Tier 1 to 4 tanks to be removed from the tech tree?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Vanythe #1 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13989 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

I'd really like some more info on this, if anyone has it

Preview of WoT 2020 plans

Revise vehicle research branches. We intend to revise the composition of vehicles in the tech trees from Tier I to Tier IV in almost all nations. We’ll decrease the number of low-tier tanks in the tech trees, so you can more conveniently switch between different development branches, for example, between medium and heavy tanks. These low-tier tanks will remain in the game, they simply can no longer be researched.

Does this mean that player can research a tier and unlock all vehicles in that tier from tier 1 to 4 or is WG really planning to nuke the low tier tech tree vehicles? The latter would be really disappointing, I happen to quite like the low tiers, even if I only play the gift low tiers, still plenty of fun.

Ratriq #2 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVanythe, on 15 December 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

I'd really like some more info on this, if anyone has it

Does this mean that player can research a tier and unlock all vehicles in that tier from tier 1 to 4 or is WG really planning to nuke the low tier tech tree vehicles? The latter would be really disappointing, I happen to quite like the low tiers, even if I only play the gift low tiers, still plenty of fun.

Oh wait what, oh I've got to quickly research all those low tier tanks so I can have some "rare" tanks in the future :hiding:

Rainbowkiss83 #3 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25063 battles
  • [_HATE] _HATE
Gift low tiers are premium, they cannot remove them

Ratriq #4 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRainbowkiss83, on 15 December 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Gift low tiers are premium, they cannot remove them

"These low-tier tanks will remain in the game, they simply can no longer be researched.:P

Xandania #5 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44420 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

not very nice - Then again they could just streamline them and add those "removed" as optional tanks leading nowhere so that everyone still can access that content

BR33K1_PAWAH #6 Posted 15 December 2019 - 05:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles
Less low tier tanks doesn't mean less tiers, you know.

PowJay #7 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41314 battles

I've got all the tier III and IV vehicles that I think I would want, but will need to consider buying back any that will be removed before it's too late. 

The huge number of proposed changes are going to make the game very different from what the experienced players are used to. Different: yes, but better or worse remains to be seen.

The only potential problems that I can immediately foresee are, potentially longer wait times for lower tier battles as players skip rapidly through more limited branches to tier V, and even more players who have yet to learn anything useful in their rush to the higher tiers.

I'm not going to get all dramatic and state that I'm going to quit, but I've already decided that I'm not going to buy any loot boxes in respect of stocking up on Gold, as I had planned to do.

Ratriq #8 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPowJay, on 15 December 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

I've got all the tier III and IV vehicles that I think I would want, but will need to consider buying back any that will be removed before it's too late. 

The huge number of proposed changes are going to make the game very different from what the experienced players are used to. Different: yes, but better or worse remains to be seen.

The only potential problems that I can immediately foresee are, potentially longer wait times for lower tier battles as players skip rapidly through more limited branches to tier V, and even more players who have yet to learn anything useful in their rush to the higher tiers.

I'm not going to get all dramatic and state that I'm going to quit, but I've already decided that I'm not going to buy any loot boxes in respect of stocking up on Gold, as I had planned to do.

I mean, if this statement is true " These low-tier tanks will remain in the game, they simply can no longer be researched." It simply means from what I understand, you can't research them anymore but they will still exist in the tech tree and can still be bought if researched.

Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

No shortage of OP tanks in tiers 2 to 4.

Will be nice to keep mine and know that new players cannot have them

Sessine #10 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I always had a Box of Toys approach to WoT playing many tanks of all tiers. I bet there are more people who would not mind having more options.

What they should do is streamline the options and make the main grinds easy. Just research all the tier 2 lights sideways from the main one that leads to the lighter medium branch for Germans for example. 

No need to take out tanks.

Ogruls #11 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 45860 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG
Means will be even more  poor games at higher tiers as they speed the process up to getting there without folk learning the game enough, leading to a further declining player base IMHO.

Edited by Ogruls, 15 December 2019 - 06:46 PM.

undutchable80 #12 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13101 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Somebody did a screenshot from the second or third Sandbox iteration where it showed which tanks were removed and which ones stayed. Initially it was thought by the community as lazy coding by WG, but it may well have been a silent test of the upcoming T1-4 changes. Cant seem to find it though. 

