Jump to content


EBR brakes the game balance


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

aeroluxpt #1 Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:11 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 72762 battles
  • 22
  • [HOTPT] HOTPT
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013

Who else thinks the EBR brakes the game balance, not allowing for other tanks to take positions like before, its like an arcade game like a tank that turns this way wouldnt kill the crew just with the G forces. Honestly it brakes the game that we know for such long time. Stupid auto aim feature, speed and turn rate. Am I the only one??

 



MyArmorIsGolden #2 Posted 19 December 2019 - 04:21 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10632 battles
  • 394
  • Member since:
    09-06-2015
its a tank game. we dont need race cars that goes with 105 kmh.

aeroluxpt #3 Posted 19 December 2019 - 05:59 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 72762 battles
  • 22
  • [HOTPT] HOTPT
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013

View PostMyArmorIsGolden, on 19 December 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

its a tank game. we dont need race cars that goes with 105 kmh.


Thats what I mean ;)

 



ChristOfTheAbyss #4 Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 745
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019

View PostMyArmorIsGolden, on 19 December 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

its a tank game. we dont need race cars that goes with 105 kmh.

 

We dont need arties and TDs either then,



1ucky #5 Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:26 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 89433 battles
  • 1,658
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013
What balance?

wsatnutter #6 Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:24 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26699 battles
  • 9,637
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
expect this to be shut use search function

shikaka9 #7 Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:35 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 73636 battles
  • 1,571
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
break balance? You cant brake things that do not exist here. 

BQBD #8 Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16048 battles
  • 155
  • Member since:
    11-02-2018

View Postaeroluxpt, on 19 December 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

Who else thinks the EBR brakes the game balance, not allowing for other tanks to take positions like before, its like an arcade game like a tank that turns this way wouldnt kill the crew just with the G forces. Honestly it brakes the game that we know for such long time. Stupid auto aim feature, speed and turn rate. Am I the only one??

 

 

Bolded and increased the font size for the root cause of your problem.

 

They change the stale game play you are used to. So you need to adapt to the new threat, not whine about it as it prevents you to take the same exact bush/rock/corner every single game.

 

Adapt or die.



Marshall_Raynor #9 Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:45 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25611 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    07-07-2014

View PostBQBD, on 19 December 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

 

Bolded and increased the font size for the root cause of your problem.

 

They change the stale game play you are used to. So you need to adapt to the new threat, not whine about it as it prevents you to take the same exact bush/rock/corner every single game.

 

Adapt or die.

 

Yeah adapt to it by driving EBR yourself. Or hope you don't get matched against one in your proper LT. That's the way you adapt. :rolleyes:



xx984 #10 Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:48 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65767 battles
  • 3,695
  • [HOOT] HOOT
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

No, they are fine. Improved the game by being able to spot people camping at the back all game easier.

 

Learn to adapt, nothing stays the same forever 



BQBD #11 Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:49 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16048 battles
  • 155
  • Member since:
    11-02-2018

View PostMarshall_Raynor, on 19 December 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

 

Yeah adapt to it by driving EBR yourself. Or hope you don't get matched against one in your proper LT. That's the way you adapt. :rolleyes:

 

Are you familiar with the saying "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight?" ?



xx984 #12 Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:50 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65767 battles
  • 3,695
  • [HOOT] HOOT
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

View PostMarshall_Raynor, on 19 December 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

 

Yeah adapt to it by driving EBR yourself. Or hope you don't get matched against one in your proper LT. That's the way you adapt. :rolleyes:


every tier 10 light except the manticore and panzerwagen are just as good, maybe a little better  than the EBR 105, and can easily take one on and kill it, unless you’re a bad player.



TungstenHitman #13 Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:50 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 31726 battles
  • 6,288
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View Postwsatnutter, on 19 December 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

expect this to be shut use search function

 

What a load of old sprouts. 



Homer_J #14 Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:02 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33120 battles
  • 36,607
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postaeroluxpt, on 19 December 2019 - 03:11 AM, said:

its like an arcade game

 

 

1. It always was an arcade game.

 

2. Break.  Brake is a thing you use to stop a car.



Mr_Burrows #15 Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:14 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50648 battles
  • 2,467
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012

Side note and off topic, but why has the term "break" become "brake" during the past few years? 

To break =  wreck, destroy 

To brake = to stop a vehicle from moving, to slow down, grind to a halt. 

 

I am genuinely curious, because I have seen this even from people with English as their native language. 

 

 



jabster #16 Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12790 battles
  • 26,530
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostMr_Burrows, on 19 December 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

Side note and off topic, but why has the term "break" become "brake" during the past few years? 

To break =  wreck, destroy 

To brake = to stop a vehicle from moving, to slow down, grind to a halt. 

 

I am genuinely curious, because I have seen this even from people with English as their native language. 

 

 


Using brake instead of break has been around for as long as I can remember.



tajj7 #17 Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:51 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28861 battles
  • 16,958
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Block Quote

 You’re going to be surprised, but early spotting from both sides actually reduces the number of turbo battles. The earlier the mutual spotting happens, the more sense the teams put in their positioning. The main reason for the existence of such battles isn’t because someone shot poorly, but because some group of individuals rushed in some incomprehensible direction.

 

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-developers-qa-december-2019/

 

^ Wheeled Vehicles making the meta better. 

 

Plus they spot all the OP camping positions that often lights can't, which also improves the game.

 

So the compete opposite of breaking the game, they improve it, helping break up the stale meta, punish base campers, make games longer etc. 



Ogruls #18 Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 45841 battles
  • 61
  • [OLDG] OLDG
  • Member since:
    02-01-2015

View Postxx984, on 19 December 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

No, they are fine. Improved the game by being able to spot people camping at the back all game easier.

 

Learn to adapt, nothing stays the same forever 

Think they have encouraged camping myself as now a lot of folk sit back wait for them to die, by time that's done game plays screwed so they camp it out more. 



SaintMaddenus #19 Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:21 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 39441 battles
  • 2,843
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

View Postjabster, on 19 December 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:


Using brake instead of break has been around for as long as I can remember.

Yes but maybe more apt in a wheelie vehicle thread.    Though its bugged me for a while as well.   I specifically came to this thread just to try and put a Brake on the use of brake instead of brake.


 


 

as my father in law would say (if he played)    "Brock dem up rass".



jabster #20 Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12790 battles
  • 26,530
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 19 December 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yes but maybe more apt in a wheelie vehicle thread.    Though its bugged me for a while as well.   I specifically came to this thread just to try and put a Brake on the use of brake instead of brake.


 


 

as my father in law would say (if he played)    "Brock dem up rass".


As it’s a wheely thread maybe tire instead of tier would also be appropriate.


Edited by jabster, 19 December 2019 - 11:41 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users