A Fresh Preview of 2020: Moscow Event News

• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

Homer_J #281 Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:32 PM

Field Marshal

• 33170 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVeselorjan, on 28 December 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Will crew 2.0 be out before 25. Of january, during the «new crew bootcamp» or later?

Considering we have been told there will be a Sandbox and then presumably a Common Test before it is out then it is safe to say no.

HansiVonHinten #282 Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48629 battles

Just stop overcomplicating things, the rebalance of shells is so freaking easy. You have been told over and over, just lower the damage of gold "special" amo with 20-25% and let everything else stay. 

Why do you guys always make simple changes so complicated?

With the changes you are so much ruining the derp-fun and SPG will be even more useless, at least just remove SPG from the game and give us full compensation for the SPG (Free XP that was grinded through SPG lines, full reset of crew for other tanks and full credit compensation). 

For me it seems you are turning WoT into Wipeout:

HansiVonHinten #283 Posted 30 December 2019 - 01:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48629 battles

And one more thing: Nerf those lame OP wheelies, they are so much ruining the game. but then again, it is the way the game is going WipeOut WoT

Pansenmann #284 Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36798 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 28 December 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

So we get to keep our commanders, rest are removed and we can redistribute all the skills from the removed crewman/ladies again on the commanders ... ?

If that is really the system that is proposed I will be highly disappointed if all but commanders are removed

the WoWs skill system is so-so  but understandable since there are a lot more people on a boat than on a tank.

the current skill system in WoT is very good, albeit some skills need rework/replacements

but I cannot think of a better or more intuitive way than the current one where every crew member has their own set of skills to train...

I hope I made my point clear

parim1331 #285 Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:25 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7770 battles

View PosttomatoRNGmaster, on 27 December 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

And I suppose we're all getting the gold we've spent on crews refunded too, right?

That has not yet been settled. My guess is that the current progress will be moved to new crews/commander, giving you the equivalent amount of experience in return.

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 28 December 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

When will you fix the soapstone rocks? Just had another ice skating disaster and I've had enough of this **.

Fix basic game mechanics ASAP. Much more important than double barreled stuff for example....

Well, we all know tanks aren't as light and agile as Mountain Goats, in fact they're extremely heavy and unbalanced, especially the ones from WW2/Cold War era, thus when you place a tank, on a terrain with no traction, e.g the rocks, it will slide. 

Reference

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 28 December 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

So we get to keep our commanders, rest are removed and we can redistribute all the skills from the removed crewman/ladies again on the commanders ... ?

That would

A: suck because in tanks it is only a few crewmembers so why not keep it like this.

B: Have hardly anyone been asking for a crew change like this. All I have seen is a few reworked to the usefull level and perhaps a few more. This wowp, wows and aw system just plain sucks. You can only do that when you start with the game. Not after 10 years where people have spend enourmous amounts of time and also money in those crews.

C : would take me weeks to put all the skills back on the commanders. I have over 800 crew in my barracks and on the tanks. Thats more than 3000 skills I need to reasemble ?

D: what about the special tanks like the Sabaton, Rudy and Offspring ?

I cannot say for sure, as nothing is really set in stone as of yet. All of the points above will be answered as time goes by, in adequate articles on the portal. 

Edited by parim1331, 30 December 2019 - 05:25 PM.

HansiVonHinten #286 Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48629 battles

View Postparim1331, on 30 December 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

That has not yet been settled. My guess is that the current progress will be moved to new crews/commander, giving you the equivalent amount of experience in return.

Well, we all know tanks aren't as light and agile as Mountain Goats, in fact they're extremely heavy and unbalanced, especially the ones from WW2/Cold War era, thus when you place a tank, on a terrain with no traction, e.g the rocks, it will slide. 

Reference

I cannot say for sure, as nothing is really set in stone as of yet. All of the points above will be answered as time goes by, in adequate articles on the portal. 

Oh, so that's why those pesky wheelies can run around, jump through the air making somersaults in every direction, land upside sown and just flip back on the wheels. Very very realistic.

