Jump to content


So no lootboxes for me?


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

fenixfirebird #1 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:03 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13571 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

I live in Belgium, and it seems i cant purchase lootboxes.

So is there a way around it for me?

Considering that a few tanks can only obtained by purchasing lootboxes, this sucks.



BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24686 battles
  • 12,473
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010
VPN.

Draqutsc #3 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21652 battles
  • 130
  • Member since:
    11-02-2012

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 15 December 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

VPN.

Then wargamming can terminate your account for purchase under false pretenses.

 



fenixfirebird #4 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13571 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 15 December 2019 - 09:06 PM, said:

VPN.


Does that work? Always thought that you coudnt buy stuff in other countrys.

 



Hayton #5 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:11 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 49959 battles
  • 87
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
I think people have found away around it by setting up another account using a VPN like Tor https://www.torproject.org/download/ for a different country. You then use that "foreign " account to gift you the boxes. Google it and see.

m1x_angelico #6 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26573 battles
  • 1,429
  • [-VETO] -VETO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View Postfenixfirebird, on 15 December 2019 - 09:08 PM, said:


Does that work? Always thought that you coudnt buy stuff in other countrys.

 

 

You can. The risk is on you. Or you can ponder the reasons why your country introduced this law. They didnt do it because they were bored :)



antwerp_fighter #7 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 53935 battles
  • 377
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    01-29-2015

View PostHayton, on 15 December 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

I think people have found away around it by setting up another account using a VPN like Tor https://www.torproject.org/download/ for a different country. You then use that "foreign " account to gift you the boxes. Google it and see.


this,

but remember you have to buy paysafecard to pay those gifts...it`s the only available method you can use to gift, as a new account.



Bulldog_Drummond #8 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34146 battles
  • 11,232
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postfenixfirebird, on 15 December 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

I live in Belgium, and it seems i cant purchase lootboxes.

So is there a way around it for me?

Considering that a few tanks can only obtained by purchasing lootboxes, this sucks.

 

Can you not follow the traditional Belgian route of buying bearer bonds and catching the train to Geneva a few times a year to clip the coupons?



BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24686 battles
  • 12,473
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostDraqutsc, on 15 December 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

Then wargamming can terminate your account for purchase under false pretenses.

 

No...they won't. 



Corrupted_Pling #10 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 51970 battles
  • 969
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

Drive to france... buy it in france

 

ez



Kasseibijter #11 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25585 battles
  • 455
  • [FREEP] FREEP
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011

View Postm1x_angelico, on 15 December 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

 

You can. The risk is on you. Or you can ponder the reasons why your country introduced this law. They didnt do it because they were bored :)

 

Well obviously is not because they have a  dislike of gambling. 

They rather prefer you spend it on the omnipresent National Lotery which caters to every gamblers need. 

And money given to WG leaves the country and cannot be taxed again (and again and again).  



fenixfirebird #12 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13571 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    12-22-2012
Does it work in holland? Because my wife is from there. And i have to go there anyway with Christmas.

TomatoShooter #13 Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:54 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1136 battles
  • 343
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014

View Postfenixfirebird, on 15 December 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Does it work in holland? Because my wife is from there. And i have to go there anyway with Christmas.

Yes.



Kasseibijter #14 Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:04 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25585 battles
  • 455
  • [FREEP] FREEP
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011

View Postfenixfirebird, on 15 December 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Does it work in holland? Because my wife is from there. And i have to go there anyway with Christmas.


My sincere condoleances. 

 

View Postfenixfirebird, on 15 December 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Does it work in holland? Because my wife is from there. And i have to go there anyway with Christmas.


It is not going to work if you use your own account. Have you father / brother / sister in law set up an account and gift them to you. 



hasnainrakha57 #15 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20256 battles
  • 973
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View Postfenixfirebird, on 15 December 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

Does it work in holland? Because my wife is from there. And i have to go there anyway with Christmas.

Well, I don't know much but I can say one thing if you created your account in Belgium your account country is Belgium and even though if u travel to holland your account country will still remain Belgium and all the purchase method will be according to Belgium standard so that might cause problem for u to buy in Holland beacuse it happend to me I travelled to my Homeland but for months my account country never changed BUT FEAR NOT MY FRIEND! you can change your country by simply sending them a ticket from Holland saying you traveled to hollabut my account country is still belgium and they will change your country!

20:34 Added after 2 minute
Ufff this opens another mystery of the belgiums  if they complete santamaus missions will they get those 3x loot boxes or not?

Edited by hasnainrakha57, 16 December 2019 - 09:34 PM.


MetaCube63 #16 Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:04 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7283 battles
  • 125
  • [LD-FR] LD-FR
  • Member since:
    10-14-2016

View Postm1x_angelico, on 15 December 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

 

You can. The risk is on you. Or you can ponder the reasons why your country introduced this law. They didnt do it because they were bored :)

 

Oh really ? 



Ceeb #17 Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:55 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 34170 battles
  • 6,496
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View Postfenixfirebird, on 15 December 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

I live in Belgium, and it seems i cant purchase lootboxes.

So is there a way around it for me?

Considering that a few tanks can only obtained by purchasing lootboxes, this sucks.

 

No know anyone to gift you any? does that work ?



Zmago5000 #18 Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:03 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14683 battles
  • 998
  • Member since:
    11-24-2018
i can buy you lootboxes and gift them to you PM me

SamuraiShakaViking #19 Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11975 battles
  • 138
  • [777PC] 777PC
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016

View Posthasnainrakha57, on 16 December 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

Well, I don't know much but I can say one thing if you created your account in Belgium your account country is Belgium and even though if u travel to holland your account country will still remain Belgium and all the purchase method will be according to Belgium standard so that might cause problem for u to buy in Holland beacuse it happend to me I travelled to my Homeland but for months my account country never changed BUT FEAR NOT MY FRIEND! you can change your country by simply sending them a ticket from Holland saying you traveled to hollabut my account country is still belgium and they will change your country!

20:34 Added after 2 minute
Ufff this opens another mystery of the belgiums  if they complete santamaus missions will they get those 3x loot boxes or not?

 

if only we could do so with regions

 

 



hasnainrakha57 #20 Posted 17 December 2019 - 03:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20256 battles
  • 973
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

View PostSamuraiShakaViking, on 17 December 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

 

if only we could do so with regions

 

 

Ya,I rly hate this region **** almost now a days every online game have one client for all regions and your account data works for and is same for every region it's upto player to choose any region he wants to play in that suits him best regarding pings. I  read on  wot webiste page transferring can happen only when mass number of players wants their account for transfer which will never happen.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users