Proposed Crew Changes.

Hmm?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Proposed Crew Changes. (86 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

What Say You?

1. I Like The Proposed Changes. (17 votes [19.77%])

Percentage of vote: 19.77%

2. I Don't Like The Proposed Changes. (69 votes [80.23%])

Percentage of vote: 80.23%

Does The Crew System Need Reworking?

1. Yes. (36 votes [41.86%])

Percentage of vote: 41.86%

2. No. (50 votes [58.14%])

Percentage of vote: 58.14%

Preferred Options.

1. WG Proposed Changes. (14 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

2. Keep The Current System. (44 votes [51.16%])

Percentage of vote: 51.16%

3. Keep The Current System, But Change How Skills/Perks Are Earned. (19 votes [22.09%])

Percentage of vote: 22.09%

4. I Have Another Idea - Discuss... (9 votes [10.47%])

Percentage of vote: 10.47%

Will Reworking Your Hard Earned Crews Make You Stop Playing?

1. Yes, It's Another Nail in The Coffin. (35 votes [40.70%])

Percentage of vote: 40.70%

2. No, Don't be Daft. (28 votes [32.56%])

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

3. No, But no More Dorra From Me. (23 votes [26.74%])

Percentage of vote: 26.74%

Vote Hide poll

CmdRatScabies #21 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostElement6, on 14 December 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

Some people think that sandbox iterations are grounds for starting discussions of WoTs near-future downfall ;)

Well they're talking about releasing all the changes in one huge patch - crews, HP, HE, Arty, gold rounds etc.  Given WG's track record, what are the chances that this will go smoothly and for the better?

Erwin_Von_Braun #22 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44092 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostElement6, on 14 December 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

Some people think that sandbox iterations are grounds for starting discussions of WoTs near-future downfall ;)

That's a bit of a leap there my friend;)

18:05 Added after 3 minute

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 December 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

Well they're talking about releasing all the changes in one huge patch - crews, HP, HE, Arty, gold rounds etc.  Given WG's track record, what are the chances that this will go smoothly and for the better?

I can't imagine it's going to be well received.

Element6 #23 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32212 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 December 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

I guess there will be sandbox and ST rounds for these things, of which HE seems to be in the process already. Crews are a passive mechanic and will as a base be ewual to all and thus unlikely to cause much balance issues. 

To me their track record is rather good so I'm not really sceptical.

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 14 December 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Isn't the community founded on leaps?

CmdRatScabies #24 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 14 December 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

18:05 Added after 3 minute

I can't imagine it's going to be well received.

Crew changes seem to be simplifying it, presumably to make it more accessible for casual players.  Combined with all the other changes in one huge patch, it will be like a new game.  Could be super risky - doubt it will create a surge of new players but some of the older ones might lose interest and play less.

18:13 Added after 4 minute

View PostElement6, on 14 December 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

Personally I don't like the direction they've taken the game over the last couple of years with changed maps, template match maker,  increased armour, power creep etc so I don't like the track record - and judging by the player number drop off, I'm not alone.

Edited by CmdRatScabies, 14 December 2019 - 07:16 PM.

shikaka9 #25 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 74848 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

2020 will be year of 2.0s

Crew 2.0

WoT update 2.0

Soviet Union 2.0

etc

SamuraiShakaViking #26 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11975 battles
  • [777PC] 777PC

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 14 December 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

The article very clearly says..

"Once we introduce Crew 2.0, you can convert the accumulated experience of all existing crew members and direct it to train the new ones. You’ll be able to deploy them in battle instantly, without missing a beat!"

..so all those people who have invested in there crews aren't going to be losing out in any way.

you actually believe WG??

"this tank will never be sold again"...

have you not noticed how they , um , 'fib' ;  to the wows (let alone the late wowp) community and even community contributors (eg. check out Jingles)?

check out the latest debacle in wows,  Puerto rico-gate, the Xmas swindle and con  over the $200 '(not)free tier x premium ( "we'll never sell a tier x premium';).

very fishy imho

Erwin_Von_Braun #27 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44092 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostElement6, on 14 December 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

I guess there will be sandbox and ST rounds for these things, of which HE seems to be in the process already. Crews are a passive mechanic and will as a base be ewual to all and thus unlikely to cause much balance issues.

