Loot Boxes not available in shop

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

NoFun4You #1 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 44286 battles
  • [DPG2] DPG2

Just like last year, when you live in Belgium, Loot boxes are not available in the shop. 

This makes it impossible to complete the collections.

So special skin rewards etc are not available in Belgium. The option to try to get a special loot box vehicle is not there. As the problem was already known last year, I was hoping a bit that Wargaming would have come op with an alternative way to make it possible for all their Belgium costumers, to get acces to this game content that they put in the game trough the loot boxes. Now, it is simply impossible for all the Belgian players to do so.

For the loot box vehicles, you can make them available in the game store at a later moment (just like you did with the IS3A), but what about the other content. Simply never available again in any way here in Belgium. Will we have the same problem with the christmas event 2020-2021?

It feels to me, that all the Belgian players are left in the cold in the christmas event. 

_bitter_end_ #2 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 62294 battles

View PostNoFun4You, on 14 December 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Just like last year, when you live in Belgium, Loot boxes are not available in the shop. 

So special skin rewards etc are not available in Belgium. The option to try to get a special loot box vehicle is not there. As the problem was already known last year, I was hoping a bit that Wargaming would have come op with an alternative way to make it possible for all their Belgium costumers, to get acces to this game content that they put in the game trough the loot boxes. Now, it is simply impossible for all the Belgian players to do so.

For the loot box vehicles, you can make them available in the game store at a later moment (just like you did with the IS3A), but what about the other content. Simply never available again in any way here in Belgium. Will we have the same problem with the christmas event 2020-2021?

It feels to me, that all the Belgian players are left in the cold in the christmas event. 

I can help you with gifting if you want mate. Or you can ask your non belgian clanmates/friends to do so.

Edited by _bitter_end_, 14 December 2019 - 08:46 AM.

fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:47 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 61015 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Discrimination!

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:54 AM

Major

• 55624 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
vpn?

OrtegaSLO #5 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45172 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

Ask clanmate.

VPN and create a new account in other country. So you can gift it to yourself ?

Edited by OrtegaSLO, 14 December 2019 - 09:18 AM.

PowJay #6 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41285 battles

You do realise that the problem lies with YOUR government, not WG, don't you?

Read it again. It seems that you do. Do you not think that if WG could find a way to make more money from their Belgian playerbase, they would have?

Edited by PowJay, 14 December 2019 - 09:04 AM.

wsatnutter #7 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:08 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26708 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

how many boxes did you want ?

Frostilicus #8 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:12 AM

Colonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23718 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View PostPowJay, on 14 December 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Read it again. It seems that you do. Do you not think that if WG could find a way to make more money from their Belgian playerbase, they would have?

OP IS blaming WG for a Belgian Government policy :)

UrQuan #9 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22217 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thank EA's extreme greed for that lootbox regulation. To sell lootboxes now in Belgium you have to comply to the Belgian gambling laws (which involves not selling to minors). most companies refuse to this & hence retracted their lootbox mechanism from Belgian players.

Note that something did change from last year. lats year Belgian players could still gift the boxes but not buy them for ourselves (because gifting was't considered gambling, as it wasn't for you) but seems something change din the meantime & gifting of lootboxes isn't allowed anymore either.

Edited by UrQuan, 14 December 2019 - 09:15 AM.

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24701 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

You want WG to blatantly break you countries laws?.......they did give hints on how you could possibly circumvent them, why don't you be a rebel against your Government and try them.;)

OrtegaSLO #11 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45172 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
How much I understand WG could ask Belgian government. And maybe they allow it. But WG didn't ask.

NoFun4You #12 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 44286 battles
  • [DPG2] DPG2

View PostPowJay, on 14 December 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

Yes, I know we have some laws here which prevent the sale of loot boxes. It is jus sad, that a huge company like WG (who wants to make money), has not come up with an alternative (paying) way to make this content available in Belgium. They have got a year to find something.

I know lootboxes are not an option in Belgium. But are lootboxes the only way to make this content available, even if in certain countries (with some stupid laws), this lootbox system is not legal.  There are a million other ways to make the content available (and make money) which are perfectly legal, even in Belgium. They do sell stuff here in Belgium! I strongly hope that wargaming takes a look into this matter, as there is money to be made here. 

Edited by NoFun4You, 14 December 2019 - 09:24 AM.

