Tank Tracks problem

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Cobra_Mcsteel #1 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25286 battles

As the title says, this game has huge problem when it comes to tank tracks, mostly with turetless tanks but it does count for all other tanks, every player has found them selfs in a situation when their tracks get blown off again the same moment they used the repair kit and with that they achieved nothing or when caught in the open, constantly getting shot at your tracks, resetting repair timer and unable to do anything, just watching your sad death....there is an easy solution to counter these problems.

1.Tracks blown off the same moment repair kit is used - to counter this simply make tank tracks invulnerable for 2 seconds after using repair kit so they wont get blown off again allowing player to move behind cover safetly

2.Caught in the open and getting your tracks blown off - to counter this problem you should still be able to rotate your tank with the remaining funcional track be it left or right, doing so will pause track repair timer, but when both of your tracks get blown off then your pretty much f***ed and unable to move.

N3rv0u5_M1c0 #2 Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 56071 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA
:facepalm:

ChristOfTheAbyss #3 Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles
Or you know, dont get tracked. Its a skill to keep opponents tracked, and it should stay like it is.

MetaCube63 #4 Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:09 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7283 battles
  • [LD-FR] LD-FR
Git gud

wsatnutter #5 Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:11 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26708 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
all of the above

Cobra_Mcsteel #6 Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25286 battles

yeah "git gud" says the pay to win players with 100k+ gold and unlimited supply of large repairs, if u think bout it this would be good improvment to WoT insted of this crap that is already in the game, gets tracked and dies, how much fun YEEEEEEEEY,.....yeah righ [edited]off....

BR33K1_PAWAH #7 Posted 15 December 2019 - 01:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles
:deer:

Dava_117 #8 Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:06 PM

Major General

• 23365 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCobra_Mcsteel, on 15 December 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

yeah "git gud" says the pay to win players with 100k+ gold and unlimited supply of large repairs, if u think bout it this would be good improvment to WoT insted of this crap that is already in the game, gets tracked and dies, how much fun YEEEEEEEEY,.....yeah righ [edited]off....

He may be a "pay to win players with 100k+ gold and unlimited supply of large repairs", but he is right. This game don't need more dumbing down.

If you feel you get tracked a lot, a part from the basic situation reading skills you should improve, you have several thing that help you: 

1) train your crew with repair skill and then BiA.

2) use 2 repair kit. 1 small and 1 large. You can even don't use the large one, keeping it for just the 15% repair speed bonus.

3) equip a toolbox. It will further increase your repair speed.

4) equip vents to buff repair speed.

5) if you feel like spending, you may also equip the repair crew directive.

You can lower your track repair time to ridiculously low levels using this set up (IIRC you can get under 4 seconds).

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35287 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

I'm with OP, it's a serious problem that WG need to look at fixing.

In a similar vein I have experienced a problem in game where I get shot and take damage and then immediately another enemy player shoots and damages my tank as well, sometimes even three!. I feel this is unfair and the problem is so simple to solve. To counter this simply make my tank invulnerable for 2 seconds after taking any hit so I won't take damage again allowing me time to move behind cover safely.

Fizzymagic #10 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50556 battles
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
No, valid part of the game and something that doesn't need changing. Why not just pack 3 repair kits if it is such a problem.

Cobra_Mcsteel #11 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25286 battles

View PostDava_117, on 15 December 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

He may be a "pay to win players with 100k+ gold and unlimited supply of large repairs", but he is right. This game don't need more dumbing down.

If you feel you get tracked a lot, a part from the basic situation reading skills you should improve, you have several thing that help you: 

1) train your crew with repair skill and then BiA.

2) use 2 repair kit. 1 small and 1 large. You can even don't use the large one, keeping it for just the 15% repair speed bonus.

3) equip a toolbox. It will further increase your repair speed.

4) equip vents to buff repair speed.

5) if you feel like spending, you may also equip the repair crew directive.

You can lower your track repair time to ridiculously low levels using this set up (IIRC you can get under 4 seconds).

