Proposed Crew Changes.

Hmm?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Proposed Crew Changes. (86 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

What Say You?

1. I Like The Proposed Changes. (17 votes [19.77%])

Percentage of vote: 19.77%

2. I Don't Like The Proposed Changes. (69 votes [80.23%])

Percentage of vote: 80.23%

Does The Crew System Need Reworking?

1. Yes. (36 votes [41.86%])

Percentage of vote: 41.86%

2. No. (50 votes [58.14%])

Percentage of vote: 58.14%

Preferred Options.

1. WG Proposed Changes. (14 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

2. Keep The Current System. (44 votes [51.16%])

Percentage of vote: 51.16%

3. Keep The Current System, But Change How Skills/Perks Are Earned. (19 votes [22.09%])

Percentage of vote: 22.09%

4. I Have Another Idea - Discuss... (9 votes [10.47%])

Percentage of vote: 10.47%

Will Reworking Your Hard Earned Crews Make You Stop Playing?

1. Yes, It's Another Nail in The Coffin. (35 votes [40.70%])

Percentage of vote: 40.70%

2. No, Don't be Daft. (28 votes [32.56%])

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

3. No, But no More Dorra From Me. (23 votes [26.74%])

Percentage of vote: 26.74%

Vote Hide poll

DangerMouse #41 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30974 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
All very confusing, one commander has all the skills, what happens to all the reward girls and special crews that aren't commanders?

IntruderFI #42 Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52215 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostTankkiPoju, on 14 December 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

Too early to say anything.

Too early to say? 

They are going Armored Warfare way with crew and we all know what happen to that game.

tajj7 #43 Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29084 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

By the description it sounds more like WOWs, more skills, more equipment options means more builds and choices for players, so I like that. 

At the moment there is basically 3/4 best equipment pieces and like 4/5 key skills you need, there is no real option to try something different because it will pretty much be worse. 

Whereas in WOW there are options to have different styles of build, and it's less obvious which one is the 'right' one.

strv_varjager #44 Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6928 battles

View PostDangerMouse, on 15 December 2019 - 09:55 AM, said:

All very confusing, one commander has all the skills, what happens to all the reward girls and special crews that aren't commanders?

That was my question too, because when i read the information text i got the impression that you will only have a choosable Commander with a autogenerated crew, so if i have 5 girl crew the other 4 will be obselete with the new changes?

And what exactly do they mean with several Commanders make up a unit?

Lemmingtrain #45 Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1924 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Poststrv_varjager, on 15 December 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

That was my question too, because when i read the information text i got the impression that you will only have a choosable Commander with a autogenerated crew, so if i have 5 girl crew the other 4 will be obselete with the new changes?

And what exactly do they mean with several Commanders make up a unit?

I can't see any point assigning the new Christmas crew until there is a bit more clarity in their plans.

strv_varjager #46 Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6928 battles

View PostLemmingtrain, on 15 December 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

I can't see any point assigning the new Christmas crew until there is a bit more clarity in their plans.

I think im wrong with autogenerated crew, i think if you put your 4 christmas ladies in a tank you will have the ladie commander and the other 3 as visuals.

arthurwellsley #47 Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54418 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

WG say;

Crew 2.0

The new year brings a fundamental change to the crew concept. Its core hasn’t changed for years, limiting itself merely to some minor updates and features (Crew Skins, Crew Books, etc.). World of Tanks is constantly evolving, so the time has come to rethink our vision of the crew concept.

Next year, we'll introduce the brand-new Crew 2.0. There will no longer be tankers with certain specialties in the reworked crew—instead, one commander will take their place. Several commanders will form a unit that can be moved to different tanks, so interacting with it will be more convenient than with individual tankers.

We are also completely redesigning the perks system. The number of available perks will increase to 25, and the crew members training system will change too. You will be able to:

• Choose in which direction to develop the commander's skills.
  • Create multiple crew configurations for each vehicle, depending on your gameplay style, which will affect its performance in battle.

Once we introduce Crew 2.0, you can convert the accumulated experience of all existing crew members and direct it to train the new ones. You’ll be able to deploy them in battle instantly, without missing a beat!

It may sound complex now, but we’ll be introducing the revamped crew concept step by step, so it will be easy for everyone to understand and to take advantage of all the new mechanics. Rest assured that you won’t lose any of your progress and hard work! The whole scope of potential changes is still under active development, so stay tuned for more news.

My take;

1. The article does not make clear what will happen to purchased BIA crews. If like me you purchased two Rudy's or two Cromwell B's buying the second one just to get the free BIA crew how will they be treated?

2. I like the idea of upto 25 perks and more builds. However, does that make the game more or less friendly to the casual player?

3. "Introducing it step by step" - what does that mean?

4. "you can convert the accumulated experience of all existing crew members and direct it to train the new ones" would seem to suggest that the veteran players will not lose out. Or does it? Take for example my six perk skill in the CN medium WZ 121. That crew only has all those perks and experience because it has the original Type 59 crew that I had in it when I bought that tank back in 2011. The Type 59 was my most played tank in the early years for grinding silver. What will happen to them?

5. what about crew skins? Some people paid money to get the Sabaton crew and the USA rock band crew.

6. Crew skill 2 is slated for 2020, and yet the article says "The whole scope of potential changes is still under active development, so stay tuned for more news." The crew skill revamped has long been talked about. The pinned suggestion thread has various player suggestions scattered in it (reduce stun, hide areas of map, reveal areas of the map etc). Given crew skills/perks revamp has been talked about now for years will WG project management team in this area actually deliver in 2020?

Toni112007 #48 Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11260 battles
Crew system needs to be similar to that one of World of Warships. Its far too grindy currently as it is.

