WG,why do you want to kill KV2?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

adharus #1 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 67496 battles
  • [TAUR] TAUR

Seeng the latest "Developers dieries" video,now is cleare...he penn removal is final, and will be introduced  sometimes during spring next year...

And  in that context,i please anny WG staff to answer to this qwestion: why they want to kill one of the most iconic vehicol in this game? I mean ,of course, the KV2...

It is one of the oldest vehicols in this game,it is loved by so manny, it is not paticolary op,have plenty of drawbacks,but it is fun to play...in present configuration...with no penn on he ammo,basicly kv2 is castrated...there is no other word for...basicly its usefullnes and fun will be gone...and please do not come and say " can use 107"...

So,again,why WG whant to kill  KV2?

Dava_117 #2 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

Major General

• 23365 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't like the penetration removal on HE in general... It's just a favour to tanks like the T67, that now won't be shafted by HE. Most of the tank can't get penned reliably with HE so I see no point in this change.

adharus #3 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 67496 battles
  • [TAUR] TAUR

Neyther can i...but the point is,WG is already made up theyr mind about that...

That is why i created this topic...becose regardles off anithyng else,kv2 will be erased by this change...other vehicols will be  "afected",but kv2 have no other reliable alternatives to he....kv2 is all about  that...

I am not realy espect some wg staff will actualy answer to this,but  i made the topic regardless...

Edited by adharus, 14 December 2019 - 03:42 PM.

PhooBar #4 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20816 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Because they know you won't spend money on a premium tank, until all the regular tanks are shite.

MetaCube63 #5 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7283 battles
  • [LD-FR] LD-FR
Because it's broken af, imo they should also remove the 183mm HESH rounds.

adharus #6 Posted 14 December 2019 - 03:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 67496 battles
  • [TAUR] TAUR

View PostMetaCube63, on 14 December 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Because it's broken af, imo they should also remove the 183mm HESH rounds.

KV 2 it is in the game since the beghining..or almost since the beghining in this form...never was anny issue about it...broken? realy? but what about defender? or crisler,or is3a? how are those ? 

Rainbowkiss83 #7 Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25063 battles
  • [_HATE] _HATE
I'm lookin forward when u'll have kv2 using Zis-6 gun shredding low tier (and prolly even some high tier) people with fast firing instead of "shoot...miss..." with that inaccurate derp gun.
KV-2 is just a "lolz" tank, use it when you're having bad game days to avoid desperation
Fact is that if you get oneshotted by a KV2 the game would have been lost anyways or...you're like prince Oberyn Martell: too proud and stupid to keep distance and finish it with some cleverness.
You just deserve it.

MetaCube63 #8 Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7283 battles
  • [LD-FR] LD-FR

View Postadharus, on 14 December 2019 - 03:57 PM, said:

KV 2 it is in the game since the beghining..or almost since the beghining in this form...never was anny issue about it...broken? realy? but what about defender? or crisler,or is3a? how are those ? 

Cool story dude.

NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35436 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postadharus, on 14 December 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

Seeng the latest "Developers dieries" video,now is cleare...he penn removal is final, and will be introduced  sometimes during spring next year...

And  in that context,i please anny WG staff to answer to this qwestion: why they want to kill one of the most iconic vehicol in this game? I mean ,of course, the KV2...

It is one of the oldest vehicols in this game,it is loved by so manny, it is not paticolary op,have plenty of drawbacks,but it is fun to play...in present configuration...with no penn on he ammo,basicly kv2 is castrated...there is no other word for...basicly its usefullnes and fun will be gone...and please do not come and say " can use 107"...

So,again,why WG whant to kill  KV2?

Do not worry, comrade! This is why we have KV-2 RAGNAROK tier 6 premium heavy tank in the game, which cannot be affected negatively by these changes! Buff the HP and damage, leave the penetration! Just like the infamous leafblower leFH18B2 tier 5 premium spg which was not changed after the artillery rebalance and retains its AP and HEAT shells to this day!

It is a glorious time, comrade! Buy big, win bigger!

(to be read with a strong russian accent or not read at all)

Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 14 December 2019 - 04:21 PM.

adharus #10 Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 67496 battles
  • [TAUR] TAUR

View PostRainbowkiss83, on 14 December 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

I'm lookin forward when u'll have kv2 using Zis-6 gun shredding low tier (and prolly even some high tier) people with fast firing instead of "shoot...miss..." with that inaccurate derp gun.
KV-2 is just a "lolz" tank, use it when you're having bad game days to avoid desperation
Fact is that if you get oneshotted by a KV2 the game would have been lost anyways or...you're like prince Oberyn Martell: too proud and stupid to keep distance and finish it with some cleverness.
You just deserve it.

well, none will actualy use kv2 with zis6...t150 is way ore suyted for that gun...i can count  on the fingers of one hand the nomber of times whend i meat a kv2 with zis 6 in batles....that is why i sayed " not tell me about 107"...

even if after the removing  penn on he some will try to use it on kv2 probably,it will not last for long....

