Bring Back Team Damage

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

Bulldog_Drummond #261 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37016 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

The obvious solution, clearly, will be to reintroduce blue status for those who carry out friendly fire or who do obnoxious bumps, even though they do no actual damage because the rules have been changed

This needs to be combined with the ability to TK blue tanks.

Problem solved

LethalWalou #262 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 January 2020 - 09:03 PM, said:

The obvious solution, clearly, will be to reintroduce blue status for those who carry out friendly fire or who do obnoxious bumps, even though they do no actual damage because the rules have been changed

Problem solved

How would you determine who is at fault at an ''obnoxious bump'' or does every bump count for it? It's somewhat subjective thing as well, someone would find it obnoxious if they missed a shot due to the bump but someone else might have higher tolerance. Also accidents. We still have the ability to TK blue tanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong it sounds you like FF back on as well.

1ucky #263 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 95088 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 January 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

Problem solved

Yes but with pushing it's hard to tell who's the bad guy.

It could be either of the tanks involved. Sometimes driving against teammates is fair and justified and without any ill intent. Maybe you just want to drive out of the enemy line of fire, and you drive into a friendly tank, or maybe you even want to help a teammate who's flipped over, or maybe someone is pushing/blocking you in an unfair way and you're just pushing back... I think it would be hard to implement an AI that can tell who's right or wrong with pushing.

Bulldog_Drummond #264 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37016 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Post1ucky, on 11 January 2020 - 09:18 PM, said:

Yes but with pushing it's hard to tell who's the bad guy.

It could be either of the tanks involved. Sometimes driving against teammates is fair and justified and without any ill intent. Maybe you just want to drive out of the enemy line of fire, and you drive into a friendly tank, or maybe you even want to help a teammate who's flipped over, or maybe someone is pushing/blocking you in an unfair way and you're just pushing back... I think it would be hard to implement an AI that can tell who's right or wrong with pushing.

Let us make full use of Big Data

The sort of things that people post on their Facebook pages should provide helpful clues as to their intentions

LethalWalou #265 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 January 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

The sort of things that people post on their Facebook pages should provide helpful clues as to their intentions

So there is no way to determine, other than observing the situation by a human eye. This would mean that every bump should be punishable, even accidents. Unfortunately this is the flaw with implementing automated systems, you either punish accidents or open the system for abuse by setting a limit that accounts for accidents.

Edited by LethalWalou, 11 January 2020 - 10:44 PM.

1ucky #266 Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 95088 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 January 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

I love the joke but I fear something like this might actually be put into practice legally at some point.

(If it's not already happening...)

#TheGreatCorruption

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users