVA

View PostDarius_B1bis, on 13 December 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

When I have read the news on Italian forum, I thought it was a joke.

Now I find the same news on English one.

Italian Heavy Tanks?

What?

I don't know a single heavy tank, except for hilarious Fiat 2000, assembled or even just imagined in the historical period considered by Wot.

Many players are asking Italian TDs, because Italian military history is full of these vehicles, which took an important role into WWII, and WG ignores them to develop another fake tech tree.

The day when I delete WG account is coming...

Hey, they may not be TDs but they are more Italian tanks, which is absolutely great (<totally not a biased take on the subject). Wait and see before you judge them! And besides, just because we plan to release Heavies now, it doesn't mean that the TDs will never come. :)

View PostZmago5000, on 13 December 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

View PostTheNightFox, on 13 December 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

Nothing about the 0 skill crews. It would be interesting to know whether we get some compensation for those, a lot of people did their best (invested a lot) to have as many 0 skill crews as possible.

We will try to improve the crew system which is a bit outdated in the mechanics by now - come on, you can't deny that. I'm not an old player and frankly I find that the interface related to it could use some more love and qol improvements. All changes will be introduced bit by bit, so we will find a solution for everything and more info will come in the future.

View Postfalcon_96, on 13 December 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

Heavy pizza? Huh? Why not sneaky pizza? Doesn't matter, more pizza is always good thing(except if it is Hawaiian).

I name you honorary Italian citizen on the Forums for this statement.

View PostBadz360, on 13 December 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 13 December 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

Data. They need numbers, not playerbase outcries.

^This is very important. Please always make sure to take part in the Sandbox tests to send us your feedback on the changes!

ChristOfTheAbyss #33 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostHordavasi, on 13 December 2019 - 08:19 PM, said:

These vehiclew could go to tier I-VI. In the late '40s, and '50s tons of soviet vehicles were modded in Hungary. They can fill tier VII-X. Still more realistic, than completely fictional tech lines. 

No need for copies, especially russian copies.

jetfirecro #34 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29306 battles
Yugoslavian tech tree please

ChristOfTheAbyss #35 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostSael_, on 13 December 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

I name you honorary Italian citizen on the Forums for this statement.

Pineapple belongs to pizza!

TheArk_2014 #36 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 68612 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

Changes at the Crew Skills/Perks ... at last.

:B

ChristOfTheAbyss #37 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

View Postjetfirecro, on 13 December 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

Yugoslavian tech tree please

Same problem as hungarians. Don't have tanks.

Denton_0451 #38 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26729 battles

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 13 December 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

The Straussler MBT

Block Quote

We’ll decrease the number of low-tier tanks in the tech trees, so you can more conveniently switch between different development branches, for example, between medium and heavy tanks. These low-tier tanks will remain in the game, they simply can no longer be researched.

What's the point of this change if the tanks still remain in the game? Let me decide which way I want to research my tanks. You are working on improving the low tier gameplay with the HP changes and at the same time you remove a bunch of these vehicles.

Darius_B1bis #39 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49927 battles
  • [SALE] SALE

View PostSael_, on 13 December 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

Hey, they may not be TDs but they are more Italian tanks, which is absolutely great (<totally not a biased take on the subject). Wait and see before you judge them! And besides, just because we plan to release Heavies now, it doesn't mean that the TDs will never come. :)

Sael, thank you for the answer. But Italian heavy tanks are a fake. I ignore how WG staff can find any document about them. And I'm surprised because players have never asked for them, while I and others asked for TDs.

KanonenVogel19 #40 Posted 13 December 2019 - 08:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

The changes mentioned sounds nice.

I really look forward to the crew rework. I do think it's a little bit sad to miss out on the other crew members, but at the same time I don't think it's a big deal if you implement the new system with only commanders well.

Same for the equipment rework. Always picking the same equipment because everything else sucks it quite boring. Please just try to keep both the crew rework and the equipment rework somewhat realistic, i.e. no excessive magical abilities and other illogical stuff.

I'm a bit against the community contributor crew voices as I think that it further reduces the tiny bit of historical/realistic immersion that we have left in this game. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching both Skill4ltu and Mailand, but I wouldn't like to have their voices as crew voices.

Also a bit against new vehicles. To be honest, we already have more than enough vehicles already, you would be better off spending a year balancing all of the current vehicles before adding anything new. Not to mention, you really could remove some vehicles aswell, such as the clown cars that just makes the game look silly.

Battlepass also looks really interesting. Although let's see what "great rewards" actually mean. If it's reserves and directives I won't even bother with it, if it's some gold, I will definitely be interested.

Anyhow let's see how it turns out. Unfortunately during the years I have learned that when you WG make these kind of posts, you always make it look amazing, but when the stuff is actually arriving, it's not even half of what you advertised it to be.

Also:

A Fresh Preview of 2020: Moscow Event News

Your feedback is vital to ensuring that our game evolves in the right direction. Let’s shape the future together!

I keep telling you. You NEED to make all shells and consumables to cost the same, or even to make them free, in order to drive away the pay-2-win aspect of having more credits resulting in a better battle loadout. But you refuse to listen, I have told you this for 2 years now, but still nothing has changed.

Edited by KanonenVogel19, 13 December 2019 - 09:10 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users