As you point it out,kv2 is for fun,or for releasing some tension...is not a vehicol that dramaticly affect game balance...and is tier 6..i doubght it disturb the unicums...sure,have his moments sometimes...."SOMETIMES" beeng the key word...why wg whant to take that away? 

15:30 Added after 8 minute

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 14 December 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

Do not worry, comrade! This is why we have KV-2 RAGNAROK tier 6 premium heavy tank in the game, which cannot be affected negatively by these changes! Buff the HP and damage, leave the penetration! Just like the infamous leafblower leFH18B2 tier 5 premium spg which was not changed after the artillery rebalance and retains its AP and HEAT shells to this day!

well,yes,KV2® will probably remain (indirectly nerfed,becose i doubght they will increase the amount of damage it do with he ,and all hp will increase,so less chances to one shot oponents),but that is not the point...i talk about the standard KV2...

and about lfh..true,it is remained as it was at tier 4...and now is 5..so amount of damage per shot is,in most cases,verry low. the rate of fire make lfh nasty in fact.true,have his ap and heat shels,but you actualy so anyone using those?

Ringo_Star #11 Posted 14 December 2019 - 04:49 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 63542 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
Because there is so many special people in high tiers that use HE ammo as default. Kv -2  is just collateral damage. I don't mind Kv-2 or OI because they are balanced around their HE guns. They are slow, have poor gun stats and if you get hit by them it is your fault. But, full He e100, 60 tp, Jpze 100, E4, E3 and foch 155 are blight in the higher tiers. Any unskilled player can deal around 400 dmg per shot without aiming. It is just stupid. If Kv2,OI and m4 are price to pay to nerf HE damage in higer tiers, I am 100% fine with that. Great job WG!

Dava_117 #12 Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:16 PM

Major General

• 23365 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRingo_Star, on 14 December 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

Because there is so many special people in high tiers that use HE ammo as default. Kv -2 is just collateral damage. I don't mind Kv-2 or OI because they are balanced around their HE guns. They are slow, have poor gun stats and if you get hit by them it is your fault. But, full He e100, 60 tp, Jpze 100, E4, E3 and foch 155 are blight in the higher tiers. Any unskilled player can deal around 400 dmg per shot without aiming. It is just stupid. If Kv2,OI and m4 are price to pay to nerf HE damage in higer tiers, I am 100% fine with that. Great job WG!

The problem is that non penetrating HE will have damage output similar or even superior compared to what we have now.

It just removed penetration factor and added a new algorithms to find the higher damage possible. In the last iteration of HE the KV-2 was as effective as on live server, even more when shooting at O-Nis and such, as the damage reduction due to armour has been nerfed. On the other hand you can't pepper T67 or Skorpions with HE for better alpha than AP.

adharus #13 Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 67496 battles
  • [TAUR] TAUR

ok,let be cleare..i am not  asking why wg decidet to change this part of game...my qwestion was a specific one,about a specific vehicol,who is basicly dependent of that kind of ammo...my intention in this thread was not to open a debate ...

sure,kv2 efectivness against armoured vehicols will be comparable with what is how,but what keeped this vehicol alive all this years was his ability to oneshot lightly armoured oponents that might rush it over...removing this ability,it will make it unplayable,becose than anny light or med will just crushit with no impunity...oi at least have the armour,and can be decently played with his other gun,that is why i  not  includ it in my post.

Ringo_Star #14 Posted 14 December 2019 - 05:53 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 63542 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL

View PostDava_117, on 14 December 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

The problem is that non penetrating HE will have damage output similar or even superior compared to what we have now.

It just removed penetration factor and added a new algorithms to find the higher damage possible. In the last iteration of HE the KV-2 was as effective as on live server, even more when shooting at O-Nis and such, as the damage reduction due to armour has been nerfed. On the other hand you can't pepper T67 or Skorpions with HE for better alpha than AP.

Well that is sad. I was really hoping they were doing something about mindless HE spam in higher tiers.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Oh just wait until the changes are on CT and more people scream about it. If we complain loud enough, it might get pulled. As has happened before.

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13571 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Daf development imo. The whole HE change feels like creating a problem much bigger than the HE currently is.

divsmo #17 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38353 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Just another fine example of WG being completely out of touch with the playerbase tbh, they'll catch on at some point whether or not it's too late by then we shall see.

adharus #18 Posted 14 December 2019 - 06:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 67496 battles
  • [TAUR] TAUR

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 December 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Oh just wait until the changes are on CT and more people scream about it. If we complain loud enough, it might get pulled. As has happened before.

well,allot of us screamed whend  stun was introduced...wg did not cared...why now would be difreant?...wg stoped caring about what base players whant for a werry long time ago...

Wizardlytube186 #19 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19545 battles
  • [RDDTR] RDDTR

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 14 December 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

I wouldn't be so sure. WG can argue that they didn't change anything about the tank, only one of three available ammo types. :/

shikaka9 #20 Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 73741 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Developers diarrheas brougt so much to us that we not much care anymore what dies next

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users