• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

Shivvering #41 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38921 battles
  • [B-HZE] B-HZE

View PostShweinHund, on 21 December 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

If you have a big tank with a big engine, you can do what you like, push who you like out of any position you like......no penalty, no comeback.

In the old days you could balance the books by putting one into them......its not perfect but there was some redress. 

Not any more, bully boys rule the roost.

This so rarely happens to me. I see so little pushing in general in games these days.

Archaean #42 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17263 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Postxx984, on 22 December 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Bring it back so I can go TK all the arty that stun allies without caring :justwait:

Implement team damage only against arty.

View PostShivvering, on 22 December 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

This so rarely happens to me. I see so little pushing in general in games these days.

Fun fact: Pushing mainly happened because of team damage. You shoot someone he in return starts pushing and pulling you as revenge. There are a few exceptions but lately I only had one pushing me because reasons.

Edited by Archaean, 22 December 2019 - 10:45 PM.

m1x_angelico #43 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29781 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostLethalWalou, on 22 December 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

And with what experience you say that? I wonder, who do you think you are helping by spreading pure lies? Are you discouraging people from reporting because you would be the one getting reported. I can't find any other reason why you would want to spread such lies.

Sticks and stones mate... Usually liars react like that when being called on their lies, but whatever...

Reporting system is a placebo put in to create an illusions that the guilty parties will be punished. Anyone playing longer than few months will be able to tell you that no one will be punished for in-game reporting.

Another level of reporting, reporting tickets about in-game violations may or may not illicit an reaction (i.e. a punishment). However, you never know how the player was punished, duration of punishment, etc. That's why it makes it another placebo.

Until there is a clear and transparent banning system, it's just an illusions of systematic rules enforcement.

For example, you can now push a player and get him killed without any repercussions. Same goes for arty stunning. I just played a game where a toxic arty kept shooting bunch of our guys, without repercussions. Instead of actually dealing with violators, WG chose to reduce in-game options such as global chat and team dmg. If WG wanted, they could do away with toxicity within a month.

Shivvering #44 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38921 battles
  • [B-HZE] B-HZE

View Postm1x_angelico, on 22 December 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

Sticks and stones mate... Usually liars react like that when being called on their lies, but whatever...

Reporting system is a placebo put in to create an illusions that the guilty parties will be punished. Anyone playing longer than few months will be able to tell you that no one will be punished for in-game reporting.

Another level of reporting, reporting tickets about in-game violations may or may not illicit an reaction (i.e. a punishment). However, you never know how the player was punished, duration of punishment, etc. That's why it makes it another placebo.

Until there is a clear and transparent banning system, it's just an illusions of systematic rules enforcement.

For example, you can now push a player and get him killed without any repercussions. Same goes for arty stunning. I just played a game where a toxic arty kept shooting bunch of our guys, without repercussions. Instead of actually dealing with violators, WG chose to reduce in-game options such as global chat and team dmg. If WG wanted, they could do away with toxicity within a month.

Not so sure about that.

I have been chat banned in-game before, and i only use the in-battle chat.

Could have got unlucky and been in a game with a WG employee and not noticed, more likely i was reported for being a [edited]in chat though.

Edited by Shivvering, 22 December 2019 - 11:55 PM.

LethalWalou #45 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View Postm1x_angelico, on 22 December 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

Anyone who has played at least couple of years would know why the in game reporting doesn't work the same as it used to. And it sure as hell isn't WG's fault, it's the playerbases fault. The playerbase that kept abusing the system by reporting enemy teams in CW and SH. The playerbase that kept reporting enemy arties for UC for shooting them. The playerbase that kept reporting teammates who didn't do what they wanted them to do as afk/bots. In game reporting had to be toned down but it's not a placebo. It's working but a player needs to get reported much more.

Ticket system works flawlessly. Just because you personally don't want to believe that reporting does nothing doesn't mean that it doesn't work. I've followed up on all the ones I reported, all clear as day violations and every one of them stopped playing for 3 days after CS answered the ticket. Your answer will most likely be that ''they all just decided to take a break'', am I right?

All in all you just seem to have guesses and since you don't believe that reports work you automatically just decide that they don't work and thus spread such bs lies about it... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was no alternative motive for this, you most likely have been banned a fair few times and are now discouraging people from reporting.

Edited by LethalWalou, 23 December 2019 - 12:01 AM.

