what next where to put my girls medium tank line

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

gunslingerXXX #1 Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13571 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

So after finishing two TD lines recently I intended to play some medium tanks. I could use some advice on the Cz/Se/It lines, I'm not really interested in the USSR tanks...

The italian line seems very nice, the prosecco I have on rental works very well for me so I lean towards the italian line. The CZ line (or rather the tier 9&10) always appealed to me, but as they have been introduced quite some time ago, perhaps they are becoming a bit absolete? The Swedish tanks have a nice armour, and because I like to play quite aggresively, a bit of frontal armour might be good, also hull down they seem very strong.

Basically my question is, which order do you guys rate these lines? I'm more interested in the line as a whole, the strength of tier 10 is not that important as I don't really like to play tier 10 anyway. Also thanks to the recent blueprint distribution, having 1 or 2 stinkers in the line (TVP VTU) is not a big deal.

I'm looking to start my holiday ops girls in the line, I have a decent female crew in my Strv 74 already but I think about keeping the Strv anyway. Maybe I will split the girls up and use some of the crew books.

Any advice is welcome, as mentioned I like to play quite aggresively, and prefer faster tanks. I play quite a lot of light tanks, so tanks with spotting capabilities are also a pre.

antwerp_fighter #2 Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53935 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Italian line > CZ line, IMO,

progetto feels more consistent, although TVP/Skoda has more bursting capacity...and in Italian line, there is no "that" bad tank grind, like TVP VTU...

Based on your play style, I guess you will like both lines, I prefer Standard B / Skoda T50, if you dont like tier 10s, both are among the best mediums, tier for tier.

Swedish heavies are very different, but you will reveal its true beauty until tier 9...Sometimes, I like lead the charge in medium side, with the help of hull-down, it works most of time.

shikaka9 #3 Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 73741 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Italian job

Balc0ra #4 Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It depends on your style I guess. Czech has the tier 6 that is good fun that's a great bully tank. Then you get two grinds that might be less fun, going from bully to support roles. Then you get the tier 9 that is a terrible stock grind with bad mobility. But amazing elited, and a fun bully/support med once you get the clip gun.

Italians have IMO solid tier 6 and 7 support meds with high alpha and a good turret. But they are not flexible, nor agile. But get the job done. Tier 8 is where the fun starts, and the tier 9 is simply amazing as both a bully, support or flanker med. Even has high HE pen if you want to troll lights.

Swedish is definitely more flexible on mid tier vs the Italians. And the tier 7 IMO is super solid as a flanker, bully, scout, or support med depending on gun. Then you get the change with the tier 8+ in terms of style. Not played the tier X. But tier 8 was great ridgeline fighter and bully. Tho turret won't bounce anything unlike the tier 9. So varying degrees of aggressiveness if you will.

Personally I would recommend the Italians overall. As they had less painful stock grinds, less crew dependent on mid-tier vs say the Czechs, no bad grinds or experience overall... IMO that is.

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 December 2019 - 08:29 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35287 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Standard B is a great tank. Can recommend.

Spurtung #6 Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Can only directly compare the Italian to the Czech, due to burst damage capabilities.

I like them for different reasons:

- The TVP is a beast to bully tanks. Anything with 1200HP or less, and alone, is dead. End of. My clip reload is just under 23s, and after shooting the first, dishes out the other 3 in 4.5s. Great mobility, perhaps a bit bulky in size (but smaller than the tier 9) and don't count on armor. I got a 2800 DPM on it.

-The Progetto is very flexible, decent gun depression and should really be kept only shooting the first and second shells (the other 2 take over 10s to load), and occasionally to empty the clip (if the main use for using it is to clip enemies, I'd recommend the TVP instead). My clips reloads in just under 44s, and takes 7.5s to empty all 4 shells. Also, the worst DPM of the 3, at 2560.

- The Swede, I haven't really used it extensively enough, but in comparison is much more situational and campy (read K-91 with gun depression). I got 8.1s reload on it, and it has the best DPM of the 3, at 3258 

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:51 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13571 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Thanks guys. I will definitely start the Italian line, may wait for some discounts... 

