Jump to content


20% damage for HT-15 Stug Mission


  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

LZ_Mordan #1 Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:57 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17109 battles
  • 378
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

I want to complete it with honour.

 

is it 20% along with platoon members? Because alone that seems impossible

 



NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:03 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35288 battles
  • 5,220
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Basically you have to get a high calibre medal, so not impossibility, just needs a good game. 

Balc0ra #3 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74936 battles
  • 21,619
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Nope, the platoon missions were taken out. So it's all solo. It's basically a high caliber with 4K combined on the blocked, damage taken and done. So no.. not that impossible depending on tank and tier. As in a Maus, 20% is a fair bit in a pure tier X game, but blocking is easy. On the O-I 20% is easier, but 4K combined might be more tricky depending on MM.

LZ_Mordan #4 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:12 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17109 battles
  • 378
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 December 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

Nope, the platoon missions were taken out. So it's all solo. It's basically a high caliber with 4K combined on the blocked, damage taken and done. So no.. not that impossible depending on tank and tier. As in a Maus, 20% is a fair bit in a pure tier X game, but blocking is easy. On the O-I 20% is easier, but 4K combined might be more tricky depending on MM.

 

its impossible

 

i have Maus, E100, AMX 50 B

 

and many other HT.. very easy to get 4k.. but 20% damage SOLO ????????????????????????? 20%?????? That's like at least 5k damage in a bloody heavy Tier 9 when top tier!!! Impossible with all T10 games.... The 4k damage condition is totally irrelevant.. 

 

Its only a stupid stug mission.

 

They didn't update the conditions. it was 20% in platoons... now solo thats impossible.


Edited by LZ_Mordan, 18 December 2019 - 11:13 PM.


strv_varjager #5 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6919 battles
  • 174
  • Member since:
    08-14-2019

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 18 December 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

 

its impossible

 

i have Maus, E100, AMX 50 B

 

and many other HT.. very easy to get 4k.. but 20% damage SOLO ????????????????????????? 20%?????? That's like at least 5k damage in a bloody heavy Tier 9 when top tier!!! Impossible with all T10 games.... The 4k damage condition is totally irrelevant.. 

 

Its only a stupid stug mission.

 

They didn't update the conditions. it was 20% in platoons... now solo thats impossible.

 

I did it in the Tiger II, cause recieve and block a total of 4000 damage is not much, 20% of the total damage caused by your team sounds more than it is. Im sure you do that more often than you for an example, ram a tank or set a tank on fire.

 

Right now im stuck at the T28 HTC mission HT-12 sturdy armor, block equal to 2 times the hit points of the tank and do 1k damage survive and win. Usually i end up blocking up to 2k and the game is won or i die. I dont think Caernarvon is good enough for that mission, too much hp too little trollish armor. I dont have a good low tier tank but in a low tier tank the 1k damage might be a problem.



GodTank2 #6 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9011 battles
  • 309
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 18 December 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

 

its impossible

 

i have Maus, E100, AMX 50 B

 

and many other HT.. very easy to get 4k.. but 20% damage SOLO ????????????????????????? 20%?????? That's like at least 5k damage in a bloody heavy Tier 9 when top tier!!! Impossible with all T10 games.... The 4k damage condition is totally irrelevant.. 

 

Its only a stupid stug mission.

 

They didn't update the conditions. it was 20% in platoons... now solo thats impossible.

 

If the enemies have 20k hp combined which is the case in most tier 9 games you only have to do 4k to do it. 4k dmg is like 1 in 5 games in a tier 9 and even if its 5k thats 1 in 10 games



Orkbert #7 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:44 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 28798 battles
  • 2,288
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 18 December 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

 

its impossible

 

. now solo thats impossible.

