• Please log in to reply
316 replies to this topic

Sir_Armand #301 Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21536 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

Haven't read the thread yet, just a few reactions to the announcement:

Crew 2.0 - Very unclear what is actually going to happen - I suspect a poor translation. Can WG not afford to to pay a translator fluent in both Russian and English?

Equipment - Sounds interesting, but no actual information in any way shape or form - Clickbait.

New Balance - Most players seemed to like increased lowtier HP - Most players seemed to hate the new HE - still no word if the ammo types will be equivalent in effectiveness and price, or if it will continue to be pay more for better stuff - AKA Pay-to win
sandbox - good call, obviously the old stats will be obsolete - But you SHOULD also use the base stats, not adjusted by boosters, prem accounts etc. Possibly even toss in an adjusted score that includes % of crew, skills, food, etc.

Personal missions - Obviously must be change in order to be achievable.

New economy - Still - no info if WG will finally make the ammo types equivalent i potency and price - Which is what WE WANT! there were a LOT of great suggestions given to WG after the ammo Sandbox test - unfortunately - at least on the EU forum WG Did not in any way shape or form respond to that feedback - probably never even read it.

Revised vehicle branches - Good in theory allowing players to be more flexible in the reasearch is a good concept. However, removing vehicles from the research trees, while keeping them in the game makes no sense. the game is richer with more REAL (not doublebarrelled warhammer comics abominations) tanks. So pleasekeep them reasearchable for everyone, just make them less required for later vehicles.

FL+SH - FL will never be good until you start rewarding teams for winning rather than stalling. It's just the way it is. SH - no opinion, not interested.

Stream Wars - More crew is always fun, and I'm sure it will be great for the streamer popularity, but there are names that I REALLY wonder why they're not on that list. SirFoch, Circonflex, Quickybaby are three that springs to mind.

PvE event - excellent! We should have PvE options on EVERY map!

Battle Pass - More bonuses? Ok, nice, I guess - But hey - isn't it time to make equipment demountable for credits, rather than making more equipment that is only demountable with gold? Are you not worried over the increasing critique of WoT as a pay-to-wing and not free to play game?

New vehicles - After the cars and the doublebarrels, i assume that nect step will be hover tanks and helicopters? WG, you need to take a step back and ask yourselves if your playerbase wants to play warhammer or tanks.

Pearl river - Good, more maps is better, more diversity. You should add more maps, and increase the number of blocked maps, that way - more players will have more fun.

Also: WG! There is no reason for your policy to require vehicles in evey tier from 1 to 10 in order to make a tree. It is perfectly fine if there is a gap in research trees - especially if you can get there via a vehicle that is technicalle of another class. 

Gold for garage and bunks and equipment removal - WHY? Are you sure that you want to stop players from hiring more crew, bying more tanks and buying equipment? It makes no sense to me.

WE, The players, want lots of tanks balanced to each other, that has different roles and playstyles.
AND are all FUN TO PLAY noone like to have to suffer through a grind of one or more tanks just to get to one that is fun. I' talking fun and novel here, not straight up better. Swedish tanks are a great example of tanks that are not OP, but very novel in style - we LIKE that!

Maps - Why is there a requirement of being more than 1 player to start a training sessionon a map? why can't i just go to a map and drive around on it by myself if i feel that I need to familiarise myself with it? Or just opt in bots?

Finally - While on the subject of maps, when will you make the standard maps bigger and remove maximum render distance? We need more interesting - noncorridor maps and the light tanks needs relevance again, after being made obsolete by the wheeled combat cars.

Sir_Armand #302 Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21536 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 13 December 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

I keep telling you. You NEED to make all shells and consumables to cost the same, or even to make them free, in order to drive away the pay-2-win aspect of having more credits resulting in a better battle loadout. But you refuse to listen, I have told you this for 2 years now, but still nothing has changed.

WORD!

