Allowing players to ban more maps

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

_HakunaMatata_ #1 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72281 battles

Hey guys, I just want to know what you think about the idea that freaks in WG should allow us to band 5 maps and not just 2 with premium and 1 without. As it is, there are 3 new retarded maps that WG has released that I don't want to play.

Ghost town,

Glacier

Minsk

These 3 new maps have no common sense what so ever. I am sure WG workers either were under paid to make these maps or they were under the influence of Vodka.

5 maps to be able to ban is what I really want. The other thing is just let players vote when they enter the game, a pop up message should come every day asking you which map you like ban for the whole day.

What do you guys think?

1ucky #2 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 90569 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View Post_HakunaMatata_, on 14 December 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

Hey guys, I just want to know what you think about the idea that freaks in WG should allow us to band 5 maps and not just 2 with premium and 1 without. As it is, there are 3 new retarded maps that WG has released that I don't want to play.

Ghost town,

Glacier

Minsk

These 3 new maps have no common sense what so ever. I am sure WG workers either were under paid to make these maps or they were under the influence of Vodka.

5 maps to be able to ban is what I really want. The other thing is just let players vote when they enter the game, a pop up message should come every day asking you which map you like ban for the whole day.

What do you guys think?

I think they were less influenced by Vodka than you were, while you were writing this post.

And yea, not thinking about the consequences and just banning everything you don't like might seem like a good idea to you and indeed it is very popular, but the reality is that #ConsequencesHappen.

And for example one of the consequences of thousands of people banning 5 different maps each would be that we would have a much harder time finding 1 (yes, one) single map that we could all play upon together, let alone a variety of maps to have a bit more fun.

So that would suck. But it's cool you tried to come up with something positive (probably), appreciate the spirit.

_HakunaMatata_ #3 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72281 battles

View Post1ucky, on 14 December 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

I think they were less influenced by Vodka than you were, while you were writing this post.

And yea, not thinking about the consequences and just banning everything you don't like might seem like a good idea to you and indeed it is very popular, but the reality is that #ConsequencesHappen.

And for example one of the consequences of thousands of people banning 5 different maps each would be that we would have a much harder time finding 1 (yes, one) single map that we could all play upon together, let alone a variety of maps to have a bit more fun.

So that would suck. But it's cool you tried to come up with something positive (probably), appreciate the spirit.

I never drank or will drink Vodka. This is for the start. Why do you think it's hard for WG to do this? What consequences are you talking about.? I had two ideas. One to be able to ban 5 maps, premium account or not, that should not matter. The other option is when you enter the game, this pop up should say welcome commander. Which map do you feel you can't play today? You then select those you don't want to and off you go. If you like to play all the maps you don't ban any. Simple as that.

1ucky #4 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 90569 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View Post_HakunaMatata_, on 14 December 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

I never drank or will drink Vodka. This is for the start. Why do you think it's hard for WG to do this? What consequences are you talking about.? I had two ideas. One to be able to ban 5 maps, premium account or not, that should not matter. The other option is when you enter the game, this pop up should say welcome commander. Which map do you feel you can't play today? You then select those you don't want to and off you go. If you like to play all the maps you don't ban any. Simple as that.

Ok, I'll try to explain, hopefully not for too long.

Say you have 29 buddies, and you want to play a game. You can play the game on 50 different maps. All 30 people have somewhat different preferences on what they like, and each of them bans 5 maps. Now, do you think there will be lots of different maps to play on, after everyone bans 5? Or will it rather be less maps?

Now of course, as I've said in the above post, that's a consequence of banning maps. But then you say what consequences are you talking about.

Alright mate, keep not drinking Vodka.

_HakunaMatata_ #5 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72281 battles

View Post1ucky, on 14 December 2019 - 06:55 AM, said:

Ok, I'll try to explain, hopefully not for too long.

Say you have 29 buddies, and you want to play a game. You can play the game on 50 different maps. All 30 people have somewhat different preferences on what they like, and each of them bans 5 maps. Now, do you think there will be lots of different maps to play on, after everyone bans 5? Or will it rather be less maps?

