Garbage tanks line

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

The___Legend #1 Posted 21 December 2019 - 03:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2812 battles
  • [B_V_] B_V_

Work on line from T 150   to   IS 4..such a garbage tanks againt other nations...weak flat armour..and some guns

kv 3.kv 4 needs change..reshape low plate and turrets...guns ok just so many weak spots not competitive at all againt other owerpowered nations...

ST 1   low plate need reshape almost flat...

IS 4 ..reshape low and upper plate..its to flat   ...just the worst X tank in game..

gun uselles   330 dmg with heat ammo...gun should do minimum 500 dmg so that can compete againt other tanks...

why some medium have better shape of hull armor and turret...400 dmg X russian...Is 4     400..its not right

all light tanks do 400 dmg...line is broken needs to change ..

BR33K1_PAWAH #2 Posted 21 December 2019 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles
IS-4 rebalance is a meme at this point :trollface:

Balc0ra #3 Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75424 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostThe___Legend, on 21 December 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

kv 3.kv 4 needs change..reshape low plate and turrets...guns ok just so many weak spots not competitive at all againt other owerpowered nations...

I know many here like the KV-3 and 4 still... Some more than others. But personally I've hated the KV-3 since day one. It's not due to recent guns and nations added tbh.

gun uselles   330 dmg with heat ammo...gun should do minimum 500 dmg so that can compete againt other tanks...

why some medium have better shape of hull armor and turret...400 dmg X russian...Is 4     400..its not right

330? It's 440. And sure you can give it 500. But on a mobile HT like that vs the super heavies he faces. Some like ROF vs the alpha. As you can't have both. And 500 means a longer reload for sure.

And all lights do 400? Some do 390, others do 300 or even 320. Tier X meds on the other hand can go above 400. But they trade armor for more pen and less alpha like the Leo 1. And the same or less pen and alpha vs the IS-4 if they have armor.

Gardar7 #4 Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 25099 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Ask Urquan about the KV-4. I think KV-3, KV-4 and ST-I are great tanks, the only sad thing about that line is that they lead to IS-4.

Edited by Gardar7, 21 December 2019 - 04:28 PM.

The___Legend #5 Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2812 battles
  • [B_V_] B_V_

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 December 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

I know many here like the KV-3 and 4 still... Some more than others. But personally I've hated the KV-3 since day one. It's not due to recent guns and nations added tbh.

330? It's 440. And sure you can give it 500. But on a mobile HT like that vs the super heavies he faces. Some like ROF vs the alpha. As you can't have both. And 500 means a longer reload for sure.

And all lights do 400? Some do 390, others do 300 or even 320. Tier X meds on the other hand can go above 400. But they trade armor for more pen and less alpha like the Leo 1. And the same or less pen and alpha vs the IS-4 if they have armor.

l shoot many times with heat round and it did 330 ,,320 340  ...is 4 should do 500 dmg..440 min not 330...its only good againt tier 8 and 9..againt X tanks is weak...example..object 430 u  is  more like a heavy..better shape hull and turrent better gun handling ..all other russian heavys do more dmg than is 4.around the same time reload exept 705...is 4 have everything worse than others

Robbie_T #6 Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21313 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Rather see them updating the German line .

Instead of another Russian line

leggasiini #7 Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18168 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Yeah, the line is an old line that hasn't received any significant changes in pretty much last 4-5 years. I think the KV-4 got buffed a bit around 4 years ago (HP and DPM), and ST-I and IS-4 got some changes to their armor via HD models, but that's about it. The line is outdated and powercreeped but the none of the tanks are truly terrible.

KV-3 is basically a worse IS with more HP, but it still has that 390 alpha gun with good DPM. With the high HP pool it has, it trades very well, it's easy to do 1.2k damage by just mindlessly trading shots. Its slow and its armor isn't that great but it works, especially in a good matchup where it can truly shine. Its not great nor special but its decent enough I suppose.