Homer_J #46 Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:02 AM

Field Marshal

• 34040 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postm1x_angelico, on 22 December 2019 - 10:44 PM, said:

Anyone playing longer than few months will be able to tell you that no one will be punished for in-game reporting.

I have seen plenty of posts complaining of being banned for UC when they "did nothing wrong" so I think you are mistaken.

LethalWalou #47 Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 22 December 2019 - 11:02 PM, said:

I have seen plenty of posts complaining of being banned for UC when they "did nothing wrong" so I think you are mistaken.

But it should be '1 report = 1 ban', apparently. And if it's not like that, apparently none of the reporting systems work, be it in game or ticket system... Unrealistic expectations of players not being met again. I honestly feel sorry for the devs.

m1x_angelico #48 Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29781 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostLethalWalou, on 22 December 2019 - 11:58 PM, said:

Anyone who has played at least couple of years would know why the in game reporting doesn't work the same as it used to. And it sure as hell isn't WG's fault, it's the playerbases fault. The playerbase that kept abusing the system by reporting enemy teams in CW and SH. The playerbase that kept reporting enemy arties for UC for shooting them. The playerbase that kept reporting teammates who didn't do what they wanted them to do as afk/bots. In game reporting had to be toned down but it's not a placebo. It's working but a player needs to get reported much more.

Ticket system works flawlessly. Just because you personally don't want to believe that reporting does nothing doesn't mean that it doesn't work. I've followed up on all the ones I reported, all clear as day violations and every one of them stopped playing for 3 days after CS answered the ticket. Your answer will most likely be that ''they all just decided to take a break'', am I right?

All in all you just seem to have guesses and since you don't believe that reports work you automatically just decide that they don't work and thus spread such bs lies about it... I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was no alternative motive for this, you most likely have been banned a fair few times and are now discouraging people from reporting.

Which is why in-game reporting is a placebo. If someone has directed certain action against you and not against numerous players in numerous matches, it doesnt work.

Regarding ticket system, you say that you followed up on the ones reported, but in fact there is no follow up, but just anecdotal evidence that a certain player was punished. As you are claiming that ticket system actually functions, can you provide any actual proof of this fact. For example, out of last 50 people you reported, what were their offenses and how were they punished exactly?

Btw we are speaking about the very same ticket system, where you get an automated response that you should use in-game reporting and they will not look into the report?

LethalWalou #49 Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View Postm1x_angelico, on 22 December 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

Which is why in-game reporting is a placebo. If someone has directed certain action against you and not against numerous players in numerous matches, it doesnt work.

Regarding ticket system, you say that you followed up on the ones reported, but in fact there is no follow up, but just anecdotal evidence that a certain player was punished. As you are claiming that ticket system actually functions, can you provide any actual proof of this fact. For example, out of last 50 people you reported, what were their offenses and how were they punished exactly?

No, the in game reporting works. It works on a larger number of reports though, thanks to the amazing playerbase, but it still works. The in game reporting system does not nor should not work on a '1 report = 1 ban' basis. But that seems to be the only way you would accept it to be working, and thus your expectations are unrealistic and you can't start claiming that it doesn't work.

My proof is that

1. I reported a clear violation of the rules, not some accidental bump on me that made me miss a shot which people would report in game for, and which of you would expect the offender to be banned for.

2. I got the answer from CS that they looked into it and said that they will take action on it.

3. I checked the players last played battle after CS answered and the last played battle stayed the same for at minimum 3 days straight.

You can believe all you want that every one of the players decided to stop playing for that duration, even 2 out of a 3 man platoon that I reported while the 3rd one kept playing as he didn't break any rules. Have you yourself ever actually reported anyone through the ticket system and followed up on it or do you just blindly believe or the mindless whiners who keep yelling on the forums that ''the ticket system doesn't work''. Even old forumites have been saying the same and when questioned when they last used the ticket system, answers were that years ago.

Block Quote

Btw we are speaking about the very same ticket system, where you get an automated response that you should use in-game reporting and they will not look into the report?