PowJay #13 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41285 battles

View PostNoFun4You, on 14 December 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Yes, I know we have some laws here which prevent the sale of loot boxes. It is jus sad, that a huge company like WG (who wants to make money), has not come up with an alternative (paying) way to make this content available in Belgium. They have got a year to find something.

I know lootboxes are not an option in Belgium. But are lootboxes the only way to make this content available, even if in certain countries (with some stupid laws), this lootbox system is not legal.  There are a million other wats to make the content available (and make money). I strongly hope that wargaming takes a look into this matter, as there is money to be made here.

I understand that when you buy a loot box you are gambling on the fact that it contains a rare Premium tank. That is the reason that many people are spending a LOT of money. If the value in Gold was guaranteed, then you get what you pay for and anything else is a bonus. I don't see why that would be such a significant problem.

I realise that the temptation to buy them just for a CHANCE to get something more is gambling, but how can you complain when you pay the price of, say, 500 Gold and get 500 Gold? (I have NO idea how much they cost this year)

clixor #14 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:39 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55873 battles

View PostPowJay, on 14 December 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

I understand that when you buy a loot box you are gambling on the fact that it contains a rare Premium tank. That is the reason that many people are spending a LOT of money. If the value in Gold was guaranteed, then you get what you pay for and anything else is a bonus. I don't see why that would be such a significant problem.

I realise that the temptation to buy them just for a CHANCE to get something more is gambling, but how can you complain when you pay the price of, say, 500 Gold and get 500 Gold? (I have NO idea how much they cost this year)

The 'gambling' is only one part of the anti lootbox laws. For it to be illegal to sell lootboxes you also need to be able to trade it somehow. This would open up the possibility to trade in-game items for RL money. The WOT lootboxes aren't tradable so that's why they are not illegal in my country (the Netherlands). 

NoFun4You #15 Posted 14 December 2019 - 09:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 44286 battles
  • [DPG2] DPG2
Well, I am not going to discuss if Belgian rules in this matter are stupid or not. I think this was already covered in previous posts. Maybe they could contact Belgium and use their arguments, you never know. Or, they can think about how to make the content available in any way. It is another year before next christmas. If someone has an Idea, which is fair, feel free to post it here. I just hope something good comes from my post. I want it to bring solutions, or an impuls to look for something for future events. I don't want it to be a pointless bitter rant about stupid laws. I want a warm christmas next year, which I can enjoy in a simular way as the other WOT players.

jack_timber #16 Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:07 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42113 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Save your money go out and buy a slap up meal instead....

antwerp_fighter #17 Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53935 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Well, I have bypass that restriction and gift myself 22 boxes...very simple

1. find a VPN, and redirect you to Netherlands, to create a Dutch account

2. go to shop (I mean real shop), buy paysafecard (like Delhaize, Kruidvat, Aldi, or most mobile phone shops)

3. gift your main account those boxes by using paysafecard

Some problems you may encounter:

1. Plan the amount of money you are going to spend on those loot boxes,

because those boxes cost 6, 20, 40, 100 Euros, but paysafecard only has 10/25/50 Euro voucher, 

But you can only combine max. 3 paysafecard in one transaction!!! plan it carefully.

2. there is something wrong with Payment by paysafecard, the payment will be interrupted for no reason at first,

but don`t worry, just keep trying to pay with the same pin code...it will finally work, after like 30-60 minutes. This happens to all of us...

3. one more thing, there is a limit for each payment, 50 or 100 Euro, but I dont exactly know how much... you need check

Wish you good luck on your boxes, hope this helps.

Edited by antwerp_fighter, 14 December 2019 - 11:07 AM.

Balc0ra #18 Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPowJay, on 14 December 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

If this is gambling or not is a different matter. Bottom line is that some nations are locked out to get them and their content due to their government. As in even max festive cheer. If they had a seperate store for Belguim players to buy the E75 TS or the skins directly, even overpriced bundle with decorations and gold. As they wanted 3500 gold for the skins at the BM even. I'm sure they would still waste as much money on it, as they would loot boxes. But get what they wanted instead. Honestly, I don't see the issue doing it that way either for some. 

Stevies_Team #19 Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles

All WG need to do is make these things available for direct purchase

But that runs the risk of putting uncontrolled numbers of new powerful premiums onto the gaming system

Bordhaw #20 Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15576 battles

Now, it is simply impossible for all the Belgian players to do so.

Simply never available again in any way here in Belgium. Will we have the same problem with the christmas event 2020-2021?

Tor Browser

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users