24 replies to this topic

Pandabird #21 Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 39996 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

Overall I think the new batch of premium tanks are quite good for the game

Renegade for instance is strong af but that cupola weakness is very fair

the II has a weak turret but side armor is absolutely epic when you reverse sidescrape. I'm using it as an inferior autoreloader-ish very occasional boom tank

It's all about timing, and since it aims while it's charging the shotgun you can really utilize the mechanic in ways that are like a breath of fresh air.

Try charging shot spam then release just before it fires then just spamming like that, enemies will be stunned by how "timed" the double shot is and wonder how on earth you could "predict 3 seconds"

HassenderZerhacker #22 Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32087 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postbnmm113, on 15 December 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

Soooo.

Just to clear up things, here is my opinion on obj. 703 v. 2

It is a very strong tank that lacks some fundamentals...

You loose a lot of dpm if you dont wait for full reload, as you loose 5 seconds of reloading or more from the next barrel. Also double barrel shot, while exciting isnt really competitive, as it shoots at the moment guns stop charging, making timing shots very hard.

While the armour is great and mobility is ok, neither of theese really hold up against anything shooting gold (unless autoaimed), and is really unreliable...

The best way of using it is as a regular tank, that can at the end of a combat put out another punch.

As a regular tank, it is a very big and easy target for high pen tds and arty...

That is in my opinion and feel free to argue with me (but stay reasonable)

the turret has no weakspots.

at 47%, I guess you are using the tank wrong.

06:17 Added after 1 minute

View PostPandabird, on 16 December 2019 - 03:26 AM, said:

the II has a weak turret

what? my conqueror AX couldn't pen it with gold.

TankkiPoju #23 Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25138 battles

View Postbnmm113, on 15 December 2019 - 06:30 PM, said:

Look, when is3a fires 3loaded shots, it can then reload next ones faster than is3...

No it really doesn't, because everyone uses a rammer in IS-3 and IS-3A can't use rammer, so regular IS-3 loads faster.

TBH I don't know if 703 is stronger or weaker than IS3A but it is a lot more fun to play due to the gun not being so derpy.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 16 December 2019 - 07:58 AM.

HerrWizo #24 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40088 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Not too many games so far in 703 II, but overall I like it. Seems like a mix of IS-3 and Obj 257, with new barrel mechanic. IMO, that second barrel adds very little to the gameplay. It is still best to use the tank as a regular single shot, but with advantage in finishing the enemy first if the opportunity presents itself (that 5s wait between both barrels is quite long, but at least you can fire before other tank reloads).

Boom charge sounds awesome, but in practice it is mostly not very useful. You have to:

- charge 3 seconds, predicting the movement of your own tank and the enemy

- once it is fully charged, it fires automatically, so you don't have any control over releasing the salvo, you can only abort the charge and start charging again from scratch

- in most cases, at least one shot will either miss or bounce, which will reset your reload counter for both barrels in the process

- it can be somewhat reliably used in very close encounters, but even then you better pick soft targets

Basically, the best use of shotgun charge would be to release it into a face of some weakly armored enemy, say, Skorp G :D Preferably with 2xHE, but that likely won't happen in practice. Would be hilarious, though. ;)

Edited by HerrWizo, 16 December 2019 - 11:29 AM.

TankkiPoju #25 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25138 battles

View PostHerrWizo, on 16 December 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

- charge 3 seconds, predicting the movement of your own tank and the enemy

- once it is fully charged, it fires automatically, so you don't have any control over releasing the salvo, you can only abort the charge and start charging again from scratch

But you can pre charge the two shots and choose not to fire at any time without any penalty.

I precharge the two shots if there is any chance for double shot and then just cancel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users