And what automated response? It's a message template... Would you really want them to give you a personalised answer, sort of:

Dear mix_angelico, I am so so sorry that you had a bad experience in your vividly coloured Leopard PTA medium tank which had the stock gun, on the north-northeastern corner of the map Mines, right next to that red brick top house with a nicely trimmed ficus in the front porch of. I agree that the friendly M46 Patton did push you 2,35m out from behind the building in a 23 degree angle and you took a high roll of a 425 damage from the enemy IS-3 that was to your soutwest on the map Mines. This all happened as you said, at the battle time of 12:23. We are going to take action due to this report, thank you for sending it to us.''

This the sort of message you really want? Or can you understand the concept of a message template in the world of customer support?

PS. I haven't had any of those messages telling me to use the in game reporting, have you even had these? If you have, what did you report the player for?

Edited by LethalWalou, 23 December 2019 - 12:35 AM.

m1x_angelico #50 Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29781 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostLethalWalou, on 23 December 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

No, the in game reporting works. It works on a larger number of reports though, thanks to the amazing playerbase, but it still works. The in game reporting system does not nor should not work on a '1 report = 1 ban' basis. But that seems to be the only way you would accept it to be working, and thus your expectations are unrealistic and you can't start claiming that it doesn't work.

My proof is that

1. I reported a clear violation of the rules, not some accidental bump on me that made me miss a shot which people would report in game for, and which of you would expect the offender to be banned for.

2. I got the answer from CS that they looked into it and said that they will take action on it.

3. I checked the players last played battle after CS answered and the last played battle stayed the same for at minimum 3 days straight.

You can believe all you want that every one of the players decided to stop playing for that duration, even 2 out of a 3 man platoon that I reported while the 3rd one kept playing as he didn't break any rules. Have you yourself ever actually reported anyone through the ticket system and followed up on it or do you just blindly believe or the mindless whiners who keep yelling on the forums that ''the ticket system doesn't work''. Even old forumites have been saying the same and when questioned when they last used the ticket system, answers were that years ago.

And what automated response? It's a message template... Would you really want them to give you a personalised answer, sort of:

Dear mix_angelico, I am so so sorry that you had a bad experience in your vividly coloured Leopard PTA medium tank which had the stock gun, on the north-northeastern corner of the map Mines, right next to that red brick top house with a nicely trimmed ficus in the front porch of. I agree that the friendly M46 Patton did push you 2,35m out from behind the building in a 23 degree angle and you took a high roll of a 425 damage from the enemy IS-3 that was to your soutwest on the map Mines. This all happened as you said, at the battle time of 12:23. We are going to take action due to this report, thank you for sending it to us.''

This the sort of message you really want? Or can you understand the concept of a message template in the world of customer support?

PS. I haven't had any of those messages telling me to use the in game reporting, have you even had these? If you have, what did you report the player for?

Nothing of what you showed is actually real life proof. Please feel free to post any proof that shows a serious offense that was done - and a clear link between the offense, your reporting it in-game or via ticket and exact punishment of the player. If you can show such proof for e.g. multiple instances, then I will modify my opinion. Otherwise, just a bunch of words with a snide attitude trying to reinforce your personal delusion.

I usually don't misuse the ticket system, as it is not really intended for reporting in-games violations and as it takes too much time and energy to report. Actually the message I am reffering to is the automated message telling you to report the violations with the in-game reporting mechanism. Really strange that you didn't receive such a message. For example, I reported serious anti-Semitic remarks in the match. Nothing happened. This player should have been banned for life. He wasn't.

So, if you do want to believe that this system works, it's ok, keep believing. But, please dont act like someone is shaking your cage when provided with a different, more realistic interpretation of the system.

In fact, please prove me wrong. I call upon WG to show an anonymized statistical overview of how many reports it had via in-game reporting and tickets, type of violation and how many players were punished and by what punishment. I doubt we will see such overview, as it will only show what I've been talking about.

Edited by m1x_angelico, 23 December 2019 - 01:23 AM.

LethalWalou #51 Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View Postm1x_angelico, on 23 December 2019 - 12:23 AM, said:

Nothing of what you showed is actually real life proof. Please feel free to post any proof that shows a serious offense that was done - and a clear link between the offense, your reporting it in-game or via ticket and exact punishment of the player. If you can show such proof for e.g. multiple instances, then I will modify my opinion. Otherwise, just a bunch of words with a snide attitude trying to reinforce your personal delusion.