Think I will split up the girls and get four commanders, will probably play the other lines as well and see what would happen.

PowJay #8 Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:58 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41285 battles

I am a bit late to the party, but I cannot recommend the Czech line all that much. The only two tanks I like and have kept are the tier IV (hardly worth putting a female crew in) and the T-34/100, which is so unpopular that I couldn't possibly recommend it to you.

The Italian line has only mediums, and so far I have kept the tier III, IV, V and the VII is Elite, but not necessarily a "keeper". I even have the VI in the garage in case the VII did not work out, but it has so far. Whether or not you would want to put a female crew back into a lower-tier vehicle if the line didn't work out is up to you.

As for a Swedish crew. You do at least have the variety there, with every class bar SPGs. I have so far kept the tier IV, V, and VII meds and the VI and VIII TDs. My concern being always if I can't play the higher tiers, where do my experienced crew go to if I abandon lines.

splash_time #9 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14323 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  1. Italian
  2. Czech
  3. Sweden

(Based on what you asking for)

The spagetto is a real great tank, no matter how you'll play, single shoot or auto reload. It also have some armour, but not so reliable, decent speed and absolutely good gun depression. 

Thu the Swedish tanks are cooler IMHO, because they are useful behind ridge lines and most of the maps are full of bumps and ridge lines, so it can use that advantages most of the time. 

Czechoslovakian tanks are also great, I'll definitely recommend them to take a slot in my garage, they have great load time, great speed for both mobility and intra-clip reload. But they are a quite fat and large tanks.

As a conclusion, if you want my opinion depending on what you asked? I'll say STB-1 is what you need, good speed, great DPM, best gun depression of all game, and it's low profile. 

But from what you've chosen? Spagetto.

Edited by splash_time, 22 December 2019 - 10:45 AM.

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26486 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I am just starting on the Swedish meds, although i'm immensly looking forward to them. And only played a few games in the italian tier X so my experience is limited. But as I have over 400 games in the TVP, I can share my thoughts on it.

Czech:

Pros:

The TVP T50/51 is one of my most played tanks. The gun handling is unmatched by anything else in the autoloader/auto reloader category, it actually takes effort to miss with this thing.

The mobility and agility are excellent, even on poor ground this thing will duck and weave and when circling to unload it is too fast and quite small so you almost always come off better.

The clip reload is around the 20 second mark, which for the potential burst damage can be incredible. Dispaching the clip can be done even before a russian med can reload which can be devastating. Also, ammo racks are common in this thing since people don't have  time to react with their repair kit before the next shell comes.

Cons:

Poor standard penetration, 248 pen ap can be a nuisance at times and can make longer range engagements (particularly against more armoured targets) a struggle. The gun handling does help when hitting weakspots but you will find yourself using gold more often. The HEAT pen is also lacking at 310 penetration, but it's enough for most targets. It can however need a high pen roll vs things like the Maus and Jageroo to penetrate the frontal stronger points.

Next to zero usable armour points. You may bounce the odd tier VIII medium shell, but apart from that pretty much everything that hits will pen.

Oldewolfe #11 Posted 22 December 2019 - 01:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 531 battles

All 3...     Italians First, Simplest Line, only 1 thing to worry about, Tier 1 to Tier 10...      I would say Czech next for the Same Reason, but I have yet to Grind it myself and I hear BAD things about the Tier 8, but I have done all the Swede Lines minus the 15/16 and TD's.....      So, for Comfort Reasons, I suggest Swediums Next.....

Swede Mediums will also give you a Taste of the TD Line if you're even Considering it....      Swede Heavies will Continue the Autoloaders, and they're a Relatively Short Grind from the Leo....      And since the Buff, I hear they're Far Better than they used to be and I liked them BEFORE they were Buffed....

The Czech I would say Last just because the Tier 8, if it REALLY is that Bad, you'll wanna Free Up some Spare XP to get Past it....         If you have the T27, or if it comes up again, it's a Fune Replacement for the Tree Tier 8 and is more Like the Upper Tiers I hear...

