Stopped with XVM for good (due to Anonymizer)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use anonymizer? (105 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you use anonymizer?

1. YES (58 votes [55.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.24%

2. NO (47 votes [44.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.76%

Vote Hide poll

Murro_the_One #21 Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37992 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 16 December 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

1-3 players on both teams that do most all the damage and kills, the rest are dither fish,

thats what im saying.

if you really analyze the situation and try to maximize the gain, you end up focusing the best players which is completely reasonable activity but is it right? and only thing which allows you to alter your gameplan is the xvm.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #22 Posted 16 December 2019 - 12:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36325 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostCeeb, on 16 December 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Highly disagree here,  XVM causes more greif than any OP BS tank.  I've seen it time and time again, people complaining as the countdown timer is playing.

Nope. I see vastly more people complaining because they don't like the map, they don't like that they're not top tier, they don't like that the enemy team has x tank and their team has y tank, they don't like [insert ethnic group] players in general and they don't like it that my mum is apparently getting it more than theirs than I ever see complaints about XVM.

Cobra6 #23 Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16609 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSovietBias, on 16 December 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

So the mod has become crappy, presumably because you don't use it anymore ?

It was always a crappy mod....within matches.

It's fine in the garage but it has no business being available within matches.

Cobra 6

Stevies_Team #24 Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18432 battles

Die

be gone from our lives xvm

KinkyTail #25 Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1972 battles

View PostStevies_Team, on 16 December 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

be gone from our lives xvm

They just released the new version today

BugPowderDust #26 Posted 16 December 2019 - 03:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19725 battles
Aside from XVM, is there another mod that shows proxy spot circle? That for me is invaluable and the only thing stopping me from uninstalling XVM completely. I don't think the vanilla client has that particular circle unless I just haven't found it in the settings :amazed:

SovietBias #27 Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40070 battles

View PostCobra6, on 16 December 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

It was always a crappy mod....within matches.

It's fine in the garage but it has no business being available within matches.

Cobra 6

Disagree. Within matches, stuff like map circles, aim direction, spotted tanks, etc etc were the result of XVM team's work, and some still remain - incredibly - unavailable in vanilla.

I like the statistics aspect as well, and it has served me plenty.

Edited by SovietBias, 16 December 2019 - 07:16 PM.

resheph73 #28 Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33470 battles

View PostCeeb, on 16 December 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Highly disagree here,  XVM causes more greif than any OP BS tank.  I've seen it time and time again, people complaining as the countdown timer is playing.

So the toxic complaints are just postponed to 3 minutes after the countdown when the bots all died and the unicums farm damage in the back. 

Robbie_T #29 Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21965 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostMurro_the_One, on 16 December 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

With my 55% winrate im not often target of focus fire but sometimes i am and im glad wg added this feature into the game and im using it from day1.

I was still using the xvm as i was used to the intelligence coming from knowing what to expect from other players.

however xvm team exposed my hypocrisy and they don't allow you to use xvm if you have anonymizer turned on.

so i shut them down and i believe i'm done for good with this crappy mod.

EDIT: it was like addiction and thats why im happy there is something more important

do you use it?

First you use and abuse it and now saying it a crappy mod.....

I really have a dislike on people like you.

Luchs_Luthor #30 Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25315 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I think it's great that people can see their stats outside of battle in order to see how they are progressing but inside of matches, XVM has only negative effects. Plus it basically works in the same way as a cheat since it gives those who have it an advantage over those who don't by providing information that really shouldn't be available.

I have definitely noticed less arty fire coming my way since I started using the Anonymizer. They still come for me sure and definitely do when I make aggressive plays but I find they hound me less when I am in a bad bottom tier tank than they did before.

I've been unable to use mods for nearly two years now and the only one I miss is the auto equipment mod in the garage.

resheph73 #31 Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33470 battles

View PostRainbowkiss83, on 16 December 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

n sometimes to nuke some "proplayer" being a potato/tomato :playing:

Yes indeed it is a good part of the fun, reason why the anonymizer is just the stupidest and laziest way to solve a problem. WOT is a competitive game, stats are part of the fun: getting better, increasing your win ratio, manage to outplay a great player, play the underdog 43%ers team and win vs all green and blue ... hell those are great moments and why that should be gone for few idiots that can easily be tracked and banned? It's like the enemy team chat: a fantastic feature removed because WG is unable to properly punish toxic behavior.  

I've two-shotted quickybaby 2 years ago, I've been on the wrong end of Circonflexes' WTE100 gun and I still have those replays on my drive (probably won't work anymore) because it was fun and it was historic (in wot terms). What's next? Team chat removal as well? 

Element6 #32 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33056 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMurro_the_One, on 16 December 2019 - 12:34 PM, said:

thats what im saying.

if you really analyze the situation and try to maximize the gain, you end up focusing the best players which is completely reasonable activity but is it right? and only thing which allows you to alter your gameplan is the xvm.

I don't think it's right at all, I think that all players should, as far as possible, enjoy the luxury of not being identified by their stats, tomatoes and unicums alike.

Sure, you could argue that from a tactical standpoint, if you are a decent player, it is not wise to go an give support to a 44% player that is likely to deal 1-3 penning shots in the entire battle, but I think that player would appreciate team mates coming to their aid. Likewise, very good players should not have to deal with yolo-rushers, focus fire etc. Maybe the very best players that are the most able to take advantage of the information XVM gives them about the other players might lose 1% WR or something as a side effect, but imo that is a very small price to pay for many people to have a potentially better gaming experience. This is after all a team game, but it doesn't appear that way when players avoid or ignore something like 40% of their own team because they are "baddies", then it becomes a one-man-army situation within a team.

XVM is fine, it is XVM-stats that is the issue, just so we are clear on that.

Balc0ra #33 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 76387 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Not used XVM for close to 3 years now. It's has improved my style vs having a style dictated by what info it game me.

That said, I'm glad XVM did block it. As getting the best of both worlds would be a tad broken.

rancidpunk #34 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53833 battles

I was enjoying an eventual 5k damage game quite innocently as a filthy clicker when I unwittingly became the target of a shitstorm after the battle! I was playing as a clicker in my T9 Yank, aimed at a T54E1 at the base of the hill in Lighthouse and completely missed but little did I know skill4tu was sitting behind him unspotted and took my shell full on. Back in the garage after I got nearly 100 messages accusing me of not only xvm focusing but stream sniping too!

I watched the replay and I did actually hit most of the good players on the enemy team but only because they had pushed round the hill :)

Erwin_Von_Braun #35 Posted 16 December 2019 - 08:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 December 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

XVM doesn't bring negativity into the game, players do. People like that if they don't have XVM to be toxic about will just find some other excuse to waste oxygen.

View PostCeeb, on 16 December 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Been XVM free for years and I see a different trend.   My WR and WN& has actually gone up and I'm recent blue in both.... Never happend before.

I'm enjoying the game more with it gone. If it fecks with the likes of XVM users who adjusts play style on how red the other team is, great.

09:03 Added after 3 minute

I'm with Ceeb here - XVM is the grand facilitator when it comes to toxic behaviour.

DeltaOperator #36 Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:30 AM

Major General

• 28002 battles

Feedback about the Anonymizer should be posted here:

http://forum.worldof...ymizer/#topmost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users