Bring Back Team Damage

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

BlackBloodBandit #21 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8789 battles

View Post_bitter_end_, on 22 December 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

Removing teamdamage was one of the best things happened to Wot in years. I hope this will never change back. GG WG!

For me quite the opposite, because of reasons the topic creater already described. At least you could teamkill someone that has been blocking you and or allies from retreating etc. In the past we had a lot of benefit from being able to take out allies and continue to play our game at least.

Now all that happens is that you get screwed and no compensation at all. In the past you received at least compensation if someone was stupid enough to teamkill you near the end of the game when it was already a clear loss. Sometimes I even made a profit from that.

xx984 #22 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:35 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66551 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 22 December 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

For me quite the opposite, because of reasons the topic creater already described. At least you could teamkill someone that has been blocking you and or allies from retreating etc. In the past we had a lot of benefit from being able to take out allies and continue to play our game at least.

Now all that happens is that you get screwed and no compensation at all. In the past you received at least compensation if someone was stupid enough to teamkill you near the end of the game when it was already a clear loss. Sometimes I even made a profit from that.

I used to TK my platoon mate at the end occasionally when she was low on credits :D

WoT_RU_Doing #23 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:38 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 60611 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 22 December 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

On average, the number of times you can truly justify having to kill a team member is pretty low. Sure, it CAN happen, but then you can report them. OK there's no compensation, but again, it's cheaper to do nothing than it used to be to kill them much of the time.

BR33K1_PAWAH #24 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles
:deer:

Hellfoxe #25 Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24054 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
Team damage is the worst because after start you can lose 3 tanks justy team damage. I shot at you and you shoot back other one kill me. 

Bulldog_Drummond #26 Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34438 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostHellfoxe, on 22 December 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Team damage is the worst because after start you can lose 3 tanks justy team damage. I shot at you and you shoot back other one kill me. 

This is a good point.  Sneaky player only TK shot once. But in other cases there could be a grudge fight leaving one dead and one crippled, which usually handed the game on a plate to the enemy

Or the team decided to destroy their blue player

Blubba #27 Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61640 battles

View Postxx984, on 22 December 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

Bring it back so I can go TK all the arty that stun allies without caring :justwait:

But seriously, how can you tell?

Homer_J #28 Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Personally I would like team damage to be brought back because taking it away removed one more aspect of the game people had to think about.

But pushing players around happened when we had team damage.  And it would often be done to provoke you into retaliating and getting yourself banned.  So it won't stop that, it may even increase it.

NekoPuffer_PPP #29 Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35673 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostHellfoxe, on 22 December 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

I had witnessed a 2-man FV4005 platoon kill 3 members of their team. Roughly 6000 teamdamage dealt between the two.

They were on the enemy team but I felt so bad I just had to send the replay to support.

This scenario is why teamdamage needs to stay off. Imagine if there were 3 of them...I fell victim to one such group a few years ago too. They were a rarity, thankfully.

12:51 Added after 2 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 22 December 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Personally I would like team damage to be brought back because taking it away removed one more aspect of the game people had to think about.

A simple workaround would be a fine for hitting allied tanks equivalent to the amount of damage that could've been dealt and the cost to repair it, without actually dealing damage.

I wonder why they hadn't thought of that?

frange #30 Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31956 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

I'm not sure - but i have had some matches where you really liked the possibility to do team damage..

This summer I played a IX-match on Ruinberg with my Strv S1 - as usual camping in the back to the right in the bushes, did some 1500-2000dmg on enemy LTs and MTs (killed 1 or 2), We won 15-7 or something like that after 7-8min. We would have won even if I were totally AFK so I was never a key player in the match.

But - our clicker (Lorr 155m 51) spent the enitre match map pinging me and harassing me - calling me camper in chat and actually started aiming the yellow circle on me - for "camping". Constantly. And even came and try to push me a few times. I did move further as the middle ridge of houses were cleared by our MTs - but still the clicker kept yelling at me specifically. So just as our team was about to clear out the last remaing enemy SPG i turned 180 and shot our damn Lorr - ofc he was lit on fire so my 390dmg shot made 500ish and killed him, and I instantly turned blue for a few days. Totally worth it.

When I looked at match statistics - he actually fired zero shots in the match. He actually spent the entire match harassing me - and me only. For "camping"...
Once again - I was playing a Swedish campy TD which just physically can not go brawling or close range fighting.

NekoPuffer_PPP #31 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35673 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postfrange, on 22 December 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

I'm not sure - but i have had some matches where you really liked the possibility to do team damage..