Now of course, as I've said in the above post, that's a consequence of banning maps. But then you say what consequences are you talking about.

Alright mate, keep not drinking Vodka.

But the voting I am asking WG to do makes sense. If so many players don't like few maps then why keep them still on? Why not change them or make new one that make sense. This map Glacier is really not good. Light tanks go up that hill and snipe the crap out of you as a heavy down there. I mean Whenever I play this map, I go desktop and listen to music till it's finished. So why being forced to play something you don't like? Don't forget this game has lots and lots of players at the same time. So there will be maps where players will be there. I am sure what I don't like for some others is good. My idea is to have a bit of free will, a bit of space you can be happy to click battle and know this map is not there which I hate or just makes no sense.

Hahah we don't hate to get shot to feel the pain of how it is to be shot. Same goes with Vodka. We see so many reasons why Vodka is bad but some people have less natural fun and that's why Vodka comes to give you the fun you're not been born with. Lucky me I am happy in a natural way.

Back to the game.

It's this feeling that I think WG is blocking us from having. Let's have fun. As soon as I have this Glacier or the other two, fund runs away.

Solstad1069 #6 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45956 battles
I would also like to ban a couple more maps, but you put too much strain on the MM.
Paris has been banned since day 1, if i have premium account Provinse are added, but maps like fjords and minsk are on that list aswell.
What you can do is switch server because i dont think the same maps are in rotation at the same time on both?

PowJay #7 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:00 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41314 battles

Here's my way of thinking on the map ban.

1. WG decides that it is a good idea and it is implemented.

2. Having decided on the idea, they give a bonus and incentive to Premium players to block another map.

3. If they have ANY sense whatsoever, they will look at the most-banned maps and decide to do something about it. Whether that is the specific map or the types of map in general such as (old) Kharkov, Stalingrad and Paris.

It takes a lot to develop a new map. Hopefully WG's main intention is to learn from this process. I don't think that they will want- or need- to allow any more map bans to move forward in this respect.

edit- typo.

Edited by PowJay, 14 December 2019 - 09:02 AM.

AeyT #8 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7371 battles

I think 2 map bans are fine, WG just has to start making less shitty maps :P

Personally i've banned Mines for being mega one-sided and way too small of a map, and sand river just because i dont like it.

Edited by AeyT, 14 December 2019 - 09:32 AM.

Gruff_ #9 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24300 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The deck doesn't need more stacking, that deck needs fresh and balanced cards.

GodTank2 #10 Posted 14 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9477 battles
  • [RF_] RF_
5 maps is way to many. It would also make the queue insanely long

frange #11 Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31999 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

Ensk, Mines, Tundra and Paris are the ones I hate the most. Cause only small shitty maps where you get spotted in 10s wherever you are on the damn maps. Especially with the damn wheelchairs yoloing all over the maps. Really funny when playing a paper tank or long range TD like the Strvs.

SamuraiShakaViking #12 Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11975 battles
  • [777PC] 777PC

View Post_HakunaMatata_, on 14 December 2019 - 07:42 AM, said:

Ghost town,

Glacier

Minsk

What do you guys think?

agree, especially those maps and others where the spawn usually decides the result. Would reduce frustration 

Balc0ra #13 Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75649 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
5 maps? So the only thing that would happen then is that no lights or arty on urban maps. No HTs or assault TDs on open maps. Super easy to rig your LT missions. Never gonna happen.

Mr_Burrows #14 Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50739 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

3 would be enough. Ruinberg, Tundra* and Fjords gone forever. 

*or perhaps Ensk. I have a hard time deciding which is worst. Tundra could be good, but there is just something about that map that rubs me the wrong way. 

Contentious #15 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49172 battles
Just make better maps, and make sure Ensk doesn't show up even if it's unchosen. I'm happily rid of Province, but the 2nd -Ensk, just comes up anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users