Jump to content


Filling Your Albums.


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

OIias_of_Sunhillow #1 Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:00 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 26664 battles
  • 3,530
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

Clicking on a missing decoration in your albums, will take you to the Decorider, with the red button highlighted, ready to strike for your missing sticker.

 

I've used it a lot the past few days, and the odds of getting that missing sticker, are very good indeed.

My best, I got 9 in a row, on my longest run, and only had to replace duplicates 3 times. Way better than I thought the odds would be.

So maybe save your antiduplicator charges for when you are seriously tight for wriggle room.

 

If you're in a rush, that is, and can't wait to get fancy camos.



Richthoffen #2 Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31099 battles
  • 2,713
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011
still completing last years collection, they are priced by a no. off shards needed

Sirebellus #3 Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:23 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24130 battles
  • 1,123
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

View PostRichthoffen, on 16 December 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

still completing last years collection, they are priced by a no. off shards needed

 

But by getting this years decorations you get extra bonuses to your credit per game



Bordhaw #4 Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:48 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15576 battles
  • 5,322
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostRichthoffen, on 16 December 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

still completing last years collection, they are priced by a no. off shards needed

 

Those are locked until you complete this years collection. 



GodTank2 #5 Posted 16 December 2019 - 10:55 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8964 battles
  • 299
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View PostBordhaw, on 16 December 2019 - 10:48 PM, said:

 

Those are locked until you complete this years collection. 

 

No , they unlock once you reach level 10 atmosphere



FrantisekBascovansky #6 Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35120 battles
  • 889
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

Save antiduplicators for the last days.

It's great you can get 2018 camos for shards, only downside about 2018s is that you can use it on tier 8 and 10 tanks only.



SamuraiShakaViking #7 Posted 17 December 2019 - 02:23 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11975 battles
  • 138
  • [777PC] 777PC
  • Member since:
    04-11-2016
Wasting so many shards to get the 'large decorations' as the boxes didn't drop them..

It's kinda unfair to hike up the costs so crazy much for each large deco

Kinda spoilt the experience .. pity



NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:18 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35287 battles
  • 5,209
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostSamuraiShakaViking, on 17 December 2019 - 02:23 AM, said:

Wasting so many shards to get the 'large decorations' as the boxes didn't drop them..

It's kinda unfair to hike up the costs so crazy much for each large deco

Kinda spoilt the experience .. pity
 

 

The boxes do drop them, you just have to be patient until you get lucky. If you choose to dump all your shards into crafting them early then that was a decision you made, not WG, so there's nothing unfair about it. 



gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:22 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13571 battles
  • 3,653
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
Think I'll go to lvl 10 first, then get last years camo and if there is time remaining will craft the large decoration things

undutchable80 #10 Posted 17 December 2019 - 07:51 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13058 battles
  • 4,340
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014
I filled all 4 of my albums 72/95 for the max credit boost, collected my 1 remaining camo from last year and now not making any more. Play normally, get small boxes, open boxes, reduce to shards, forget. Every decoration you create you could have gotten from the small boxes at a better cost. On the last day, after my last session I will break down my tree and go hunting / crafting my remaining decorations. 

Maauru #11 Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23398 battles
  • 839
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

View Postundutchable80, on 17 December 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

On the last day, after my last session I will break down my tree and go hunting / crafting my remaining decorations. 

Will you lose those bonuses during extension period than?

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/holiday-ops-2020-regs/#period

 

 



jack_timber #12 Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:54 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 42113 battles
  • 3,518
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View PostMaauru, on 17 December 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

Will you lose those bonuses during extension period than?

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/holiday-ops-2020-regs/#period

 

 

January 28th... Well I didn't know that, thanks



undutchable80 #13 Posted 17 December 2019 - 08:58 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13058 battles
  • 4,340
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostMaauru, on 17 December 2019 - 08:47 AM, said:

Will you lose those bonuses during extension period than?

