SPOTING-DETECTION TIME POLL

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: SPOTING-DETECTION TIME (27 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to have the instant detection/spoting back instead of the 2 seconds delay?

1. YES (8 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. NO (20 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Hide poll

I_____ZoD____I #1 Posted 18 December 2019 - 04:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10972 battles
  • [HR-K] HR-K

I believe that originally WoT had an instant spoting/detection real time and for who knows what reason it was made/changed to 2 seconds.

Having a 2 seconds delay is a disadvantage for the players because when you find out that you have been spoted...you already got hit many times and sometimes could end also directly with your tank destroyed if several tanks are aiming at you. The reaction time for the player detected at the end is way more than 2 seconds since the player time reaction and aim to fire back will go easy to 4 seconds and more according to the situation.

There are no games online, no franchise, that will give 2 seconds advantage to another player, its just ridiculous and makes no sense whatsoever, can you imagine a CoD or BF or other shooters having a 2 seconds handicap?

I believe also that besides of other many reasons, one of the reasons we get so many unbalanced games with ridiculous scores like 0-15 / 1-15 / 2-15 is part also of these 2 seconds delay.

The poll is made to see if players find it normal to have a 2 seconds handicap and if the original spoting/detection was better and makes more sense and logic.

DangerMouse #2 Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30439 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

Well it annoyed me that I couldn't comment on the poll thread.

There are some inaccuracies that need addressing.

Originally there was NO indication that you were spotted until you were hit, the game has already been made easier by the introduction of Sixth Sense, reducing the activation time to zero is a bad idea.

DM

Balc0ra #3 Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I just found the COD & BF comparison funny. As there you are always spotted, but rather have to be marked. And you get zero warning if you are before the fire hits you to argue on the 3 second delay advantage there if you sit in an overwatch position and get marked by a recon unit with 10+ guns noticing. So he was right, no other games give you a 2 sec advantage if you look at it that way.

In WOT if he was not spotted and was looking at enemy guns turning towards him to fire before his 6th sense went off. It simply meant he did not use his 3 sec advantage, or was in a bad spot.

Wintermute_1 #4 Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52421 battles

Pretty sure theres always been a spotting delay since I started playing in 2013, so he has to be going back a long time.

Btw, agree with DM it is annoying when a poster opens a thread, has his rant then closes the thread to any other comment. 

Ratriq #5 Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Oh my god, thank you for opening this thread, annoyed the hell out of me not being able to comment on his rant cause of how unconstructive and bad it was... So here we go cause now I have to write something about it:

-First off, it would be waaay too OP to know exactly when you are detected and probably increase camping by quite a bit, people would be able to make tons of mistake and bad moves and still be fine by withdrawing before the enemy could react themself.

-Second of all, more logical and makes more sense? What's even logical by the whole sixth sense ability, since when was it even a bit logical to know exactly when you are spotted by another person, you never know those things until it's too late.

-Third, must be the most laughable thing I've heard in a while, comparing some brainless shooters and "all video games" to a strategical arcade game. What about War Thunder? The game which is one of the most "similar" games to how World of Tanks is played. You will never know if you are spotted there, you can get one-shot and never even have known you were spotted.

Ahh, that feels good to finally be able to write my thoughts on that thread...

Edited by RetroCh1cken, 18 December 2019 - 09:54 PM.

Homer_J #6 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:13 PM

Field Marshal

• 33127 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There used to be a rule against poll only threads but it disappeared somewhere along the line.

I could try and merge the threads.  The original is full of fallacies which we might help the poster understand.

21:17 Added after 3 minute
Topics merged and unlocked for discussion.
21:21 Added after 8 minute

View PostI_____ZoD____I, on 18 December 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

I believe that originally WoT had an instant spoting/detection real time and for who knows what reason it was made/changed to 2 seconds.

This is the first thing you got wrong.

The frequency of spotting checks always depended on distance with further points being checked less often.

Some time ago the frequency of these checks was increased, not decreased.

You used to be able to drive quite some distance between spotting checks even at short ranges.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users