PowJay #13 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41314 battles

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 15 December 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

I mean, if this statement is true " These low-tier tanks will remain in the game, they simply can no longer be researched." It simply means from what I understand, you can't research them anymore but they will still exist in the tech tree and can still be bought if researched.

You get me wrong. I may have misunderstood the implications, but let us say, for example, that each tree became something more akin to the original Chinese tree, with only five tanks from tier I to V. Obviously, it takes a lot less time to get to tier V and then research TDs and SPGs, LTs, MTs, and HTs from then on.

There would be- in the most extreme incarnation- only eleven tanks to chose from at each tier, and few people would play them for very long in their rush to tier V and more choice. This would kill tier II to IV off, I would think.

It obviously would not go as far as to have only one branch per nation to tier V, but if it did, the effect would be huge.

I play low tiers often enough that this would have a massive impact on my enjoyment of the game. As noted, I am not saying that I am going to quit, but I am refusing to invest more money in this game- which I did plan to do in the form of Loot Boxes- until I am clear on what 2020 is going to bring- not least of all in respect of the crew changes, which is where the vast majority of my Gold is currently spent.

AeyT #14 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6938 battles
Wait theyre removing low tier tanks from the tech tree? Guess i've got to research and buy them all so i can fill my garage with garbage ultra-rare tanks!

ValkyrionX #15 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

Major

• 55655 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

No alarmism , some vehicles will simply be removed from the tech trees and not removed from the game , it is assumed to become special vehicles.

Simplifying some tech trees seems reasonable and sensible to me.

Bullwerine #16 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 545 battles

Note to self : Get AMX 38 before its too late! 

Never played that one, but it looks so cute & freakish i gotta have one on my garage. 

Vanythe #17 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13989 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

View PostValkyrionX, on 15 December 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

No alarmism , some vehicles will simply be removed from the tech trees and not removed from the game , it is assumed to become special vehicles.

I made this thread to get more info, sorry if it sounds alarming, but my question is: Why? Has anyone complained that there's too many low tiers in the tech tree? Low tiers are the most interesting-looking tanks in my opinion... I mean it's fine if WG wants to streamline the tech tree, but can't these still remain? Also reward vehicle? There's a LOT of tier 2-4 tanks... each becoming reward vehicles makes no sense.

Edited by Vanythe, 15 December 2019 - 07:50 PM.

Bordhaw #18 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15581 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 15 December 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Somebody did a screenshot from the second or third Sandbox iteration where it showed which tanks were removed and which ones stayed. Initially it was thought by the community as lazy coding by WG, but it may well have been a silent test of the upcoming T1-4 changes. Cant seem to find it though. 

Yeah that is true. It was posted here ..  http://forum.worldof...st__p__17326616

PowJay #19 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41314 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 15 December 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

So SPGs will have three shell types. 1. Normal which does HE splash damage and stun as the current shells. 2. Special HE which does more damage when Stun offers no tactical advantage- which is just about every single battle when I play SPG. I am so sick of "That was close" for 100 HP damage with an 800 HP damage shell and stun which NOBODY takes advantage of that I don't see why I would want to use ANYTHING other than special HE- apart from cost.

And 3. As for an SPG armour piercing round: while I am lucky if an SPG shell actually lands in the same grid square as my target, why on earth would I want to use an AP shell that is only useful for a direct hit?

Never mind the fact that I have just loaded an AP round to try and take down a VK 100.01 P and just before I shoot, it is destroyed. So I change to special HE for the two meds that have just appeared and as I load the shell, they too are destroyed. So I switch to AP for the Mauschen that has just appeared and just as I am loaded, it disappears, but two low-armour TDs appear and I fire my AP shell rather than reload- which misses, obviously.

By now, I have loaded three different shells over 95 seconds, and only fired one, which missed and did zero damage. Sounds amazing.

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31789 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

No need to get ones knickers in a twist because

A. It won't effect anyone here since you currently have the option so can unlock them all if you really want and will therefore only effect knew players

B. The idea of removing or watering down lower tiers is needless in any case since a player could go from tier 1->4 in about as many battles, even more so now with the bonus X3 XP for premium accounts(which a new player would get for free) so it's completely needless. Most established players can totally bypass all those tiers with just a little free xp and if anything, with all the new players working their way to top tiers in just a few days of fast grinding where they currently fail hard as an experienced player always will, then if anything MORE grinding would be welcome at lower tiers instead of less.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users