Nerf of all premiums with gamble2win double barrel lootbox object?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

SamuraiShakaViking #1 Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11975 battles
  • [777PC] 777PC

Tried to play holiday ops today... Both random and skirmishes. Needed some good vodka pretty soon. My tier viii's  were trounced by the surprisingly swarm of the new lootbox objects in random and strongholds .

Every tier viii premium and non premium has been nerfed by the  double barrel  lootbox object you pay  to (maybe) get from gambling...

Apparently need to gamble about between $100 - $300 for a chance to (depending  on the server) maybe get this ? (based on community contributors and others opening bought  lootboxes). This is becoming a game for the rich and spoilt, especially on certain servers.

Power creep ? Pay2gamble to pay2win? any bias? Whichever, Pay2win has jumped a notch. 

WG must now measurably be  among the most expensive (and profitable) MMO games out there .

Effectively all premiums, let alone tech tree tanks, have been nerfed if today's pub and stronghold r anything to go by, imho even recent 'op' and 'broken' premiums r now often two-shottable, let alone outdated  power crept classic  premiums.

"balance" just got gambled away .. again. The community contributors could not even test this in advance. Why?  Watch QB for example.

It seems to  be a meta and balance changer.

all free to play players, r.i.p. ...  as for new recruits, 'surprise!' 

WG seem to be gambling on the identity and future direction of this, their very profitable, very expensive title

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9913 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Sorry, but how exactly is Obyekt 703 II overpowered or a nerf to all other premiums?

snowlywhite #3 Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26813 battles
what's good at the pos?

Balc0ra #4 Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
703's I fought today in my CDA 105 died just fine.

1ucky #5 Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89475 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

I shot one in the side today with my KV-2. Felt just the same as shooting at an IS-3. The usual ~300 damage due to proper spaced armor/tracks, nothing tragic from either tank's perspective.

But yea I can imagine they might be pretty powerful if played in a *coordinated* team. Cause focused fire becomes two times as powerful with double the amount of gun barrels shooting.

Not yet sure if that can be called OP though. I mean, if you want to have high alpha/focus on Tier 8 you could just as well use an old tech tree TD to do the job, without pesky shot delay mechanics and with nice dpm as a bonus (ISU-152, Rhm.-B.WT,...).

Balc0ra #6 Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post1ucky, on 14 December 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

I shot one in the side today with my KV-2.

If you have more then 40 HE pen... you can bully the rear of the E75 TS. Even my Rudy could HE pen that rear.

xtrem3x #7 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36115 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostSamuraiShakaViking, on 14 December 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

Tried to play holiday ops today... Both random and skirmishes. Needed some good vodka pretty soon. My tier viii's  were trounced by the surprisingly swarm of the new lootbox objects in random and strongholds .

Every tier viii premium and non premium has been nerfed by the  double barrel  lootbox object you pay  to (maybe) get from gambling...

Apparently need to gamble about between $100 - $300 for a chance to (depending  on the server) maybe get this ? (based on community contributors and others opening bought  lootboxes). This is becoming a game for the rich and spoilt, especially on certain servers.

Power creep ? Pay2gamble to pay2win? any bias? Whichever, Pay2win has jumped a notch. 

WG must now measurably be  among the most expensive (and profitable) MMO games out there .

Effectively all premiums, let alone tech tree tanks, have been nerfed if today's pub and stronghold r anything to go by, imho even recent 'op' and 'broken' premiums r now often two-shottable, let alone outdated  power crept classic  premiums.

"balance" just got gambled away .. again. The community contributors could not even test this in advance. Why?  Watch QB for example.

WG seem to be gambling on the identity and future direction of this, their very profitable, very expensive title

The problem is you, not the tanks

Warzey #8 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 60890 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

View PostSamuraiShakaViking, on 14 December 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

I'm sure that Obj 703 II and E-75 will be available in premium store at some point. We've already seen how WG handles "exclusive" stuff. 