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/holiday-ops-2020-regs/#period

 

 

 

View Postjack_timber, on 17 December 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

January 28th... Well I didn't know that, thanks

No, you wont. The extension period (14-28 January) "remembers" your max level you had during HO. So I will keep my 50% bonus during that two week period even after I break down my decrations applied to my garage. 



Richthoffen #14 Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:51 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31099 battles
  • 2,713
  • [MS-] MS-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2011

View PostSirebellus, on 16 December 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

 

But by getting this years decorations you get extra bonuses to your credit per game

getting this years from the boxes, breaking them to fill last years, so working on both at the same time.

credit boost is not that high, directives will compensate for that if needed, finally bought the E5 with apparently a discount from last years missions as well with a comfy 18 mil still on hand



Corwyn666 #15 Posted 17 December 2019 - 09:56 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7433 battles
  • 31
  • [-IGF-] -IGF-
  • Member since:
    07-16-2016

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 16 December 2019 - 11:02 PM, said:

Save antiduplicators for the last days.

It's great you can get 2018 camos for shards, only downside about 2018s is that you can use it on tier 8 and 10 tanks only.

 

Only Prems 8-10, you can't put them on techtree ones :(

 



DuncaN_101 #16 Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:47 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 57081 battles
  • 3,213
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
If you just fill the albums up to lvl3 you already get a very good credit bonus.
Wich is what I have been doing last year and this.

Now I'm just collecting shards and waiting to fill the rest slowly

Cregan37 #17 Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:58 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9981 battles
  • 101
  • [OLDG] OLDG
  • Member since:
    11-29-2012

View Postundutchable80, on 17 December 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

 

No, you wont. The extension period (14-28 January) "remembers" your max level you had during HO. So I will keep my 50% bonus during that two week period even after I break down my decrations applied to my garage. 

 

Are you sure it will work that way?

 

As I understand:

 

- You empty your tree and destroy all ornaments for a nice shard boost and fill up your album. This must be done BEFORE the end of the festive event, so the game will remember your Festive Atmosphere being 1 (as you took everything off).

 

OR

 

- Keep you Festive Atmosphere at 10 until the end of the event, but then lose the ability to use the decorider because the event is over.



FrantisekBascovansky #18 Posted 17 December 2019 - 10:59 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35120 battles
  • 889
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

View PostCorwyn666, on 17 December 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

 

Only Prems 8-10, you can't put them on techtree ones :(

 


It's actually tier 8 premiums and tier 10 techtree tanks. I have Tempered Glass camo on my techtree tier 10.



undutchable80 #19 Posted 17 December 2019 - 11:16 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13058 battles
  • 4,340
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostCregan37, on 17 December 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

 

Are you sure it will work that way?

 

As I understand:

 

- You empty your tree and destroy all ornaments for a nice shard boost and fill up your album. This must be done BEFORE the end of the festive event, so the game will remember your Festive Atmosphere being 1 (as you took everything off).

 

OR

 

- Keep you Festive Atmosphere at 10 until the end of the event, but then lose the ability to use the decorider because the event is over.

Both assumptions are wrong. ;)

 

Empty and destroy all ornaments in your garage and complete collections as much as possible before HO ends: 14 January 0600 UTC (so destroy your tree etc the evening of 13 January). The credit bonus is extended to 28 January 0600 UTC and remembers which festive / bonus level you reached during HO. 

 

Watch from timestamp 06:20 to about 06:40

 

Restrictions:

  • - the extension only takes effect if you’ve reached Festive Atmosphere level V or higher.
  • - the credit bonus applies only to vehicles that are currently placed in your Holiday Ops Vehicles slots (so it wont apply to premium tanks or those tanks that are not in the slot, unlike during the HO event itself)

Edited by undutchable80, 17 December 2019 - 11:17 AM.


facmanpob #20 Posted 17 December 2019 - 12:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4630 battles
  • 324
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    05-06-2013

View PostRichthoffen, on 16 December 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

still completing last years collection, they are priced by a no. off shards needed

2019 and 2018 collections seem to be pretty cheap to complete. I'm tempted to use my shards to complete last year's and leave this year's for next year, if that makes any sense whatsoever :)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users