Stopped with XVM for good (due to Anonymizer)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use anonymizer? (105 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you use anonymizer?

1. YES (58 votes [55.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.24%

2. NO (47 votes [44.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.76%

Vote Hide poll

Murro_the_One #1 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37992 battles

With my 55% winrate im not often target of focus fire but sometimes i am and im glad wg added this feature into the game and im using it from day1.

I was still using the xvm as i was used to the intelligence coming from knowing what to expect from other players.

however xvm team exposed my hypocrisy and they don't allow you to use xvm if you have anonymizer turned on.

so i shut them down and i believe i'm done for good with this crappy mod.

EDIT: it was like addiction and thats why im happy there is something more important

do you use it?

Edited by Murro_the_One, 16 December 2019 - 08:49 AM.

SovietBias #2 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40031 battles
So the mod has become crappy, presumably because you don't use it anymore ?

Murro_the_One #3 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37992 battles

View PostSovietBias, on 16 December 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

So the mod has become crappy, presumably because you don't use it anymore ?

no, its crap and brings a lot of negativity into the game (not for me but in general)

its like alcohol, you drink it even you know its crap :)

AeyT #4 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7370 battles

I use the anonymizer although i wouldn't probably get focused for my stats anyways, if regular players like me didn't use it as well it would be basically pointless.

As for XVM i haven't personally used it in a long time since the stats part of it just tilts me and it's other functionalities can be achieved without using it.

Edited by AeyT, 16 December 2019 - 09:05 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:07 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35764 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
XVM doesn't bring negativity into the game, players do. People like that if they don't have XVM to be toxic about will just find some other excuse to waste oxygen. 

unhappy_bunny #6 Posted 16 December 2019 - 09:28 AM

Brigadier

• 20638 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

I am not using either. 

Stopped using XVM and mods around Easter. 

Ceeb #7 Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34519 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

Been XVM free for years and I see a different trend.   My WR and WN& has actually gone up and I'm recent blue in both.... Never happend before.

I'm enjoying the game more with it gone. If it fecks with the likes of XVM users who adjusts play style on how red the other team is, great.

09:03 Added after 3 minute

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 December 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

XVM doesn't bring negativity into the game, players do. People like that if they don't have XVM to be toxic about will just find some other excuse to waste oxygen. 

Highly disagree here,  XVM causes more greif than any OP BS tank.  I've seen it time and time again, people complaining as the countdown timer is playing.

Murro_the_One #8 Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37992 battles

View PostCeeb, on 16 December 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Highly disagree here,  XVM causes more greif than any OP BS tank.  I've seen it time and time again, people complaining as the countdown timer is playing.

you are both right but correct way is to remove the platform which serves these morons in game so they dont have it easy to express the negativity

Ceeb #9 Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34519 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostMurro_the_One, on 16 December 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

you are both right but correct way is to remove the platform which serves these morons in game so they dont have it easy to express the negativity

I agree,  its the Guns dont kill people argument, people do (i love guns btw)

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostMurro_the_One, on 16 December 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

With my 55% winrate im not often target of focus fire 

How does a player know he is being focused for XVM reasons and not just being focused simply because they are an enemy tank? Sure, sometimes I could indulge in that way of thinking but when I ran a second little experimental account recently which was all purpley and 60%+ win rate, the only difference I notice was teammates, presumably with XVM, followed me around annoyingly and when I asked them to stop following me and why are they following me the answer one of them gave was "because you're good :)" and that was the only form of focusing I can directly peg to XVM which was something I didn't expect.

Focusing from enemy players was pure speculation, maybe they were or were not like I said players will focus a player because they are in their area or play with blinkers on and of course you will ALWAYS get the odd player will just throw in an unexpected yolo no matter what so I never bought into it much tbh. Sure, an arty player would focus me, no matter what account but they had just decided it was going to be me they were going to shoot and wanted to shoot instead of other, imo easier targets and more important targets.

It's definitely better stats are hidden though, just to remove the potential for stat focusing to happen and also any deluded paranoia some players that actually were not stat focused may have. I never used XVM but I most definitely did feel it was a tactical advantage and giving players the ability to see other players stats during a battle should never have featured. Obviously if you know the enemy tank you are facing is controlled by a good player or bad player heavily influences if you push them or not... how you decide to go about situations and same with teammates supporting you, if you can see they are good you are going to make a play more confidently but if you can see they are bad you will probably rethink your next move like you are playing solo with no teammates since they are really bad. I never had this advantage so I didn't like others having it nor did I want to have it. It should be team A vs team B and you play the situations and tanks in front of you, nothing more.  

_cro_magnon #11 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 34516 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 December 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

I can confirm this, I'm not running XVM but I'm still toxic in game.

tumppi776 #12 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 49949 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

View PostTungstenHitman, on 16 December 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

How does a player know he is being focused for XVM reasons and not just being focused simply because they are an enemy tank?

how do you "proof" anything. u dont :child:

once upon a time it just was at times so obvious: multiple green top tiers on flat open ground and red arty chooses to fire a "you" - a bottom tier - hiding on reverse slope

i dont even have that good stats - but still quite often i am top player of the team

Edited by tumppi776, 16 December 2019 - 11:32 AM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #13 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

View Post_cro_magnon, on 16 December 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

I can confirm this, I'm not running XVM but I'm still toxic in game.