ThorgrimBrenadim #9 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35557 battles

Obj 703 2 are fine yes lots of them and that is the issue at present when things settle down after the kids have spent their money and the novelty wears off they will not be OP just something a bit different and a new approach to deal with them.

Biggest issue today has been the really really poor game play by so many players and especially heavy tank players.

Shadow_Of_Warrrior #10 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 43995 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Come on man you cry about Premium tanks being OP yet u have the E25 and IS3A, the 703 ll is not OP at all, its decent but to be fair to WG its rather balanced compared to some of the tanks they released in the past.

I dont mmean to be rude or any think but ur not the best player and i find its players like that that always cry about tanks being OP because they make mistakes in game which gets them wrecked then they cry thats it op or that they cant pen it or somethink.

Also if your a buissness and u have a product that you know people will want, timeing it to come out in the loot boxes is just good buisness, also people need to get off the "loot box gambling" wagon, WG lootboxes are actully good value for 95% of people, if you buy them only trying to get a tank then thats your issue not there's as its stated that there is a chance to get a premium tank, "a chance" and the vaule u get per box tends to be what you would pay for the gold and that if it was brought seprate. 

Most tanks are ok i think, some are a bit to good for there teir like the 279e or chiften but thats not just the tank, thats also to do with the better players tend to have them and there better players for a reason, they win more. Which then makes the tank seem super good when really in the hands of a avarage player or below avarage player thye would get destoryed, like when i see a avarage or below avaarage layer in a 279e im not that worried but if i see a good player who knows how to use the tank then i would be more worried. But with the 279e now i know where to pen it its no so bad, if hes hull down then good luck with that lol but the same can be said for a hull down is7 andn the is7 is not op at all unless they know how to use it. Making a premium tank thats just a standerd tank wont sell them so why would you do that, got to make people want it :D

following trends like strong tanks, lootboxes, battle royale type modes is how a game stays on top. Of course they want to make money thats the whole point of making the game in the first place. Keeping people on a game for 5+ years is some seeing as most games on really last a few years before there replaced with a new one. 

Some premiums are better than others that is true but thats how it always is and always will be, cant have a 100% balanced game or that would get boring to quick and would never last as long s it has. 

Your statement above just comes acroos as crying that its too good for you to fight and u dont like it. i have no issue fighting the 279e's, chiftens, defenderrs etc.....

Blackadder75 #11 Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9031 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 December 2019 - 01:08 AM, said:

Sorry, but how exactly is Obyekt 703 II overpowered or a nerf to all other premiums?

A soviet tank able to fire both barrels. Ofc it's not overpowered

Lycopersicon #12 Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:06 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11021 battles
T8 battles will gradually shift towards 30 vs 30 guns in the coming days (minus one for each E75 being tried out). However, the part on nerfing premiums got totally lost on me.

1ucky #13 Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89475 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostShadow_Of_Warrrior, on 14 December 2019 - 03:27 AM, said:

Come on man you cry about Premium tanks being OP yet u have the E25 and IS3A, the 703 ll is not OP at all, its decent but to be fair to WG its rather balanced compared to some of the tanks they released in the past.

I dont mmean to be rude or any think but ur not the best player and i find its players like that that always cry about tanks being OP because they make mistakes in game which gets them wrecked then they cry thats it op or that they cant pen it or somethink.

Also if your a buissness and u have a product that you know people will want, timeing it to come out in the loot boxes is just good buisness, also people need to get off the "loot box gambling" wagon, WG lootboxes are actully good value for 95% of people, if you buy them only trying to get a tank then thats your issue not there's as its stated that there is a chance to get a premium tank, "a chance" and the vaule u get per box tends to be what you would pay for the gold and that if it was brought seprate. 

