Accuracy trolling me?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rainbowkiss83 #1 Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25063 battles
  • [_HATE] _HATE
Ok, it's something i've noticed a long time ago but i've always said to myself "it cannot be true" but now i'm really curious
Is there some sort of "accuracy malus" in not seeing (i mean the tank is spotted and visible) the tank you're firing at?
I'll explain this:
-i'm on a "random tank class", the enemy target has been spotted, i see it's silhouette,i point at it.:justwait:
Suddendly it disappear :hiding: (no more spotted) and the damned circle just  fall down from the position i was pointing...:unsure:
I didn't move, i didn't fire...I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!!!:angry: Why does it move!!!? Does the gunner loose faith and fall into depression?:(
-i'm on an SPG, same situation as above plus---> if i fire when i see the target the shell is quite accurate, if i fire at the same spot after it get unspotted, NOT MOVING ANYTHING....the shell goes wherever she wants :bush:
And somethin similar apply to other classes
What's this? :confused::trollface:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:53 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
The reticle accounts for range so if you're aiming at a tank your shot is on target. If the tank suddenly goes unspotted the reticle is now accounting for range at the ground way behind where the tank was so it throws your aim up. It's especially noticeable on ridge lines. 

Contentious #3 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49159 battles

So the gunner think you're suddenly aiming at air. It does invariably go high, I wish it didn't, it seems ridiculous.

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35484 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 14 December 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

The reticle accounts for range so if you're aiming at a tank your shot is on target. If the tank suddenly goes unspotted the reticle is now accounting for range at the ground way behind where the tank was so it throws your aim up. It's especially noticeable on ridge lines. 

Currently the biggest issue with such an aiming system.

I remember playing a PS2 game from 2005 with an actual parabolic aiming system...

Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 16 December 2019 - 08:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users