Jumping_Turtle #287 Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 71653 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostPansenmann, on 30 December 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

If that is really the system that is proposed I will be highly disappointed if all but commanders are removed

So far we have heard : 'not all crew will be removed and we will not lose any progress'

Since Wargaming has such a system on the planes and ships it seems to me they are thinking about a simular system for the tanks.

So we only get to keep our commanders, rest removed and we get to spend all our skills from those removed again on the commanders would be my guess.

undutchable80 #288 Posted 30 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13162 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 30 December 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

So far we have heard : 'not all crew will be removed and we will not lose any progress'

Since Wargaming has such a system on the planes and ships it seems to me they are thinking about a simular system for the tanks.

So we only get to keep our commanders, rest removed and we get to spend all our skills from those removed again on the commanders would be my guess.

Which is fine for the xp, but what about the crews we bought with gold and even better; the BiA crews we bought using real money? I am curious how WG will address this...

Jumping_Turtle #289 Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 71653 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Postundutchable80, on 30 December 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

Which is fine for the xp, but what about the crews we bought with gold and even better; the BiA crews we bought using real money? I am curious how WG will address this...

We can only hope that this time they will think it through and not rush it like they have done a lot lately.

Nickelchen #290 Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34053 battles

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 30 December 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

Oh, so that's why those pesky wheelies can run around, jump through the air making somersaults in every direction, land upside sown and just flip back on the wheels. Very very realistic.

There's been a QnA not too long ago (link) where the devs stated that the weird vehicle behavior on "obstacles" is due to problems with the Havoc physics; aka it's buggy and not intended. Therefore, parim trying to paint it as realistic is clearly nothing but him talking out of his a$$. Not even trying to be mean here, he is in the unfortunate situation of having a massive red bar on the side for being a WG employee while at the same time having no clue whatsoever since he is no dev himself.

But yeah, it's weird what they sometimes have to say here. In another thread a couple of days ago Sael claimed that half of the player base has been requesting a crew system rework. I don't know, maybe she was talking about a different game.

parim1331 #291 Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:28 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7770 battles

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 30 December 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

After the update 1.7, the physics simulation was slightly adjusted, thus flying around is a bit harder than in 1.6. :)

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 30 December 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

I wouldn't make any guesses as of right now. After all, completely different people worked on all of these games. :)

piratha #292 Posted 31 December 2019 - 01:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13073 battles
  • [2-KP] 2-KP

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 30 December 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

And one more thing: Nerf those lame OP wheelies, they are so much ruining the game. but then again, it is the way the game is going WipeOut WoT

#WipeOutWoT

Ohh that game, it was so flashy and gave me so many headaches and disorientation.. :hiding: but it was also quite unique! (StruntGP was also nice, but slower).

Homer_J #293 Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:21 PM

Field Marshal

• 33170 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 30 December 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

Planes still has multiple crews doesn't it?

I really wish WG wouldn't put out these vague announcements which we might not see the detail of for months.  IMO it would be much better if they said nothing until there were some details to share.

jack_timber #294 Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42244 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

As with most of the 'snippets' thrown out by WG rumour and speculation is rife by some forumites.

Shall we all just wait and see or keep the uniformed rumour mill going?

Pitchforks will be available shortly in premium shop.....

murn123 #295 Posted 31 December 2019 - 03:56 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11873 battles