This summer I played a IX-match on Ruinberg with my Strv S1 - as usual camping in the back to the right in the bushes, did some 1500-2000dmg on enemy LTs and MTs (killed 1 or 2), We won 15-7 or something like that after 7-8min. We would have won even if I were totally AFK so I was never a key player in the match.

But - our clicker (Lorr 155m 51) spent the enitre match map pinging me and harassing me - calling me camper in chat and actually started aiming the yellow circle on me - for "camping". Constantly. And even came and try to push me a few times. I did move further as the middle ridge of houses were cleared by our MTs - but still the clicker kept yelling at me specifically. So just as our team was about to clear out the last remaing enemy SPG i turned 180 and shot our damn Lorr - ofc he was lit on fire so my 390dmg shot made 500ish and killed him, and I instantly turned blue for a few days. Totally worth it.

When I looked at match statistics - he actually fired zero shots in the match. He actually spent the entire match harassing me - and me only. For "camping"...
Once again - I was playing a Swedish campy TD which just physically can not go brawling or close range fighting.

You know there's an option to block players for the duration of the battle? Just right-click their name and block them. Ignore their ramblings and play your game, your way, not their.

LethalWalou #32 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34005 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 22 December 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

A simple workaround would be a fine for hitting allied tanks equivalent to the amount of damage that could've been dealt and the cost to repair it, without actually dealing damage.

I wonder why they hadn't thought of that?

Because that would still be abusable. They went with the system that is not abusable as that seems to be what they value the most important factor in it. Of course it would be nice to have such system as you suggested, but the playerbase we have is the reason we can't have mice things, and frankly i'm fine with it. 

xx984 #33 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66551 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

View PostBlubba, on 22 December 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

But seriously, how can you tell?

They do it multiple times, Or fire when you are right next to an enemy without warning (Pressing T to show the circle of where you are aiming) 

Tbh even if its not on purpose, they deserved to be TK'd until they learn anyway

antwerp_fighter #34 Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54006 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Turning off team damage is ok, but the real problem is that WG does nothing to penalize those players in return:

sending a report for unsportman conduct? nothing will happen.

sending a replay to player support? they will recommend you to use in-game report system, which means nothing will be done again.

sending that replay to forum to let people discuss it? mod will delete it because of naming and shaming, in other words, "political correction" of forum.

Come on, WG, you really think people want team damage back? They are just simply complaining the uselessness of in-game report system!

This reminds me of TV series "DEXTER", when legal system not working, Dexter will get the job done.

Pinnaculum #35 Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15597 battles
  • [FL-RO] FL-RO

I say bring back team damage , remove all punishments , warnings and bans for language and crap team play. If they got beef with one another they should be able to shoot it out.

Also , bring back enemy chat.

LethalWalou #36 Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34005 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View Postantwerp_fighter, on 22 December 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Come on, WG, you really think people want team damage back? They are just simply complaining the uselessness of in-game report system!

You've been playing the game for years so you should know how the in game reporting used to be and why it was changed. But since you think they should go back to the old way, you clearly don't understand the reason why it was changed. 

FrantisekBascovansky #37 Posted 22 December 2019 - 04:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36699 battles

Removal of team damage was by far the best thing in 2019.

BUT.

Offender should turn blue after 2 shots on friendly tank regardless of no team damage.

Blubba #38 Posted 22 December 2019 - 04:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61640 battles

View Postxx984, on 22 December 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

They do it multiple times, Or fire when you are right next to an enemy without warning (Pressing T to show the circle of where you are aiming) 

Tbh even if its not on purpose, they deserved to be TK'd until they learn anyway

Well that seems fair enough. I might fire if I felt he was about to kill you without me giving warning but I would have been watching and holding the shot until that point was arrived at. I suppose getting TK'd was something artys had to deal with. Considering it's my experience they did the most of it themselves that is.

m1x_angelico #39 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27186 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostMr_Burrows, on 21 December 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Save replays. 

When this happens to you, put forth a ticket to WG. I have had to do it on a few occasions since the change, and it has always been swift and effective.

Dont know based on what he is basing this "swift and effective" bull, but dont bother, it will not be acted upon in majority of cases.

Edited by m1x_angelico, 22 December 2019 - 10:12 PM.

LethalWalou #40 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34005 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View Postm1x_angelico, on 22 December 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

Dont know based on what he is basing this "swift and effective" bull, but dont bother, it will not be acted upon in majority of cases.

And with what experience you say that? I wonder, who do you think you are helping by spreading pure lies? Are you discouraging people from reporting because you would be the one getting reported. I can't find any other reason why you would want to spread such lies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users