lorr 40t worth it?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

wAr_God_11 #1 Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24156 battles
  • [EVILC] EVILC

so i always wanted this tank, love my bc25t,should i buy it or not in current meta.

also many of u will say to get progetto but i did't get it from loot boxes and only got gold for 1 tank. plus i doubt it will be as advent calendar offer since it was available from loot boxes.

some question i have

1.how is the gun handling

2.can it snapshot

3.how is the mobility, is it agile or moves like HT

4.workable camo?

5.is it like the tank where u perform okaish but u end up with really low winrate (e4 line for me)

6.how many shots can i expect to hit at long range(from old threads where people say it misses from 50 m every time)

anything else u would like to add to it, i m ready to listen.

it will be extremely helpful if u can tell which tank is almost like it in each question :)

edit- i know there are many old topics related to it, but i wanted fresh opinions .this will only stay till the offer is available, u can delete this as soon as tomorrow's offer comes out.

Edited by wAr_God_11, 18 December 2019 - 07:33 AM.

wsatnutter #2 Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:50 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 27001 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
so far the consensus is 50/50

Three_Rounds_Rapid #3 Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47035 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
Your mileage may vary etc, but I like it, good mobility, good accuracy, never find the need to fire gold, just have to be aware of your position and reload time so as not to get caught isolated, makes a lot of credits. (My 2cents worth as a only slightly above average player who seems to do better in auto/clip mediums).

sgtYester #4 Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58720 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF
yep, its a nice overall med.  can it snapshot...  not really. but it is a nice mobile autoloader.  

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54945 battles

I own both the Progetto and the Lorraine 40T.

I enjoy both.

In randoms the Lorraine 40T is by far the better silver earner in my hands.

In Frontlines Progetto is always my first choice and the Lorraine 40T is generally second choice, sometimes third depending on circumstances compared to the T44-100.

I like the Lorraine 40T and feel happy recommending it.

It is not OP.

It is balanced.

It is not the worst tier VIII medium, nor is it the best

If you want to train up a French medium crew it's great, and my bat chat crew are getting close to their sixth perk finishing.

Questions;

1.how is the gun handling  - large bloom

2.can it snapshot - no unless very close

3.how is the mobility, is it agile or moves like HT - surprisingly fast and agile

4.workable camo? - no far to large and tall

5.is it like the tank where u perform okaish but u end up with really low winrate (e4 line for me) - yes

6.how many shots can i expect to hit at long range(from old threads where people say it misses from 50 m every time) - you need to be sure that the reticle is as small as it will go and then you will hit at range, but without the patience to wait shots will be missed.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 18 December 2019 - 08:36 AM.

PauI #6 Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33365 battles
  • [ROLS] ROLS

I marked both Lorr40t and Progetto, I play this pair when I activate credit reserve, progetto primary lorr40t secondary, Proggeto is easyer to play, more flexible even if the pen is lower, I play both with optics so I also use them for spotting. Lorr40t gun handelig is not as good, does not snap, bigger silhouette, better pen, better alfa and clip, just as fast but was harder mark than progetto

my conclusion is this pair is just the best, if I was to chose one I would chose maybe proggeto, but Lorr40t is still a great pick and I like to play it

another thing the makes the lorr40 much harder to play is the "auto loader syndrome" (urge to empty clip)

Edited by PauI, 18 December 2019 - 09:12 AM.

falcon_96 #7 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26963 battles
I really like my lorry, i did most of the last year SU marathon playing it, and in FL this year it was my go-to med along with the progetto, gun handling however is not great, and since it is autoloader it is even more painful to miss a shot, that is why it is one of the few meds i run without optics, mounting vents, stabilizer and GLD instead.

RANDOM_PLAYER123 #8 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18645 battles

Very good mobility, better than most tanks, can do 60

Gun can't snapshot, it needs to aim in

Miles more adaptable than the Somua and 1200 Alpha on tap

If you want it it should make you happy

wAr_God_11 #9 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24156 battles
  • [EVILC] EVILC
does its gun handling comes near to bc25t??

Edited by wAr_God_11, 18 December 2019 - 11:41 AM.

1ucky #10 Posted 18 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 91711 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

It needs to aim a bit.

But it's precise enough then.

If you'd like to have a premium that earns some credits while training your BC25t crew, this is the proper one.

ThorgrimBrenadim #11 Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36941 battles

Had the Lorr 40t on free rental for a week and was ok and by that I mean with a basic crew it is ok but as the crew become more skilled it will start to really shine imo.

So been waiting for this for a while now and though not cheap ( these pixels are so way over priced it is daylight robbery ) I did buy it with the gold I had. Mainly because I received gold in FL and also I had one of those very rare discounts that apply to even bundles so bought a 90 day premium and FV4202 bundle for which I already had the tank so got the gold instead.