I usually don't misuse the ticket system, as it is not really intended for reporting in-games violations and as it takes too much time and energy to report. Actually the message I am reffering to is the automated message telling you to report the violations with the in-game reporting mechanism. Really strange that you didn't receive such a message. For example, I reported serious anti-Semitic remarks in the match. Nothing happened. This player should have been banned for life. He wasn't.

So, if you do want to believe that this system works, it's ok, keep believing. But, please dont act like someone is shaking your cage when provided with a different, more realistic interpretation of the system.

In fact, please prove me wrong. I call upon WG to show an anonymized statistical overview of how many reports it had via in-game reporting and tickets, type of violation and how many players were punished and by what punishment. I doubt we will see such overview, as it will only show what I've been talking about.

Sure, you can choose to believe that it's not proof. But it still doesn't change the fact that the offense was clear, I reported and got answered that actions will be taken and the players being reported stopped playing for at least 3 days. The problem is that you automatically, without hesitation believe that the system doesn't work. The actual correct assumption is that the system works, so your job is to prove that it doesn't. Also, wouldn't you agree that people should keep on reporting offenders so that if it might work, someone who deserves to get banned would get banned. The fact that you are actively discouraging people from reporting is just helping the players who break the rules. You are thus on the side of rule offenders.

You wanted that person to be banned from the game, perman banned? From the game? Because of something they said. It was a chat violation so a chat ban was a correct ban, not game ban. Have you ever checked that they weren't perma chat banned or even tried to follow up on what happened?

Edited by LethalWalou, 23 December 2019 - 01:37 AM.

m1x_angelico #52 Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29781 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostLethalWalou, on 23 December 2019 - 01:32 AM, said:

Sure, you can choose to believe that it's not proof. But it still doesn't change the fact that the offense was clear, I reported and got answered that actions will be taken and the players being reported stopped playing for at least 3 days. The problem is that you automatically, without hesitation believe that the system doesn't work. The actual correct assumption is that the system works, so your job is to prove that it doesn't. Also, wouldn't you agree that people should keep on reporting offenders so that if it might work, someone who deserves to get banned would get banned. The fact that you are actively discouraging people from reporting is just helping the players who break the rules. You are thus on the side of rule offenders.

You wanted that person to be banned from the game, perman banned? From the game? Because of something they said. It was a chat violation so a chat ban was a correct ban, not game ban. Have you ever checked that they weren't perma chat banned or even tried to follow up on what happened?

Ok, so show the proof of this system working. As I said, I have no problem changing my opinion if presented by evidence.

In many countries in which WG has players, anti-Semitic behavior and remarks are a criminal offense, so yes, a perma ban would be quite a normal response. If in this specific case I were a Jewish player, I would pursue this until the player would be banned, and believe me I would succeed or WG would suffer severe monetary penalties. However, the fact that you have to pursue something in a system that is supposed to work, to actually make it work, shows that it doesn't and is just an illusion.

LethalWalou #53 Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View Postm1x_angelico, on 23 December 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

Ok, so show the proof of this system working. As I said, I have no problem changing my opinion if presented by evidence.

In many countries in which WG has players, anti-Semitic behavior and remarks are a criminal offense, so yes, a perma ban would be quite a normal response. If in this specific case I were a Jewish player, I would pursue this until the player would be banned, and believe me I would succeed or WG would suffer severe monetary penalties. However, the fact that you have to pursue something in a system that is supposed to work, to actually make it work, shows that it doesn't and is just an illusion.

So you want me to show you screenshots of the tickets I sent and got answered to? Care to offer a time machine for me to go get continuous screeshots of the players reported not playing for at least 3 days? We both know that you won't be satisfied with the CS ticket screenshots... And it still is your job to prove it's not working as the assumption is that it works and nothing automatically suggests that it doesn't work.

And like said, take a moment to remind yourself why the in game system for example is how it is. It still isn't WG's fault that it was and still is abused. The ticket system is just that tiny step away, but that tiny step is big enough for people to not easily report someone because if it was easy as two mouse clicks in game is, it would be greatly abused as past has proven. You can be as unhappy as you want about the tiny step you have to take to report someone but you have no grounds to blame WG for it because it simply is not their fault that the players abused the system.

wEight_Tanker #54 Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14063 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostMr_Burrows, on 21 December 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

Save replays. 

When this happens to you, put forth a ticket to WG. I have had to do it on a few occasions since the change, and it has always been swift and effective. 

You can do it to be a good noodle, but don't bother, just rather move on and forget about it ever happening. 