Edited by Toni112007, 15 December 2019 - 02:36 PM.

CmdRatScabies #49 Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38551 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postarthurwellsley, on 15 December 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Given crew skills/perks revamp has been talked about now for years will WG project management team in this area actually deliver in 2020?

They seem to be cracking on with promised developments in 2019 so there's a risk that they will actually do it.

Bulldog_Drummond #50 Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34477 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostHomer_J, on 14 December 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I fail to see how having to reassign the skills for crews of 150+ tanks can allow be to instantly deploy in battle without missing a beat.

I got back into WoWP when 2.0 came out.  Got all the way to a tier IX then they decided to rework the equipment.  I simply never logged in again.  Having to rework my WoT crews will be 100 times worse.  I remember the last time they reworked skills, I still have crew members which I never reskilled then.

We have far too little information and I really wish they wouldn't bother telling us things like this until they have some details, all they do is fuel rumours and mistrust.  By the time the changes arrive everyone has already decided they don't like them.

I would have thought that of all the things in WoT that could benefit from some tweaking, crews would be bottom of the list.

The current system seems to work well enough

Homer_J #51 Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:15 PM

Field Marshal

• 33400 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Poststrv_varjager, on 15 December 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

I think im wrong with autogenerated crew, i think if you put your 4 christmas ladies in a tank you will have the ladie commander and the other 3 as visuals.

I don't see how that can work.

I have crews in premiums made of crewmembers from various tanks I no longer have in my garage.  I don't want them amalgamating into a single crew for the premium tank they are in.  And what about crew in barracks and unassigned recruits?

SovietBias #52 Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40031 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 15 December 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

We are also completely redesigning the perks system. The number of available perks will increase to 25, and the crew members training system will change too. You will be able to:

• Choose in which direction to develop the commander's skills.
  • Create multiple crew configurations for each vehicle, depending on your gameplay style, which will affect its performance in battle.

Once we introduce Crew 2.0, you can convert the accumulated experience of all existing crew members and direct it to train the new ones. You’ll be able to deploy them in battle instantly, without missing a beat!

It may sound complex now, but we’ll be introducing the revamped crew concept step by step, so it will be easy for everyone to understand and to take advantage of all the new mechanics. Rest assured that you won’t lose any of your progress and hard work! The whole scope of potential changes is still under active development, so stay tuned for more news.

I've spent thousands of gold training and retraining crews (plus a couple million credits in the newly introduced book system).

I wonder how WG will be able to compensate the players with really skilled crews under the new system while at the same time they make it easier to grind through the system.

If the experience of 5+ members is just merged in a new super crew (commander), then grinding each level has to become more costly on average, unless they are fine in having players running around with super crews. That means new players suffer.

If they just 'delete' other crew members, how exactly are players being compensated on what they have spent training individual crew members. What stops them to retrain every crew member to a commander? Why would you have to retrain crew members (using gold) in order not to lose your investment ?

I'm fine with the idea of reworking skills to create alternative builds. But, despite being too early to tell, it doesn't sound good.

Edited by SovietBias, 15 December 2019 - 04:50 PM.

1ucky #53 Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 90699 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Will they sCrew us over??

We'll see.

DangerMouse #54 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30974 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

Maybe they will un-assign all the reward crew and BIA crew so you can pick them as new commanders, seems the only way they could go without screwing us over.

Old_Ironballs #55 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10770 battles

The proposed changes are just another way to screw money out of people. "Choose in which direction to develop the commander's skills." Is another way of saying "We're going to limit skills into trees so that you can either have a great scouting crew or great dogfighting crew, but not both at once." Meaning you'll have to train up 2 crews/commanders/whatever and pick which role you want to play; which is utterly pointless in a game when you don't know what match is coming up.

Deadoks #56 Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20425 battles
  • [DODU] DODU
And what will happen to the dog inside my rudy?!

Nishi_Kinuyo #57 Posted 27 December 2019 - 01:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10272 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostDeadoks, on 27 December 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

And what will happen to the dog inside my rudy?!

I'm sorrie, but we'll have to take Lassie Szarik out back.

Pudd1ng #58 Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47811 battles
  • [LOTT] LOTT

I'll just say this; I have a number of tanks who's crews have 6 or 7 skills. They make a difference to how the tank plays & it's capabilities - They make some OK tanks pleasant to play, and good tanks into really nice ones.

If those skills are taken away from me then I see no point playing - My tanks won't be fun any more & who plays a game they don't enjoy ?

Steve8066 #59 Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20476 battles
it very much sounds like it could be the same system that AW uses, if it is, thousands will quit the game imo as its the most retarded system ive ever seen.

Vilq #60 Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 32969 battles
  • [SMOK_] SMOK_

View Postthe_Haba, on 14 December 2019 - 06:55 AM, said:

WGs big problem is that people have spent a lot of time grinding their crews, but now they don't need to grind them any more. Crew boosters are not selling!

Gotta bring out crew 2.0 so that there is more grinding to be done. Oh, and more crew skill resets paid with gold.

Yup,

I heard of changes that there will be 1 crew member in tank? LOL?

I am pretty happy and proud if can say that of my crews, so if change like this happens to rebalance and give chance to new players? against veterans in battles (got the idea to new players - play more! get ur crew experienced by playing a lot), I say bye to WOT if those changes happens. Already consider to stop paying for premium and put hold on buying new premium tanks. Maybe it's time to look in another direction for another MMO if changes to crews>perks are made. Eve online before, WOT for 9 years now. Maybe it's time to move on.

WG is saying that they listening to the players, Poll at the moment is against changes (checkmate! WG), so we will see if changes come to life.

Edited by Vilq, 25 January 2020 - 06:37 PM.

Also tagged with Hmm?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users