SO MUCH HELP it just shows how stupid WG staff is, i already use all of this [Edited] mentioned above and i suggested an improvment to it, people might be saysing that they are aginst it and get skills and use more repairs when in reality they are raging to this same problem them self 

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 15 December 2019 - 06:55 PM.
Removed swearing, even if you did somewhat censor it.

Fizzymagic #12 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50556 battles
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-

View PostCobra_Mcsteel, on 15 December 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

SO MUCH HELP it just shows how stupid WG staff is, i already use all of this [Edited] mentioned above and i suggested an improvment to it, people might be saysing that they are aginst it and get skills and use more repairs when in reality they are raging to this same problem them self 

Stopped raging over this game a long time ago. Like i said getting tracked is a valid part of the game and dont need fixing. Theres plenty more to fix than the ways you are critically hit. Your argument would suggest they take setting on fire, drowning, injured crew etc out of the game. I bet you dont complain when you are tracking enemy tanks.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 15 December 2019 - 06:56 PM.

Orkbert #13 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28780 battles

View PostCobra_Mcsteel, on 15 December 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

As the title says, this game has huge problem when it comes to tank tracks, mostly with turetless tanks but it does count for all other tanks, every player has found them selfs in a situation when their tracks get blown off again the same moment they used the repair kit and with that they achieved nothing or when caught in the open, constantly getting shot at your tracks, resetting repair timer and unable to do anything, just watching your sad death....there is an easy solution to counter these problems.

1.Tracks blown off the same moment repair kit is used - to counter this simply make tank tracks invulnerable for 2 seconds after using repair kit so they wont get blown off again allowing player to move behind cover safetly

2.Caught in the open and getting your tracks blown off - to counter this problem you should still be able to rotate your tank with the remaining funcional track be it left or right, doing so will pause track repair timer, but when both of your tracks get blown off then your pretty much f***ed and unable to move.

Given that the tracks do have hitpoints of their own which have to be whittled down, if you get detracked within two seconds after using the repair kit I daresay then there are so much enemies shooting at you that your tank is going to bite the bullet soon anyways.

Also, keeping an enemy detracked out in the open is a valid tactic in this game, no need to make it more difficult that it is already (most of us have done that personal mission where you have to detrack an enemy and we all noticed that this is not as easy as one might have thought)

Desyatnik_Pansy #14 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

Bartender

• 18799 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostCobra_Mcsteel, on 15 December 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

SO MUCH HELP it just shows how stupid WG staff is, i already use all of this [Edited] mentioned above and i suggested an improvment to it, people might be saysing that they are aginst it and get skills and use more repairs when in reality they are raging to this same problem them self 

Dava (nor myself for that matter) are WG Staff, we're volunteer moderators. Bar the moderator powers on the forums and whatnot, we're literally players just like yourself.

On the topic itself, permatracking while annoying is a completely valid tactic and frankly should remain as is. It already got dumbed down slightly with the regenerating kits, remember the days when you had only one kit to use and so you had to know exactly when to use it in the battle and not waste it at the very start or something? Frankly, usually if I get permatracked outside of sidescraping on a corner and someone who just doesn't want me to return fire, it's completely my own fault and I deserve to be punished for it.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 15 December 2019 - 07:01 PM.

malachi6 #15 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51289 battles

Double tracking is a common tactic,  Removing it would remove a lower-tier tanks ways of dealing with higher tiers.  Agreed it can feel arbitrary when it happens to you, however, it balances out because you can do it to others.

Please do not suggest others think this is a problem when you have no evidence for such.  Your assertion definitely does not apply to me.

Edited by malachi6, 15 December 2019 - 07:28 PM.

Cobra_Mcsteel #16 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25286 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 15 December 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Dava (nor myself for that matter) are WG Staff, we're volunteer moderators. Bar the moderator powers on the forums and whatnot, we're literally players just like yourself.

