17 replies to this topic

Izak_cz #1 Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32247 battles
  • [CZPTS] CZPTS

Hello,

when start WOT working again ?

Before WOT destroy all by gamecenter and other [edited] central software, WOT stop working.

I must upgrade wine to 64bit edition and many other (reinstall all libs, virtual wine bottle) ... gamecentre start working, i reinstall all, game not work, all terrain black, after nex upgrade stop working and crash WOT ... now don't work gamecenter (is black) ... now i lose only money, because i have members account and thi is last many from my, because i can't play this game few months.

Long time work WOT on linux very well, but now don't work and if not start it again i leave this game.

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 21 December 2019 - 08:24 PM.
swearing

evilchaosmonkey #2 Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18468 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Mild swearing and threats of leaving whilst posting in a forum that is for game players and not technical support is a sure fire way of getting your problem fixed.

Put a technical support ticket in properly.

Alternatively you could set you machine to dual boot with Windows like 99.999999% of the rest of the world did instead of expecting magic to happen.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35565 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Here, this should help.

https://www.microsof...nload/windows10

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:27 PM

Brigadier

• 20616 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostIzak_cz, on 21 December 2019 - 03:55 PM, said:

Hello,

when start WOT working again ?

Before WOT destroy all by gamecenter and other [edited] central software, WOT stop working.

I must upgrade wine to 64bit edition and many other (reinstall all libs, virtual wine bottle) ... gamecentre start working, i reinstall all, game not work, all terrain black, after nex upgrade stop working and crash WOT ... now don't work gamecenter (is black) ... now i lose only money, because i have members account and thi is last many from my, because i can't play this game few months.

Long time work WOT on linux very well, but now don't work and if not start it again i leave this game.

Op, have you looked in the Tech Corner section for information?

Also, have you raised a Support ticket? If you do, then please be more specific about the problem, and describe it in a clear and concise manner. 

It may be that you need an update from whoever provides the interface between Linux and WoT. Vine possibly? 

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10210 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 21 December 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

Op, have you looked in the Tech Corner section for information?

Also, have you raised a Support ticket? If you do, then please be more specific about the problem, and describe it in a clear and concise manner. 

It may be that you need an update from whoever provides the interface between Linux and WoT. Vine possibly? 

No offense, but support can't help him since WG doesn't officially support linux or mac releases of the game, afaik.

Also, does the OP have any particular reasons not to use Windows?

Labrador_wow_wow #6 Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38351 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 21 December 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

No offense, but support can't help him since WG doesn't officially support linux or mac releases of the game, afaik.

Also, does the OP have any particular reasons not to use Windows?

Correct, WG support will bounce and Mac or Linux user. They did give some compensation a few years ago when they broke the Mac client though (it was unofficial but it looks like they compensated people who contacted support). 

As for Windows, it's up to him, no? I find it a really awful OS but I gave in and put together a £300 PC just to play games. Serious work and general faffing around is done on a proper computer ;)

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:40 PM

Brigadier

• 20616 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostLabrador_wow_wow, on 21 December 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

Correct, WG support will bounce and Mac or Linux user. They did give some compensation a few years ago when they broke the Mac client though (it was unofficial but it looks like they compensated people who contacted support). 

As for Windows, it's up to him, no? I find it a really awful OS but I gave in and put together a £300 PC just to play games. Serious work and general faffing around is done on a proper computer ;)

As someone who has played on both a Mac and Windows machines, I found that if approached in a constructive way, Support would give directions on where to find an answer. I have to admit that I did eventually invest in a Windows PC for gaming, but I had the Mac for other applications that the Windows PC would not perform as well as the Mac did. 

_Pr3da70r_ #8 Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9897 battles
  • [TR4GE] TR4GE

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 21 December 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

but I had the Mac for other applications that the Windows PC would not perform as well as the Mac did. 

sorry for OT, which apps if I may ask?

I may ask?

Edited by _Pr3da70r_, 21 December 2019 - 10:45 PM.

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:51 PM

Brigadier

• 20616 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Post_Pr3da70r_, on 21 December 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

sorry for OT, which apps if I may ask?

I may ask?