+1

dunhyy #14 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23157 battles
  • [S-GUN] S-GUN
Blaming xvm for everything, but is ok the game is perfect.

Murro_the_One #15 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37992 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 16 December 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

How does a player know he is being focused for XVM reasons and not just being focused simply because they are an enemy tank? Sure, sometimes I could indulge in that way of thinking but when I ran a second little experimental account recently which was all purpley and 60%+ win rate, the only difference I notice was teammates, presumably with XVM, followed me around annoyingly and when I asked them to stop following me and why are they following me the answer one of them gave was "because you're good :)" and that was the only form of focusing I can directly peg to XVM which was something I didn't expect.

Focusing from enemy players was pure speculation, maybe they were or were not like I said players will focus a player because they are in their area or play with blinkers on and of course you will ALWAYS get the odd player will just throw in an unexpected yolo no matter what so I never bought into it much tbh. Sure, an arty player would focus me, no matter what account but they had just decided it was going to be me they were going to shoot and wanted to shoot instead of other, imo easier targets and more important targets.

It's definitely better stats are hidden though, just to remove the potential for stat focusing to happen and also any deluded paranoia some players that actually were not stat focused may have. I never used XVM but I most definitely did feel it was a tactical advantage and giving players the ability to see other players stats during a battle should never have featured. Obviously if you know the enemy tank you are facing is controlled by a good player or bad player heavily influences if you push them or not... how you decide to go about situations and same with teammates supporting you, if you can see they are good you are going to make a play more confidently but if you can see they are bad you will probably rethink your next move like you are playing solo with no teammates since they are really bad. I never had this advantage so I didn't like others having it nor did I want to have it. It should be team A vs team B and you play the situations and tanks in front of you, nothing more.  

it might be the paranoia but you never know

what i know that when i play, i heavily utilize the information from xvm in the exact manner as you described

you know that you need to be cautious when dealing with skilled player and you play more carelessly and play for damage when you have more noobish player in front o you

when i played arty i did what any player who uses brain would do if you play for win and not damage -> you do the most damage possible, which means you do damage to those who carry enemy team....so yes, if there are 2 targets i could shoot, i would always shoot the better player or more dangerous tank

im pretty sure it is crappy behaviour and you should not be punished for being able to play better than rest so thats why i feel relieve i put this behind me

Edited by Murro_the_One, 16 December 2019 - 11:49 AM.

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

No I'm not saying it's all paranoia I have no doubt there is stat focusing and most likely this is implemented by better players to focus the better players on the other team and take them out first. What I am saying is it's just not always that obvious and hard to say for sure you were stat focused or just being paranoid.

In reality, while all enemy targets should of course never be ignored and all pose a threat and can shoot you just the same, I can definitely see the sense for players with tank classes offering more freedom to "pick and choose" and use XVM to focus better players on the other team. As you guys are well aware, there is generally just 1-3 players on both teams that do most all the damage and kills, the rest are dither fish, inconsequential unless you allow their numbers to tilt the odds in their favor, so if you cut off the head, the body will follow. In other words, if you pin down or kill the best player/s on the enemy team, the win is much easier and much more fun. Without the good player being a factor in the battle, the other 90% of his team, the headless chickens, will just cluck about and do nothing much about anything. Sure the headless chickens can kill you if you sit in front of their guns and they will grow confidence if their good player is allowed to express his skills and experience but without him... they mostly do nothing and are brushed aside for an easy win so I understand why it would also make sense to focus the good player/s. Just another reason why the game is better off without stats.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #17 Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMurro_the_One, on 16 December 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

you know that you need to be cautious when dealing with skilled player and you play more carelessly and play for damage when you have more noobish player in front o you

If anything, shouldn't that make you think what you could accomplish if you brought your A game against all opponents?

Flicka #18 Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23628 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

I hope what I saw over the few games this weekend has nothing to do with this change.

But I had quite alot of teams just hard camping, like they were too scared to do anything.

If that is something to do with not being able to see stats of some players, well, definitely did not expect that.

Murro_the_One #19 Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37992 battles

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 16 December 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

If anything, shouldn't that make you think what you could accomplish if you brought your A game against all opponents?

im "i dont play for stats but for fun" guy

the playing for perfection is not my thing.

i like doing stupid and reckless activities and win but i want to have a fun.

so in that sense i do my "A game" if im thrilled and shaking after a battle, even it was lost, or won but i had to sacrifice myself to break enemy flank...and such

having the visibility on enemy team capabilities made it easier to judge the level of idiocy i could pull off so now its more challenging

Rainbowkiss83 #20 Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25229 battles
  • [_HATE] _HATE
I used XVM back in time in order to predict a bit how the match would go but overall...tho choose whom to follow in battle 
Being a bit sucky following a proplayer would allow me to leech them kills and sometimes damage :trollface:
But i've quitted this 2 years ago since i was not enought dedicated to bother upgrading the mod and my pc is not so powerful so i go vanilla all the time
Still it was fun sometimes to nuke some "proplayer" being a potato/tomato :playing:

Edited by Rainbowkiss83, 16 December 2019 - 12:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users