Isn't the community founded on leaps?

That, and a good pie.

Element6 #28 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32212 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 December 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

Personally I don't like the direction they've taken the game over the last couple of years with changed maps, template match maker,  increased armour, power creep etc so I don't like the track record - and judging by the player number drop off, I'm not alone.

The curve looks quite the same since 2014, peak around christmas and then a slow steady decline throughout the year, each year being slightly lower on the graph than the previous year. That, to me, is a pattern that doesn't really cause much concern, and is quite in line with what you could expect from a product that no longer have large pools of potential players available to it. As time passes, more and more people have heard of WoT and have already decided to play it or not. The millions of people who have already made up their mind to not play are not likely to revert that based on some map or balance changes. The case seems to be that you either play, or don't and uninstall. I wonder how many players who have disliked WoTs direction for years bought 75 boxes...

Three_Rounds_Rapid #29 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46180 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
Curious how the zero rated BiA crews will be compensated, will the xp equivalent for the 1st zero rated skill/perk be compensated, or just lost as it is zero rated? A lot of people spent real money specifically to get the BiA crews....

24doom24 #30 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9047 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
Just make sixth sense available for everyone. However I think there should be some considerations for tanks with tiny crews, e.g. manticore, that take significantly longer to get the same skills that a tank with, say, 5 crew members with separate roles would. 

CmdRatScabies #31 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:14 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostElement6, on 14 December 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

I wonder how many players who have disliked WoTs direction for years bought 75 boxes...

I'm sure a lot have but not me this year.  I've bought in the past to get max credit boost but the way they've done it this year makes it less easy and the extra tank rewards in the boxes don't appeal this year.

gunslingerXXX #32 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13859 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
I don't really care about it either way, but I really don't understand why they first put in the effort to be able to customize your crew in to tomatoes and such, and shortly after think about re-working everything..

Homer_J #33 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:38 PM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 14 December 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

The article very clearly says..

"Once we introduce Crew 2.0, you can convert the accumulated experience of all existing crew members and direct it to train the new ones. You’ll be able to deploy them in battle instantly, without missing a beat!"

..so all those people who have invested in there crews aren't going to be losing out in any way.

I fail to see how having to reassign the skills for crews of 150+ tanks can allow be to instantly deploy in battle without missing a beat.

I got back into WoWP when 2.0 came out.  Got all the way to a tier IX then they decided to rework the equipment.  I simply never logged in again.  Having to rework my WoT crews will be 100 times worse.  I remember the last time they reworked skills, I still have crew members which I never reskilled then.

We have far too little information and I really wish they wouldn't bother telling us things like this until they have some details, all they do is fuel rumours and mistrust.  By the time the changes arrive everyone has already decided they don't like them.

Element6 #34 Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32212 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 December 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

I'm sure a lot have but not me this year.  I've bought in the past to get max credit boost but the way they've done it this year makes it less easy and the extra tank rewards in the boxes don't appeal this year.

Fair enough. 

Out of interest, do you know of any game title that have had a fairly consistent playerbase development, that has experienced a noticeable growth several years into it's lifecycle that is likely to be caused by a change of direction?

As I said I find WoTs playerbase development consistent since the graph looks very similar from year to year, even if the individual year graphs look like a downward spiral. I find it very unlikely that there is a surge of new players every christmas that then fall off as the year progresses, that is the cause for the december-january spike. If that was the case it seems it would make little sense to advertise for the game most of the year. So my guess is that the spike is caused by existing players having another go.

DarkaholicSaiko #35 Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13398 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A

It is too early to say but this is definitely another nail in the coffin..

It seems to me that WG doesn't care about their old players which they support their game all this years and willing to lost them in 

exchange for a chance that may new players join the game i see how they're thinking new players have to spend way more money if they want to progress in the game and be more competitive compared to older players 

that they already have progress during the years so they don't need to spend that much anymore.. 

Pansenmann #36 Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37006 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post1ucky, on 14 December 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

We gotta be careful of clickbait and too much play on our emotions about stuff that matters.