On the topic itself, permatracking while annoying is a completely valid tactic and frankly should remain as is. It already got dumbed down slightly with the regenerating kits, remember the days when you had only one kit to use and so you had to know exactly when to use it in the battle and not waste it at the very start or something? Frankly, usually if I get permatracked outside of sidescraping on a corner and someone who just doesn't want me to return fire, it's completely my own fault and I deserve to be punished for it.

volunteer moderator or staf it doesnt matter who you are, your job is to foward this to WG and your post just now comes to show how uninterested WG and their staff is in player feedback compared to other game developers that at least take it into consideretion, test on it and then get back to me....shows how [edited] WG is, not even a word of "yes we will look into it, try it out and see what happens....but in reality "oh hey this guy doesnt kow how to play, ill copy pase a pro tip for noobs and tell him to [edited]"

and on the topic itself, the 2 sec invulnerable tracks might be overkill but at lest test out the option to rotate tanks while one track is destroyed and other is funcional, other games like war thunder and armored warfare can do it why not wot? or are you still going to be dumb faced and ignore player feedback/suggestion?

07:59 Added after 1 minute

View Postmalachi6, on 15 December 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

Double tracking is a common tactic,  Removing it would remove a lower-tier tanks ways of dealing with higher tiers.  Agreed it can feel arbitrary when it happens to you, however, it balances out because you can do it to others.

Please do not suggest others think this is a problem when you have no evidence for such.  Your assertion definitely does not apply to me.

Double tracking is NOT acommon tactic, its just broken as hell. you been there and now u act like a tough guy, buzz off

Edited by Homer_J, 16 December 2019 - 01:52 PM.
Swearing

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35287 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostCobra_Mcsteel, on 16 December 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

volunteer moderator or staf it doesnt matter who you are, your job is to foward this to WG and your post just now comes to show how uninterested WG and their staff is in player feedback compared to other game developers that at least take it into consideretion, test on it and then get back to me....shows how retarded WG is, not even a word of "yes we will look into it, try it out and see what happens....but in reality "oh hey this guy doesnt kow how to play, ill copy pase a pro tip for noobs and tell him to suck d**cks"

It's not the mods job to forward every ill thought out brain spasm you might have. 

Nethraniel #18 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 15264 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

volunteer moderator or staf it doesnt matter who you are, your job is to foward this to WG

Nice level of entitlement there. Because one single topic from a single guy crying is around in the forums, this has to be forwarded to the devs? L O L.

Other than that: :popcorn:

jabster #19 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12790 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostNethraniel, on 16 December 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

volunteer moderator or staf it doesnt matter who you are, your job is to foward this to WG

Nice level of entitlement there. Because one single topic from a single guy crying is around in the forums, this has to be forwarded to the devs? L O L.

Other than that: :popcorn:

Obviously every other game developer has given them their own personal hotline.

AmechsRgods #20 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8151 battles

View PostCobra_Mcsteel, on 16 December 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

volunteer moderator or staf it doesnt matter who you are, your job is to foward this to WG and your post just now comes to show how uninterested WG and their staff is in player feedback compared to other game developers that at least take it into consideretion, test on it and then get back to me....shows how retarded WG is, not even a word of "yes we will look into it, try it out and see what happens....but in reality "oh hey this guy doesnt kow how to play, ill copy pase a pro tip for noobs and tell him to suck d**cks"

and on the topic itself, the 2 sec invulnerable tracks might be overkill but at lest test out the option to rotate tanks while one track is destroyed and other is funcional, other games like war thunder and armored warfare can do it why not wot? or are you still going to be dumb faced and ignore player feedback/suggestion?

07:59 Added after 1 minute

Double tracking is NOT acommon tactic, its just broken as hell. you been there and now u act like a tough guy, buzz off

You should hook up with that other annoying whining entitled kid, Greta.. Your inability to avoid getting wtfpwnd and permatracked is not the developers problem. Nor is your whine the moderators problem. You think you are the only one to have ever got perma tracked? Nah boi, you are however the first to whine about it on forums, a game that has been running nearly 10 years, so congrats on that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users