Graphic design, Multi-media, and some photography. It was part of a training course I was on and everything in those days was Mac based. 

0bs1dian #10 Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6779 battles
I'm having the same problem and it seems this was solved over in the German language section:

http://forum.worldof...topped-working/

The solution is: right click the WoT icon in Lutris, select "Wine configuration" and change "Windows Version" to Windows 7. Seems to be working although I'm still stuck downloading WoT, which is further than I've got in days.

NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35670 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Windows 10 is free.

The more you know, eh?

unhappy_bunny #12 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:06 AM

Brigadier

• 20616 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
Moving this to Tech Corner and wishing OP all the best for finding a resolution to the problem.

Izak_cz #13 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32247 battles
  • [CZPTS] CZPTS
This have same problem:
http://portwine-linux.ru/port-wargaming-game-center/

Izak_cz #14 Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32247 battles
  • [CZPTS] CZPTS
Of course, i have wine as windows 7 and windows 10 .. and must be 64bit ... LOL becuase game center is 32bit and game too ... 
But all version to 1.5.X work perfect, maybe 1.6.0 ... after WG stop standard WOT upgrade and make only GameCenter, then stop all working ... uncorrect game is possible fix with wine developer, but if WG make with all upgrade some dirty windows API ... funny, because now stop working program for upgrade and this is really real amateurs ...

Funny fact, game is write in Python ;-)) ... theoretically can leave [edited]DirectX and go to OpenGL ... because all other in WOT is from linux/UNIX ... or write it in MONO/DOTnet_core etc ... OK warthunder work in linux, is time install it again, i put all voucher in history and i have eagle about 2000 USD ;-))

Edited by Izak_cz, 22 December 2019 - 03:26 PM.

Izak_cz #15 Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32247 battles
  • [CZPTS] CZPTS
Windows is not free and i use LINUX on all my devices, NAS and servers, theoretically i can use some old graphic card, put it direct to virtualization KVM (ehmm i have 34" 4k LCD and it needed DP ... old GPU support it only in 30Hz)... but i prefer Linux games and games, that work in wine ... because all game be in feature stremed through network to any device and primary to LINUX (because android is linux and all smart TV, gaming set top boxes) + windows of course, because linux library is possible use in any OS and work ;-)) for example QT libs ;-)) 

VLC player is from linux too ;-)) ffmpeg too, Darktable, LibreOffice etc. etc.

Vajsravana #16 Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34296 battles

View Post0bs1dian, on 22 December 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

The solution is: right click the WoT icon in Lutris, select "Wine configuration" and change "Windows Version" to Windows 7. Seems to be working although I'm still stuck downloading WoT, which is further than I've got in days.

This solved for me. Thanks for the link, mate.

OllieCromwell #17 Posted 22 December 2019 - 04:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46492 battles
  • [GENB] GENB
WoT is literally the only reason I have my PC in dual-boot mode ... Using Linux (mint in my case, looking very interested at Ubuntu Cinnamon) for everything else being a Java Developer. There is nothing that keeps me at Windows but gaming and as soon as Wargaming releases a Linux client windows is gone.

Izak_cz #18 Posted 29 December 2019 - 11:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 32247 battles
  • [CZPTS] CZPTS
Funny is that WOT before 1.6.x work better in linux wine that in windows, i use simple graphic, now wine comunity solve all issue from latest version ... but now WOT make unusable gamecenter that is only black and this don't upgrade/install game.

Dualboot is funny, becuase i have more server specific HW and this HW don't support desktop windows ;-)) ... reality is, i have some card from RISC and this have modules only to UNIX and Linux ... of course i set UEFI bios only for real OS ;-)), becuase i use maximum RAM, i need IOMMU etc. ... windows crash on my HW ... I remember time, when windows rewrite all OS/2 partitions by random data ... sorry, windows is dangerous, maybe delete my BTRFS/XFS partitions too ... and of course SW raid too ... dualboot is huge risc, becuase i never trust M$ again and i don't like test it again, because restore is about 1 day + reinstall .. one time Microsoft attack my HW, it is documented on internet and M$ say that is bug, sorry ... only one time can company destroy my data and this is end for this company for me ;-)))

Also tagged with linux

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users