Most tanks are ok i think, some are a bit to good for there teir like the 279e or chiften but thats not just the tank, thats also to do with the better players tend to have them and there better players for a reason, they win more. Which then makes the tank seem super good when really in the hands of a avarage player or below avarage player thye would get destoryed, like when i see a avarage or below avaarage layer in a 279e im not that worried but if i see a good player who knows how to use the tank then i would be more worried. But with the 279e now i know where to pen it its no so bad, if hes hull down then good luck with that lol but the same can be said for a hull down is7 andn the is7 is not op at all unless they know how to use it. Making a premium tank thats just a standerd tank wont sell them so why would you do that, got to make people want it :D

following trends like strong tanks, lootboxes, battle royale type modes is how a game stays on top. Of course they want to make money thats the whole point of making the game in the first place. Keeping people on a game for 5+ years is some seeing as most games on really last a few years before there replaced with a new one. 

Some premiums are better than others that is true but thats how it always is and always will be, cant have a 100% balanced game or that would get boring to quick and would never last as long s it has. 

Your statement above just comes acroos as crying that its too good for you to fight and u dont like it. i have no issue fighting the 279e's, chiftens, defenderrs etc.....

#Truth

05:04 Added after 5 minute

View PostBlackadder75, on 14 December 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

:P

Hey, you gotta start somewhere! :D

They're introducing the mechanic.

(Same as they did some years ago in a Halloween mode with multi-turreted tanks, alright...)

People were actually asking for multi-gun mechanics, and this is how they make their way into the game, step by step, testing along as we go.

But it's still funny the way you put it. :)

Robbie_T #14 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20990 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
killed 2 today in a 1 vs 2 battle.....they as op as the player behind the keyboard

1ucky #15 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89475 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostLycopersicon, on 14 December 2019 - 05:06 AM, said:

T8 battles will gradually shift towards 30 vs 30 guns in the coming days (minus one for each E75 being tried out). However, the part on nerfing premiums got totally lost on me.

Come on man, the guy's simply talking about relative value change.

For example, if you have a billion € now, you're kind of a rich person or whatever, since that's obviously a lot of money.

But, if tomorrow all the other people in the world start opening some loot boxes, and every one of them gets at least two billion € each (say they put them in two wooden barrels inside the box, for pun's sake), then suddenly you become the poorest guy in the world (assuming you're the only one who didn't get a loot box with two barrels of € in it).

Stop pretending you don't understand that.

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:10 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13571 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

The objects I saw yesterday all struggled and had not very good games.

Did see a lot of them though, your point that there is a (stupid) amount of money spend on this game I agree upon.

SoupFork #17 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14139 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 14 December 2019 - 07:10 AM, said:

The objects I saw yesterday all struggled and had not very good games.

Did see a lot of them though, your point that there is a (stupid) amount of money spend on this game I agree upon.

struggled too, takes getting used to and most weren’t aware of the shoot-delay-keyboard-bind thingy, so missed a lot of shots. The left-right viewpoint switching threw me off a lot too, thinking I was lagging or got rammed after every shot, causing me to lose focus. It was a struggle. But now that I’m aware of these issues today should (hopefully...) be a lot better. And I did some pretty stupid things just to get to try out the double barrel blast. Rushed down the hill enemy side on Prokorovka just to double blast into the side of a tracked TS-5 and it was glorious but I died needlessly 5 seconds later, so there’s that too :)

Lycopersicon #18 Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11021 battles
(sorry, wrong thread) :mellow:

Edited by Lycopersicon, 14 December 2019 - 01:33 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9913 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostWarzey, on 14 December 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

I'm sure that Obj 703 II and E-75 will be available in premium store at some point. We've already seen how WG handles "exclusive" stuff. 

Did Wargaming ever state that those two tanks would be lootbox exclusive?

Because, afaik, they did not.

View PostBlackadder75, on 14 December 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

With the reload time they get for doing so, they could easily get taken out if they do it at the wrong time.

Imo, its not very different from a turreted ISU-152, except the ISU reloads much faster for comparable damage.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 14 December 2019 - 08:46 PM.

Warzey #20 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 60890 battles
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 December 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

Did Wargaming ever state that those two tanks would be lootbox exclusive?

Because, afaik, they did not.

My point is that all of their "exclusive" tanks that won't be sold again were very much sold again in some form.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users