Jump to content


Loot boxes cant be bought as a gift?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ZIL_44 #1 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15236 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012
Is this just temporary? I get the "Unfortunately payment methods cannot currently be used to pay for a gift." message. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35288 battles
  • 5,220
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Glitch, it'll probably sort itself soon. 

Anna_Kalashnikova #3 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:28 PM

    General

  • Moderator
  • 16396 battles
  • 8,128
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostZIL_44, on 15 December 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

Is this just temporary? I get the "Unfortunately payment methods cannot currently be used to pay for a gift." message. 

Try paysafe. You can not use PayPal for gifts, unfortunately. At least that's what it said, when I tried it some time ago.



ZIL_44 #4 Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15236 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostAnna_Kalashnikova, on 15 December 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

Try paysafe. You can not use PayPal for gifts, unfortunately. At least that's what it said, when I tried it some time ago.

Well, I bought yesterday some boxes with PayPal and now I would like to buy some for my friend and it doesnt. I hope it is a glitch because I have no other way of spending money online. 



UrQuan #5 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22238 battles
  • 7,500
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostZIL_44, on 15 December 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Well, I bought yesterday some boxes with PayPal and now I would like to buy some for my friend and it doesnt. I hope it is a glitch because I have no other way of spending money online. 

 Due to scammers in previous years you can't buy the boxes as a gift. Only for yourself with paypal.



Homer_J #6 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33147 battles
  • 36,662
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostUrQuan, on 15 December 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

 Due to scammers in previous years you can't buy the boxes as a gift. Only for yourself with paypal.

 

I bought them as a gift using PayPal this year.

 

There are gifting restrictions on some accounts to help prevent fraud though.



ValkyrionX #7 Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:23 PM

    Major

  • Moderator
  • 55655 battles
  • 2,892
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

Yes, they can be bought and sent as a gift to another player without problems, yesterday I was doing a stream on twitch and a follower of mine made me a surprise by giving me 11 boxes so I think it works correctly.

 

If you have any problems, I believe you can contact the customer service.

 

Maybe it depends on the type of credit card you're using?



Bordhaw #8 Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:04 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15581 battles
  • 5,322
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostZIL_44, on 15 December 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

Is this just temporary? I get the "Unfortunately payment methods cannot currently be used to pay for a gift." message. 

 

It unfortunately depends on which country you are located in. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users