KV-4, while I kinda liked it (3 marked it during my grind), I don't think it's very good either but it can still work. It has stupidly thick side armor that notably gets overlooked by most of your enemies; you can angle 45 degrees and you'll be shocked how many underestimate your side armor. For me, the tank bounced way more than it should have. Turret armor sucks but it can be pretty hard to hit if you're not too close. KV-4 is weird because it wants to keep some distance to its enemy so it doesnt get rushed and its armor really works better at mid ranges where its poor turret armor is much harder to abuse. The pen is good, but thats about it for the gun; I actually disliked the gun way more than its armor, 320 alpha isnt really anything special nowadays, and then it has way worse gun handling than a lot of tier 8 HTs with higher alpha and it doesnt even have that good DPM. The gun stats is where you can clearly see that the tank hasn't been touched in ages. Honestly if the gun was just a bit better (say, if it had better accuracy/gun handling) the tank would be fine. I think the armor is actually fine, its just the gun thats bit underwhelming.

ST-I isn't that bad either, it can both sidescrape and hulldown but is worse at both than tanks specifically designed for those roles. Again, its the gun that feels severely outdated here - back in a day having the combination of side armor and hulldown capacity was strong, but nowadays there's no excuse for having such a terrible gun stats. I feel that giving the ST-I similar/bit worse gun handling than the T-10 would make it a pretty strong tank again.

IS-4 is bad, but even then the tank can work. It's mostly the gun once again; the gun is horribly outdated and there's really no excuse for it to have such a bad stats on it. It has mediocre alpha, bad DPM, yet it has worse gun handling than 750 alpha heavies at the same tier and it also has low ammo capacity to boot. While the armor isn't perfect either and it could use some improvements, it works decently well if you know how to angle the tank, and it's incredibly good against low tiers when angled considering its also much faster than tanks like E 100 or Type 5. The worst-gun-in-tier on a platform that is average or at best above average just doesn't cut it. The tank is seemingly supposed to be a "basic all arounder bouncy heavy", yet it gets the worst gun in tier for some reason. Just give it some serious DPM and gun handling improvements and the IS-4 should be a lot better.

The ammorebalance + "balance 2.0" is probably coming within 6 months so I'd expect something to happen for the IS-4 line by then.

RamRaid90 #8 Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26492 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

l shoot many times with heat round and it did 330 ,,320 340  ...is 4 should do 500 dmg..440 min not 330...its only good againt tier 8 and 9..againt X tanks is weak...example..object 430 u  is  more like a heavy..better shape hull and turrent better gun handling ..all other russian heavys do more dmg than is 4.around the same time reload exept 705...is 4 have everything worse than others

You shouldn't even be at tier X.

You have little to no game knowledge or experience.

Drop back down the tiers and lean the game better.

And when not used like an imbecile, the IS-4 actually has some of the best armour at tier X.

Rushing your way to tier X and then coming here crying because you can't be invincible and steam roll everything is as stupid as it gets.

Edited by RamRaid90, 21 December 2019 - 05:13 PM.

UrQuan #9 Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22310 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Don't have much to comment as Leggasiini gave a good overview on the line. It is an old tank line, which mainly shows in the gun stats the line has, as they're pretty outdated in modern WoT. The tanks would just need tweaks to their (topgun) stats to be brought back in line for modern WoT imo.

The armor of the line on the other hand is still decent to very good. From KV-3 onward they're all great tanks to learn more about using armor beyond basics.

KV-3 is a great tool to improve your shot-trading with armored tanks because the generous HP pool & the armor scheme layout help with this. Mistakes aren't punished so harshly & you get a better idea on what works & not due to this.

KV-4 teaches you about keeping enemies at range to improve your combat effectiveness due to the armor scheme combined with the gun. Not a big alpha gun, so need the distance to put some extra shots in. The side armor helps with popping in & out.

KV-4 is also a great tank that teaches you about how effective angling can be & how great tracks are at absorbing shots. A skill you can take to many other tanks imo when you land in an icky situation.