 

Ahem:

 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/2368385#stats

 

(I concede this was when the O-I had 175mm front armor, but then again back then HT-15 for the StuGIV also needed 6K combined by damage blocked, suffered and caused)

 



Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:47 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 18799 battles
  • 27,179
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 18 December 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

its impossible

 

i have Maus, E100, AMX 50 B

 

and many other HT.. very easy to get 4k.. but 20% damage SOLO ????????????????????????? 20%?????? That's like at least 5k damage in a bloody heavy Tier 9 when top tier!!! Impossible with all T10 games.... The 4k damage condition is totally irrelevant.. 

 

Its only a stupid stug mission.

 

Don't try for it in Tier Xs then. 4k combined done, blocked and received is fairly easy to do in Tier VII/VIII With a decent game, wherein the requirements for 20% Are going to be far less. 

 

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 18 December 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

They didn't update the conditions. it was 20% in platoons... now solo thats impossible.

 

Was it? I only ever recall #13/14 Missions having platoon-based objectives, not the #15.



LZ_Mordan #9 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:53 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17109 battles
  • 378
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012
might be doable in a KV-2.. But it feels dirty. spamming gold in a Tier 6 game for this stug mission
22:55 Added after 2 minute
from the comments, its seem feasible.. dunno why the 20% seems so much

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:56 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 18799 battles
  • 27,179
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 18 December 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

might be doable in a KV-2.. But it feels dirty. spamming gold in a Tier 6 game for this stug mission
22:55 Added after 2 minute
from the comments, its seem feasible.. dunno why the 20% seems so much

 

I wouldn't use KV-2 For it to be honest, too unreliable. T29 Is IMO The best option. 



LZ_Mordan #11 Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:40 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17109 battles
  • 378
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View Poststrv_varjager, on 18 December 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

 

I did it in the Tiger II, cause recieve and block a total of 4000 damage is not much, 20% of the total damage caused by your team sounds more than it is. Im sure you do that more often than you for an example, ram a tank or set a tank on fire.

 

Right now im stuck at the T28 HTC mission HT-12 sturdy armor, block equal to 2 times the hit points of the tank and do 1k damage survive and win. Usually i end up blocking up to 2k and the game is won or i die. I dont think Caernarvon is good enough for that mission, too much hp too little trollish armor. I dont have a good low tier tank but in a low tier tank the 1k damage might be a problem.

 

i did HT-12 with Maus before nerf.

 

started playing again not a long time ago.. I tried HT-12 for T55-A. Its such a pain now.. Gold is flying all the time. I used an order. Its the only order currently in use.

 

Armor means crapnowadays unless you have a russian turret.

 

I have 1200 games in the Maus. I don't play it anymore.. Its pure pain. Maus Cheese every single game.. Again.. Game is gone to crap. Armor dimension is gone.

Hopefully ammo rebalance will fix it. otherrwise I will quit again.



UrQuan #12 Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:19 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22250 battles
  • 7,500
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

Generally HT 15 with honours is aiming for a double award: Steel wall & High caliber. Not impossible, but it does need a good game. Tier 8 offers a good balance imo if you got an armored T8 tank. T9 can work as well & advantage of that tier is that even when not toptier your armor still counts for something.

If you got VK 100 unlocked, you could get this tank to gun for that mission?

 

Maus would need a great game to do it due to the high amount of HP at tier X so getting 20% of the red team HP as damage is gonna be hard. Still driving the Maus here & feel it is pretty resistant to prem ammo spam. But main issue with Maus & High caliber is the speed, tank is often just too slow to get in on the endgame damage farming in successful games thereby missing out o alot of potential damage.



Spurtung #13 Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:55 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 76259 battles
  • 7,206
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 18 December 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

its impossible

(...)

but 20% damage SOLO

(...)

They didn't update the conditions. it was 20% in platoons... now solo thats impossible.

 

Your High Calibers on HT:

7 on Maus

1 on E100

9 on E75

5 on VK 45.02 B

4 on AMX 50 120

3 on AMX 50 100

5 on Tiger I

1 on KV-85

1 on KV-2

1 on ARL 44

4 on BDR G1 B

2 on O-I Exp.