Sir_Armand #303 Posted 01 January 2020 - 05:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21536 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View Postparim1331, on 17 December 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

We certainly gather your feedback. The points is that we also gather it from other sources, and as you mentioned in your post, other regions.

Current ammunition balance has been deemed to be problematic by many, thus our efforts to rework it. 

Translation: We only care about Russian feedback.

16:43 Added after 6 minute

View PostFalathi, on 18 December 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

After some time, players would start complain about wheeled vehicles. 

We have been complaining about the silly clown cars since day 1. WG just doesn't care.

parim1331 #304 Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:01 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7770 battles

Not to create a huge post I decided not to quote HE-related posts.

To give you a better insight on the topic. The changes that you might've seen during our Sandbox testing phase were labeled "proposed changes" for a reason. Back then, we have tested couple of extreme scenarios in order to gather a lot of data, that further enabled us to think of a direction that we would like to take with it. Thus, as with everything that we test, it's reasonable to wait until the concept is presented on our portal as more or less finalized. I would also like to thank all the people that took the time to post constructive comments and feedback in the thread, we appreciate it.

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 31 December 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

WG people:

while we might give you a bit of hell at times in here, your help and answers are always appreciated !

Just taking a moment to say Thank You, and wishing everyone, staff, players, passers by a Happy New Year !

Cheers !

We're more than happy to engage in constructive conversations. :)

View PostSir_Armand, on 01 January 2020 - 05:36 PM, said:

Translation: We only care about Russian feedback.

16:43 Added after 6 minute

We have been complaining about the silly clown cars since day 1. WG just doesn't care.

We gather our data, opinions and feedback about the game, and new features, from multitude of sources, and of course forums being one of them. In large scale of things, wheeled vehicles proved to work as intended by the developers, by adding another layer of variety to the game. Some disliked it, that's true, because it was a big change, but also a lot of people liked it.

Smegger213 #305 Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15053 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

View Postparim1331, on 03 January 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

We gather our data, opinions and feedback about the game, and new features, from multitude of sources, and of course forums being one of them. In large scale of things, wheeled vehicles proved to work as intended by the developers, by adding another layer of variety to the game. Some disliked it, that's true, because it was a big change, but also a lot of people liked it.

I would say that if you read the EU forums at least, 80% of players hated the introduction of wheeled vehicles.

But Wargaming doesn't listen.

Same with the British Lights, everybody said they were garbage.

But Wargaming doesn't listen.

Same with proposed HE changes, everybody says they hate it.

But Wargaming will not listen and bring the changes in anyway.

Players want gold special shell spam sorted, matchmaker sorted, OP tanks sorted, Weak tanks buffed.

But Wargaming do not listen.

BrinklyWollox #306 Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28390 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Stream Wars with a voiceover commander?! :ohmy:

Until I read that I didn't know how much I wanted a commander who shouts, "reeskit for de beeskit!" as I push forward! :izmena:

Nebuched #307 Posted 11 January 2020 - 12:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14400 battles
Crew 2.0 erodes the historical basis even more...why remove all crew members except commander ? How will you compensate players who spend a in-game year training those crews ? Why dumb down the game so much ?

parim1331 #308 Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:53 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7770 battles

View PostNebuched, on 11 January 2020 - 12:36 PM, said:

Crew 2.0 erodes the historical basis even more...why remove all crew members except commander ? How will you compensate players who spend a in-game year training those crews ? Why dumb down the game so much ?

As mentioned above, as soon as we will have information about this topic, you will be able to read about it on the portal. :)

Sir_Armand #309 Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21536 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View Postparim1331, on 03 January 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

During the ammo rebalancing sandbox, NOT A SINGLE WG EMPLOYEE made a single post or reply in the sandbox forum. 
Not. a. single. post.

So I'm sorry, I know your salary comes from WG and that your job is to make us think WG policy is great, rather than actually listen to us, but man, now you're moving into "alternate facts" universe, and that is just a bit too much.