After reading more and more of this thread i am seriously contemplating to stop playing. You guys really are serious about the HE "rebalance" are you. And you really are so stubborn to not take any sort of feedback. The whole point about nerfing dmg for premium shells was to create different ammo type, so there would be a reason to switch between shells, so that some shells have concrete advantages. With nerfing dmg of HE shells and removing penetration... Well you are removing ammo type diversity. You say this is to protect lightly armored tanks - that is such a misunderstanding of your game i cannot believe it even gets out. Lightly armored tanks should be the ones to be carreful not to expose their tanks - they are glass cannons or fast tanks afterall -certain advnatages in firepower performance or mobility  should come with disadvatages in armor. Now there will be no shells to counter glass cannons which means that if you are a tank with 10mm of armor or a tank with 150mm of armor it does not matter since every AP can pen that and HE shells cant pen armor anyway. This also removes other posibilities for example using HE shells to penetrate the rear armor of conquerer. You should understand that with premium dmg nerf you are buffing tanks with armor that is good enough against standard shells, and with this you are buffing any tanks with armor that could be penetrated by HE shells. Basically if your effective armor in T10 game is not in the 250mm range, your tanks is usless since it could be less armored and faster. There is no point to medium armored tanks anymore. You have to be either impenetratable or being able to bounce standard shells or be as unarmored and fast as possible. What about being armored just enough that no HE shells can't do you any harm by penetration. By changeing premium shells dmg you will already have your hands full with rebalancing certain tanks, which will benefit from this and you want to do the HE "rebalance" too, in the same patch ..... you guys dont know how much this will change your game. I sincerelly hope you at least split this in 2 different patches, Please dont be so stubborn to make all these different changes at once. People will really hate it just for the sake of it beng different and you will have a harder time quantifying which tanks are outperforming for what reason.

You say you are buffing HE dmg of small caliber guns due to them not being usefull due to the way you calculate dmg of HE splash - low dmg HE shells have a hard time doing any dmg whatsoever. Well introduce minimum dmg rolls - something like HE always do at least 10% of their average dmg. This is an easy fix, why complicate the issue so much.

All this HE "rebalance" will do is make HE shells less viable to bring to batlle, which means this is not a reballance, this is a NERF.

Edited by murn123, 31 December 2019 - 06:52 PM.

Gremlin182 #296 Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 60381 battles

The HE changes as they stand are pretty depressing and if they go ahead with zero pen for HE and the massive reduction in damage that goes with it no one will be happy.

All shells have some penetration its unreasonable to say that a shell like a 150 mm can hit 1mm of armour and not go right through it.

You can argue that the explosive effect once the shell detonates has very low perhaps zero pen.

The change seems to just remove any point in playing the dedicated derp tanks.

It would be reasonable to change HE in this way,  I fire my HE shell which currently has say 70mm pen if it hits and pens then you get full HE damage.

If it fails to pen then the blast damage is considered to have zero pen and damage is much reduced in according with your test.

That would mean derp tanks could still function provided they still manage to pen with a well placed shot rather than just being nullified with a change that seems to have the bizarre aim of making HE more attractive for smaller guns that do not use it now and probably will still not use it after the change.

If you do go ahead with this change how will it affect the KV2R are we to assume the KV2 standard tank will have zero pen HE rounds while the premium version still has 86mm pen.

How about all the wheeled tanks that have 90mm pen HE rounds do they go down to zero pen or will you fudge it and declare them some kind of HESH round.

Edited by Gremlin182, 31 December 2019 - 04:31 PM.

Bracciano_gatto #297 Posted 31 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3190 battles

WG people:

while we might give you a bit of hell at times in here, your help and answers are always appreciated !

Just taking a moment to say Thank You, and wishing everyone, staff, players, passers by a Happy New Year !

Cheers !

KODyN #298 Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12227 battles
You don't like the changes made by wg or the direction where this game is going? Make an statement and don't buy or use any real money on it. If you still are buying from them then you are all right with it and stop whining please.

AlexTheRieur #299 Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles

Let's play some F2P guys. You will maybe understand how hard it is when you are lonely against platoons of veterans in the lower tiers.

Open your mind and Happy New Year!

2020: I wonder how long this thread will survive...

Misirac #300 Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 55237 battles
  • [KBT] KBT

The problem WG is the same as any big companies that have money, especially in the east of Europe. When something is successful and bigger and bigger, everyone is trying to get their son and his princess to work at that company.

I believe that 90% of such workers do not play WoT, I believe they do not even have an account.This team came to us and made it more important for tanks to look bizarre and miserable with these camouflages than to change the essential elements in the game.At the end of the year they pick up bonuses and their concern for the game and the company. When the company cracks, Dad and Mom will find them a new job.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users