Gremlin182 #55 Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67916 battles

View PostShweinHund, on 21 December 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

If you have a big tank with a big engine, you can do what you like, push who you like out of any position you like......no penalty, no comeback.

In the old days you could balance the books by putting one into them......its not perfect but there was some redress. 

Not any more, bully boys rule the roost.

Happens so infrequently its not worth worrying about, at least that's my experience pushed deliberately maybe 2 or 3 times this year.

When they push you you report them and they get punished or at least its noted and if they continue pushing players they get punished.

All they removed was the damage actions that would in the past have caused damage and been punished still are.

Ram or shoot enough friendly tanks for zero damage will still get you banned.

Robbie_T #56 Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23899 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

People who are complaining about being pushed out constant you must check yourself.

the times that i got pushed out of or in front off i can count on 1 hand.and thaose where just dudes who had to annoy people no matter what.

Sometimes you have to give up your spot for the better of the team.

Like tier 7 heavy will be faster  at the heavychoke/brawl point than the tier 9.

As soon as that tier 9 heavy arrives the tier 9 heavy takes the front point and the lower heavys hide behind him and take the second shot.

but nowadays 50%of those tier 7 heavys will hold up the point and expect the tier 9 over angling to get shots off.

Luckely today i was in my Type 5 and a t44 was first at the choke point as soon arrived he moved behind me and let me take the lead at the choke point.

and protecting me from other tanks pulling up on me when i shot. that was a 55% winrate player that know what he was doing.

If he did not do that it probberly ended with him getting smoked by the enemy tier 9s  or that i accedently  block him to get shots off.

Edited by Robbie_T, 23 December 2019 - 03:20 AM.

antwerp_fighter #57 Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 60528 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostHomer_J, on 23 December 2019 - 12:02 AM, said:

Can you share some links about those complaints?

I sent some tickets to players support with replay, and also reported in game, but nothing happened to that offenders (I checked his status after those reports everyday for several days, but he keeps playing everyday without any bans)

So, GG to report system and ticket system.

stokerel #58 Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16588 battles
To each their own, everybody has different tolerances for different bad behaviors. I can count on one hand the instances I've been pushed or shot by allies to death since I've started playing this game.

The answer is always to ignore and do something else. Do you also pick a fight or run to the police for every traffic violation you witness???

What personally triggers me the most is antisemitic, rasist or other extremely bad chat offences. I witness these during at least 1/3 of the games I play. A simple chat ban is not an appropriate punishment for those people, as somebody else above said. Most of Europe criminally prosecutes such behavior in real life so how come it's basically tolerated into a video game, PG7???

Tl:dr: just go on with your life dude, stop giving thosr people attemtion, it's exactly what they want.

jabster #59 Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12879 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostLethalWalou, on 23 December 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

So you want me to show you screenshots of the tickets I sent and got answered to? Care to offer a time machine for me to go get continuous screeshots of the players reported not playing for at least 3 days? We both know that you won't be satisfied with the CS ticket screenshots... And it still is your job to prove it's not working as the assumption is that it works and nothing automatically suggests that it doesn't work.

And like said, take a moment to remind yourself why the in game system for example is how it is. It still isn't WG's fault that it was and still is abused. The ticket system is just that tiny step away, but that tiny step is big enough for people to not easily report someone because if it was easy as two mouse clicks in game is, it would be greatly abused as past has proven. You can be as unhappy as you want about the tiny step you have to take to report someone but you have no grounds to blame WG for it because it simply is not their fault that the players abused the system.

There’s certainly enough posts with raise ticket for physics abuse followed by a ban that it’s perfectly justified to believe it works at least in a fashion. The in-game reporting system, I’m slightly dubious about whether this does anything or if the threshold is so high the chances of a player triggering it are minimal.

LethalWalou #60 Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View Postjabster, on 23 December 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

There’s certainly enough posts with raise ticket for physics abuse followed by a ban that it’s perfectly justified to believe it works at least in a fashion. The in-game reporting system, I’m slightly dubious about whether this does anything or if the threshold is so high the chances of a player triggering it are minimal.

Well what we go by is that WG says both systems work and since we've had so many confirmations of ticket system working, we have no reason to expect WG to lie about in game reporting working so the automatic assumption is that it works but the threshold of reports is very high due to the threat of it being abused.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users