Now to start training the crew up and then it will be a good complement to my prog and T44-100 both being my main credit earners.

So imo is it worth buying and lets say you have the prog and the skoda T27 I still think it is, especially if they keep doing FL but not as your start tank sometimes it can be for a certain map location a better tank than the prog. In randoms on some maps it was better than prog on others not so. For me it is more vulnerable than prog it is less flexible but it packs a bigger punch in the clip there are times in the prog you go in and now you can only fire one shot and have to wait for the reload before releasing 3 shots this is when the Lorr wins out .

Others can answer re it's gun handling when compared to BC25t as I am working towards that tank but it is not as good as the prog but then I have a pretty highly skilled crew in the prog and you do feel the difference.

So_So_English #12 Posted 18 December 2019 - 02:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11160 battles
  • [PTS] PTS

does it involve giving wg money?

if so its not worth it

Axarn #13 Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29421 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostF2PEXP, on 18 December 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

does it involve giving wg money?

if so its not worth it

Could you please be constructive and explain why you think the Lorr. 40T it is not worth the money?
Why do you believe WG is not worthy of money?

The_Naa #14 Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Lorr 40t imo is a solid tank but it needs some practise if you dont know how to work autoloaders.

it can be an aggressive medium that can rush with the others but you need to stop and back up once your clip is empty to reload.

if your team mates understand what you are trying to say once you notify them with the ''Reloading for 30 seconds'' they will stand by our side and try to fend off the enemy until your gun is back in the game.

if they dont they usually either. rush alone and die alone and send angry messages to you asking why you left them alone. or they flee and leave you alone where your 1200 burst cant handle 1v1 medium fight of equal tier.

i find it best when playing solo to rush to a good bush or cover that over looks a key point of the map and start sniping and only go man fight things when they are under 1000HP

when tooning i can be more aggressive as i know my friends will not fade away.

wAr_God_11 #15 Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24156 battles
  • [EVILC] EVILC
thanks for the answers guys, bought it, gun handling feels better than bc25t plus its way too agile for a big tank,loving it so far .:)

hoveruss #16 Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21744 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO
I don't have the Progetto, but just got the Pantera - and realised what I've been missing. I did quite enjoy the Lorraine but it simply has no advantage over the Pantera which is generally accepted as inferior to the Progetto. The auto-reloader mechanic is just so much more powerful. In short, I want a Progetto now! :-)

RANDOM_PLAYER123 #17 Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18645 battles

I found it great as a backup tank for brawling support

The heavies have an exchange

As they disengage you pop up and unload1000+ at them

...then scurry away to reload

...2 mins later you have to race across the map to help a flank

The Lorr is very flexible

RaxipIx #18 Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36056 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Really enjoy the tank, and the mobility + high pen decent clip,  down time is workable not like the BC 25 Ap . So it's a really deadly tank , early you can clip people that make mistakes.

Mid game can change flank/push flank/ run away.

In the end game you can pretty much solo kill tanks that are on half HP and you have enough hp to take a shot or 2.

Also being a fast mobile med with a clip, you don't suffer that much from MM like a bottom tier HT for ex, and it can hold it's ground in FL  without any problems.

It has ok view range so with optics+ food you can spot for yourself without too much of a hassle.

The gun is a little bit on the derpy side, still workable, even at long range  but the tank shines at mid /short distances the most.

If you like clipper tanks the lorrain is for sure worth it.

Axarn #19 Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29421 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRaxipIx, on 18 December 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Really enjoy the tank, and the mobility + high pen decent clip,  down time is workable not like the BC 25 Ap . So it's a really deadly tank , early you can clip people that make mistakes.

Mid game can change flank/push flank/ run away.

In the end game you can pretty much solo kill tanks that are on half HP and you have enough hp to take a shot or 2.

Also being a fast mobile med with a clip, you don't suffer that much from MM like a bottom tier HT for ex, and it can hold it's ground in FL  without any problems.

It has ok view range so with optics+ food you can spot for yourself without too much of a hassle.

The gun is a little bit on the derpy side, still workable, even at long range  but the tank shines at mid /short distances the most.

If you like clipper tanks the lorrain is for sure worth it.

Ok, now you have my attention.
I've purchased 2x 75 boxes and i am all excited!

i've got 2 tier VIII tanks (703 and E75TS), a few tier VI and lower (cant believe the amount of double crap i had in those boxes, but heyyyy its gold..

in the previous days i have purchased the Strv S1, Skoda T-27, LT-432 & AMX 13 57. But i want the Progetto (and the KV-2R) .
Anyway long story shot. Got 30k gold left. is Lorr 40t worth it, you know the 10.700 gold, or should i just convert my gold into hard cash so i can purchase the IS-4, T110E4, E50M or Badger?

Pansenmann #20 Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37329 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Never, ever Change Golds to Credits.

I am also debating with myself whether I should get me that lorraine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users