Shot release mechanic for double barrel tanks is re-tar-ded

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Razzupaltuff #1 Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 44920 battles
  • [X_MAN] X_MAN
When firing a single shot, there is a noteable delay before the shot goes off. This is not the case for single barrel tanks. There is absolutely no reason for this. The shot should go off as soon as the mouse button is released. But it does not. Why? The game is probably checking whether the player is trying to do a double shot, but that is bollox. As soon as the button is released, there is no need for checking whether the player might be trying to do a double shot.

Jumping_Turtle #2 Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:25 PM

General

• Player
  • 71621 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostRazzupaltuff, on 18 December 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

When firing a single shot, there is a noteable delay before the shot goes off. This is not the case for single barrel tanks. There is absolutely no reason for this. The shot should go off as soon as the mouse button is released. But it does not. Why? The game is probably checking whether the player is trying to do a double shot, but that is bollox. As soon as the button is released, there is no need for checking whether the player might be trying to do a double shot.

If you bind the double shot to another key, this delay is gone. Sounds stupid I know, but it works.

LethalWalou #3 Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33474 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP
Did you know that there is a setting to reassign the ''fire salvo'' key to another key so that there is no delay. The game has these little red dots indicating something has changed and they lead you to what has changed, maybe you should follow those, as should many others.

Spurtung #4 Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76259 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
Not this again...

Bordhaw #5 Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15581 battles

View PostRazzupaltuff, on 18 December 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

CrySpy #6 Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25610 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
You badmouth the mechanic for being stupid, but you couldn't even figure out to rebind it yourself. I wonder what's actully stupid here :B

Temid23 #7 Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 59083 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

View PostRazzupaltuff, on 18 December 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

I have both bind on same key and 0 problems... You sir have very heavy finger or something very wrong with mouse settings. Try to shoot with tapping lmb only or rebind the key for something else.

Schepel #8 Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66757 battles

View PostTemid23, on 18 December 2019 - 09:34 PM, said:

I have both bind on same key and 0 problems... You sir have very heavy finger or something very wrong with mouse settings. Try to shoot with tapping lmb only or rebind the key for something else.

Since pretty much everyone is reporting the same issue I very much doubt it is due to a heavy finger or whatever other nonsense you feel like bringing up.

There is a solution, but it is anything but intuitive so bathmouthing somebody for not seeing the magic answer straightaway is bad form indeed.

Panzerbane #9 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49827 battles
  • [-SWG-] -SWG-

The firing system for the Object 703 is at best clumsy and at worst lethal to the player driving it.

Having the LMB fire a single shot by employing a swift dab on/off on the left button and also having to hold down LMB to prepare a double shot (after 5sec) all to often results in getting an unintended double shot into the wild blue yonder.

Why?  Because in normal play with any other gun in the game hitting the LMB results in an instantaneous shot being fired but with the Obj 703 there is a noticeable delay between hitting the LMB and the gun firing.

Result?  I find that I then continue to depress the LMB waiting for the gun to fire, but the bloody thing then goes into double barrel shot preparation (with a 5sec delay) during which my target has ducked back out of sight before the double shot cycle completes and the shots go wild.  I'm then stuck with a 23sec reload and die with empty guns....

Solution?  Have a key to select double shot that SAVES the setting until a single LMB dab fires both barrels, then resets to single shot. IMHO "SPACE" would be a good choice for this action.

LethalWalou has stats I can only dream of, but he has no games in this tank.  If he had he may appreciate how bad this situation is for mere mortals.

Spurtung #10 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76259 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostBordhaw, on 18 December 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

Mr_Burrows #11 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50652 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

Ok, so how to do it then? 

(asking for a friend, because having someone answering "under settings, sights, in game" would prolly be too much work)

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 18 December 2019 - 10:30 PM.

LethalWalou #12 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33474 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostPanzerbane, on 18 December 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

but he has no games in this tank.  If he had he may appreciate how bad this situation is for mere mortals.

I actually have games in it... well 1 game which ended abruptly due to the server crosshair bug bugging me out. But the point still stands, the only point I made, is that there is a setting for rebinding the salvo to another key. I'm not commenting how it affects the playing but I assume most are fine with it. I put mine on Q but will see what I do with it once I play it. Best bet is to put it on some of the mouse keys.

DuncaN_101 #13 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57081 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

Ow look... Thread number how much about this?

To be fair WG could have been a bit more forthcoming with info on this new gimmick 

Edited by DuncaN_101, 18 December 2019 - 10:39 PM.

Temid23 #14 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 59083 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

View PostSchepel, on 18 December 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Since pretty much everyone is reporting the same issue I very much doubt it is due to a heavy finger or whatever other nonsense you feel like bringing up.

There is a solution, but it is anything but intuitive so bathmouthing somebody for not seeing the magic answer straightaway is bad form indeed.

OK...

1 Everyone = how many people. Please check and while doing that also check how many of that everyone don't have this issue.

2 read the title of this topic... speaking about quote "bathmouthing"

3 I have this issue only when i press start pressing button before (single shot) reload ends. If I wait for reload and just tap the button it works OK. Logical conclusion from this is one of two things: Might be the problem caused by some settings (game, mouse, mods...) or might be the user problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users