Edited by Sir_Armand, 13 January 2020 - 08:50 PM.

iKnewIT #310 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 81091 battles

View PostSir_Armand, on 13 January 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Not. a. single. post.

That's what parim1331 is telling about. ;)

They are gathering information and, in some cases, they do not want to influence our opinion at all while doing it, I think.

parim1331 #311 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:49 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7770 battles

View PostSir_Armand, on 13 January 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

During the ammo rebalancing sandbox, NOT A SINGLE WG EMPLOYEE made a single post or reply in the sandbox forum. 
Not. a. single. post.

So I'm sorry, I know your salary comes from WG and that your job is to make us think WG policy is great, rather than actually listen to us, but man, now you're moving into "alternate facts" universe, and that is just a bit too much.

View PostiKnewIT, on 14 January 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

That's what parim1331 is telling about. ;)

They are gathering information and, in some cases, they do not want to influence our opinion at all while doing it, I think.

Rest assured that the feedback from sandbox forum was gathered, and not only from there.

Interesting theory has been presented by iKnewIT. :bush:

iKnewIT #312 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 81091 battles

View Postparim1331, on 14 January 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

Rest assured that the feedback from sandbox forum was gathered, and not only from there.

Some clever people say that when the God gave two ears and one mouth to a man he had got some reasons for that. ;)

Edited by iKnewIT, 14 January 2020 - 01:01 PM.

DangerMouse #313 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30485 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View PostiKnewIT, on 14 January 2020 - 11:57 AM, said:

Some clever people say that when the God gave two ears and one mouth to a man he had got some reasons for that. ;)

Yes, so you could hear a WG money grab coming from both the left and the right :)

Sir_Armand #314 Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21536 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View Postparim1331, on 14 January 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

Oh, of course, that must be why the WG staff was VERY active on the RUSSIAN sandbox forum?

it explains everything...Yep, all is explained... :sceptic:

parim1331 #315 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:01 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7770 battles

View PostSir_Armand, on 14 January 2020 - 04:05 PM, said:

Oh, of course, that must be why the WG staff was VERY active on the RUSSIAN sandbox forum?

it explains everything...Yep, all is explained... :sceptic:

As far as I remember, our staff was answering on our own EU forums. Also, the fact that we rarely answered on Sandbox forums doesn't mean that we didn't gather the feedback there. :)

Smegger213 #316 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15053 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

View Postparim1331, on 14 January 2020 - 04:01 PM, said:

As far as I remember, our staff was answering on our own EU forums. Also, the fact that we rarely answered on Sandbox forums doesn't mean that we didn't gather the feedback there. :)

Yeah Wargaming, you gather feedback and then ignore it.

Players told you that the British Light Tanks were garbage.

Yet you did very little to address the issue and brought them into the game in a broken state.

Players told you that fast wheeled vehicles would ruin the game.

But you ignored the feedback and brought them into the game.

Players told you that having up to 3 arty in game is ruining the game.

But you don't listen.

Players told you that gold spam needs addressing.

Yet, still nothing has been done about it.

Players told you that fantasy double barrel tanks will ruin the game.

So you ignore the feedback and bring in an OP BIAS Russian premium.

No doubt the other double barrel tanks will be the same.

Now, for months players have been telling you that the proposed sandbox HE changes are trash.

But you will probably ignore the community and bring in the changes anyway.

Now, also players are telling you that they hate the proposed crew changes.

But you will probably just bring in the changes anyway.

Frankly, I don't trust anything you say these days.

I have not even logged in to play since 27th Dec 2019.

I wonder why?

JOHN_691 #317 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4130 battles
  • [ORKI2] ORKI2

I just hope wg does not listen to players like the one above me.

The only things i agree with are:

-max 1 arty per team

-british lights are garbage

Edited by JOHN_691, 14 January 2020 - 09:00 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users