 

 

 

"Impossible", "you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

 

Also, platoon missions, when they were still around, were just for #13 and #14, never for other missions.


Edited by Spurtung, 19 December 2019 - 02:10 AM.


strv_varjager #14 Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6919 battles
  • 174
  • Member since:
    08-14-2019

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 19 December 2019 - 12:40 AM, said:

 

i did HT-12 with Maus before nerf.

 

started playing again not a long time ago.. I tried HT-12 for T55-A. Its such a pain now.. Gold is flying all the time. I used an order. Its the only order currently in use.

 

Armor means crapnowadays unless you have a russian turret.

 

I have 1200 games in the Maus. I don't play it anymore.. Its pure pain. Maus Cheese every single game.. Again.. Game is gone to crap. Armor dimension is gone.

Hopefully ammo rebalance will fix it. otherrwise I will quit again.

 

I completed the T28 HTC: HT-12 the other day with Caernarvon, Mines with alot of heavies no artillery tier 8-9 matchmaking, everyone went mid i got hull down, bounced i think 4,7k damage on my turret, i only did 1,6k damage after shooting ALOT, so everyone had bad rng. HT 13/14 was easy, HT 15 i did manage to complete quite fast as soon as i got to be top tier.

 

From my experience any missions that includes bouncing alot is all about luck and nothing else.


Edited by strv_varjager, 22 December 2019 - 01:52 PM.


mjs_89 #15 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9362 battles
  • 1,016
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017
I got it in the IS-3A in -2 MM on Ensk, just held down W and plouwed through tier 6 tanks at full speed.

frange #16 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:12 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 31340 battles
  • 47
  • [FRNR] FRNR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013

It was several years since i did that mission - but does it require a win?

 

I have tons of matches were we did loose with me doing more damage than the second, third and fourth tank together - like 2000-2500dmg with the O-i and 1000+ bounced while the next best did sub 500. With at least 1/3 of team ending up with 0 dmg done. 
Ofc our team were slaughtered in the first minutes and I was the last one left taking out several of enemies trying to rush me before i got rekd. And me doing more than 50% of total team dmg.

 

Those kind of missions where you dont require a win is quite easy when you get really shitty teams and your basically the only team member trying to win..

 

The easiest way to clear those kind of missions is by playing the lowest possible tiers (VI or sometimes VII) because there are a lot of shitty players and no idiotproof Bobjects in enemy team... Especially when you are top tier against IV or V opponents...


Edited by frange, 22 December 2019 - 02:18 PM.


Panzerfluff #17 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4871 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    09-15-2019
Its not difficult, you can use tier 5 tanks for the Stug IV missions, I think I did that mission in a T67, or US Scorpion.

speedphlux #18 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49269 battles
  • 1,929
  • [TZAR] TZAR
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011

For the Stug reward tank, I'd recommend you go as low Tier as possible. It's pointless to try at higher Tiers if you're not top class player.

20% is surprisingly easy, you just need to be aggressive, driving a high DPM Heavy and you're set.
Think I did that one in a Tiger I back in the days, and on my secondary account I did it in KV-1.



Spurtung #19 Posted 22 December 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 76259 battles
  • 7,206
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostPanzerfluff, on 22 December 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Its not difficult, you can use tier 5 tanks for the Stug IV missions, I think I did that mission in a T67, or US Scorpion.

 

You did a HT-15 mission using TDs? Please, share more wisdom.



LZ_Mordan #20 Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17109 battles
  • 378
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012

View Postspeedphlux, on 22 December 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

For the Stug reward tank, I'd recommend you go as low Tier as possible. It's pointless to try at higher Tiers if you're not top class player.

20% is surprisingly easy, you just need to be aggressive, driving a high DPM Heavy and you're set.
Think I did that one in a Tiger I back in the days, and on my secondary account I did it in KV-1.

 

you did 4k damage and bounces with KV-1?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users