That includes threats to our beloved tank crews.

I myself have stated on numerous occasions that a crew system like used in "wows"

is not fitting for world of tanks for various reasons - also, all the time and effort which many players

have put in to get "the best crew" should be taken into account.

PS: I am not very happy that one can buy now good crews with $$ (bia crews + crewbooks)

but then the gap for newer players would be too wide to catch up.

Block Quote

Frankly I would have thought that anyone browsing the forums would be fully aware of any news...

I can't account for your lack of knowledge.

Never assume anything.

Edited by Pansenmann, 15 December 2019 - 12:15 AM.

CmdRatScabies #37 Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:51 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostElement6, on 14 December 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

Out of interest, do you know of any game title that have had a fairly consistent playerbase development, that has experienced a noticeable growth several years into it's lifecycle that is likely to be caused by a change of direction?

As I said I find WoTs playerbase development consistent since the graph looks very similar from year to year, even if the individual year graphs look like a downward spiral. I find it very unlikely that there is a surge of new players every christmas that then fall off as the year progresses, that is the cause for the december-january spike. If that was the case it seems it would make little sense to advertise for the game most of the year. So my guess is that the spike is caused by existing players having another go.

As you say there is a clear trend downwards for the last few years with peaks and troughs being lower each year.  May be expected given the game's age, but the question would be whether the slope could be less steep and  I  don't think WG have helped with the way they've developed the game over the last few years and I don't have confidence that they'll get this huge set of changes right.

The changes are significant but will still leave them with fundamentally the same game - they aren't going to get that infux of new players but they do risk losing some existing players if they get it wrong.

But who knows, it may all turn out to be a great set of changes, skilfully implemented.

Erwin_Von_Braun #38 Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44092 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 December 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

As you say there is a clear trend downwards for the last few years with peaks and troughs being lower each year.  May be expected given the game's age, but the question would be whether the slope could be less steep and  I  don't think WG have helped with the way they've developed the game over the last few years and I don't have confidence that they'll get this huge set of changes right.

The changes are significant but will still leave them with fundamentally the same game - they aren't going to get that infux of new players but they do risk losing some existing players if they get it wrong.

But who knows, it may all turn out to be a great set of changes, skilfully implemented.

:facepalm:

PowJay #39 Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:21 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41314 battles

I have often considered that spending Gold on crew training is just about one of THE best ways to spend money on WoT. Even back in the very beginning I used to exclusively train SPG Loader and Gunner with Gold, long before I used it more routinely.

Since I stopped playing many lines and bought back older tanks to try, I have frequently retrained crews with Gold as I moved them between different tank types, and reset extended skills and perks as well. I did this on the understanding that this was an investment in the future. Some of these vehicles may have only been played a few times since doing so- my choice, I will admit- but I never considered that the crew system would change.

Since I have so many garage slots, and since rental camouflage for 100 battles was introduced, crew training is pretty much the only thing I have spent- a not inconsiderable amount of- Gold on. I am down to less than 1500, and I was going to buy Loot boxes to stock up on Gold and see what I could get. I am not sure that I am going to bother now as I have no idea how that investment will be used in the future- if at all.

Of course, it is not only financial investment. I recently took my M15/42 to over 200 battles to complete 6th Sense/first skills. I had a blast along the way, but I played it intensely to develop those skills. Now what?

I currently have 455 crew members. Some of these are still in the barracks from rentals, etc. Not all are assigned a tank, and as many of my vehicles are Premium tanks, I don't have crews for each one. Lets say that I have at least 430 that have been in battle and pretty much all have training in extended skills. The most are some of my female crews with third and fourth skills complete. This additional boost also comes from Premium vehicles which were used for training- even though that would not be the main reason for buying them.

Can anyone tell me how the time and money invested in those crew members can possibly be repaid in a fair and acceptable manner with the proposed changes? I am not saying that it cannot be done, but how can it possibly be done in a way that does not alienate a considerable portion of the long-term player-base?

mtnm #40 Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3918 battles

There is a storm coming, Mr. Wayne

:)

Also tagged with Hmm?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users