ST-I is an oddity among russian tanks as it is a good hulldown tanks with workable gun depression on top. The generous side armor means it can be flexible in the armored role it can take, always a plus. Sometimes you prefer to hulldown & other times, sidescrape is better, this one can do both.

IS-4 has great hull armor to go along with its mobility. Not apparent at first sight, but it is one of the few IS tanks that can angle to boosts its armor. Sadly the gun handling on this tank really is from another era making it very frustrating to play. The low amount of shells doesn't help it either imo, can't risk to waste shots in it.

Pandabird #10 Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 39225 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Try German Light line or how about some sexy Chinese mediums:trollface:

Edited by Pandabird, 21 December 2019 - 11:26 PM.

malachi6 #11 Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51322 battles
But Soviet bias?

MeNoobTank #12 Posted 21 December 2019 - 11:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18054 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

Work on line from T 150   to   IS 4..such a garbage tanks againt other nations...weak flat armour..and some guns

IS 4 ..reshape low and upper plate..its to flat   ...just the worst X tank in game..

You complain that armor is not strong enough on one of the best armored lines in the game. If you complained about the gun handling on the top tiers from that line you would have been more bealiveble but it is clear by now that the problem is the one controling the tanks.

This line is indeed not suited for newcomers, you could have done some research before complaining that it is garbage.

If you have asked here on the forums which line to grind first, almost everyone could tell you that the starter line is the IS-7 line. The most friendly grind for a newbie.

Spurtung #13 Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:06 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 77155 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostThe___Legend, on 21 December 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

There are others apart from USSR?

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 21 December 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

IS-4 rebalance is a meme at this point :trollface:

OP just created a new one, apparently.

Nishi_Kinuyo #14 Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10217 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Personally, I've found the armour on the T-150, KV-3, and KV-4 to be mostly fine.

My IS bounces only 31,09% of all shells fired at it.

My T-150 bounces 48,58% of all shells.

My KV-3 bounces 45,84% of all shells.

And my KV-4 bounces an amazing 61% of all shells. :amazed:

Source: http://wot-news.com/...en/Nishi_Kinuyo

So I dunno what the OP is smoking, but they're definitely well-armoured in my opinion.

frange #15 Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31956 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR
Oh - if you think KV4 and IS4 is a bad line - how about you try the British HT-line? Sure you are gonna love every tank untill you get to tier VIII.... 

splash_time #16 Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14950 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThe___Legend, on 21 December 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

You still a new guy in WoT, so, leave IS 4 and go for IS 7/Obj 430U.

You had to ask for help first then start playing, not to do wrong thing then complain. :)

I'll advice you to srart these lines first: (Listed by priority)

1. Obj 430U
  2. Is 7
  3. 60 TP
  4. Obj 268v4

These are friendly lines and can be so forgiving if you make a mistake. 

430U, amazing overall armour and it can bully T10 HTs, and it bounces even gold ammo.

Is 7, you love armour? Just drive this thing and angle it, even the turret side has armour! Hull side is a beast made for blocking and absorbing shoots into tracks!. :D

60 TP, good speed and good DPM, and it has 750 damage, so the ones who wanna trade damage with you should think twice.

Bobject? Well it doesn't need introduction, the bully who can jump every battle and go out safe. Just keep it towards your target and he's dead.

shikaka9 #17 Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 74633 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Latexpioneer2 #18 Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11752 battles
  • [INOX_] INOX_

I believe that I have an other KV-4 and ST-1....

These both tanks are the worst tanks ever! No armor, no penetration power...beeing dead within 2 shots, but cause no damage on other tanks. My tanks with the worst performance...Winning rate below 36% decreasing ongoing. KV-4 and the ST-1 are NO Fighting tanks!!!!

Bulldog_Drummond #19 Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34438 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
Lacking Urquan's skills and experience in the KV-4, I found it beyond my abilities (38% w/r), so I sold it and swapped the crew back into a KV-3

mpf1959 #20 Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 32369 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Garbage tanks line

One man's garbage is another man's treasure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users