Tier 8 on Up Italians are the Heart and Soul of the Line, but the Tier 4 is a great little Diversion Tank with the High Pen HE....      The Swede Tier 6 and 7 are Great Tanks, the Leo has 2 Workable Gun depending on you Preferances....     The 14/5 is a Great Tier 8, played as a Hybrid TD/Medium/Scout, it can Wreak Havoc and give you Practice for the TD Line....      The T27 is the only Czech Tank I have Experience with, but I do like it alot....     Faster Reloads, both Full Clip and Interclip, than the 40T since it has a 3 Shot Clip anyway...

The Emils I have yet to Play since the Buff, I still have the Emil II and it's Crew was moved to the Kranvagn ages ago....     Both were Very Good back in the Day and Tough to Punch Holes thru if you kept the Hull well hidden.....      I still need a New Crew for my Emil II and to Buy Back my Emil I, but I will he Soon....     I did want the Emil 1951 so I wouldn't need to buy it Back, but since they Broke Frontline for the most Part, that never Happened....

My Thoughts on the Subject, Good Luck in your Grinds, and Hopefully this Helps some along with the other Suggestions....

Bordhaw #12 Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15576 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 21 December 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Czech, Swedish and/or Italian line?

Any advice is welcome

gunslingerXXX #13 Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:30 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13571 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostBordhaw, on 22 December 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

Thats the point of playing a game IRC ;)

FatigueGalaxy #14 Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22739 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Italian:

Tier 2-3 are good, tier 4 is OP, tier 5 is decent, tier 6 and 7 are good, tier 8 is a balanced Progetto, tier 9 and 10 are very good. In short: all nice tanks, no horrible grinds.

Czech line is "very meh" until tier 9 but it's still worth it because it's a joy to play. 960 damage in 3,6 s, fast, decent gun depression.

Swedish line is good until mid tiers. Tier 8 is definitely a stopping point because it has good combination of alpha, dpm, gun depression, speed and camo. Hydropneumatic suspension is kinda clunky but you can make it worth with your alpha and pen advantage (compared to other mediums). Then you get to tier 9 and all advantages of tier 8 disappear in exchange for armour that doesn't work 9 out of 10 times. No alpha advantage, bad DPM and penetration and you are slower than tier 8. Clunky suspension instead of being a nice addition (tier 8) is now your main focus - you either use it perfectly or you are just a bad tier 9 medium. And it's very hard to use. I found out that in many positions, even using full gun depression you can't hide LFP completely and some of it will stick out... Also, people will just load HEAT and laugh at you.

I'm guessing tier 10 is in similar situation but it at least has 440 alpha. Not going to buy it, though - I'll finish tier 9 and go back to tier 8.

mpf1959 #15 Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31333 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
British! :playing:

Gardar7 #16 Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24907 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I like the whole CZ line, I'm at tier 9 now. That fast autoloader can give you funny moments, this is why I bought Skoda T27 as well, I wanted this feature while I'm making some silver. Although, TVP VTU is a long grind with a horrible tank, I would recommend to use your fragments on blueprints and/or free xp just to skip that abomination.

Swedish meds - I loved the Leo, it was my most played tank in 2019, with the high alpha gun of course. After that I have got the punch in the face, UDES 14 5. I hated that tank, the grind took me one year and the second half was done by blueprints just recently. I will se the UDES 16, but I like it more already, even stock. I think they should continue the line with similar tanks to Leo. Lansen C is similar, I like it more than UDES 14 5, but maybe they should add a second med line with Lansen variants up to tier 10.

Summarized, I would choose the CZ/SK line but to be honest I'm only at tier 5 with the Italian tanks as I don't like their appearance and I'm not that interested in those tanks. Maybe later. So I can give you my viewpoint only for the CZ and SE mediums.

Sael_ #17 Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:04 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 1517 battles
  • [S4LVA] S4LVA

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 21 December 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

the prosecco

Kek. Thank you, so far I have only seen it called 'prosciutto'.

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 21 December 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

Standard B is a great tank. Can recommend.

^^ This is true.

View Postsplash_time, on 22 December 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

1. Italian

The spaghetto is a real great tank, no matter how you'll play, single shoot or auto reload. It also have some armour, but not so reliable, decent speed and absolutely good gun depression. 

As a conclusion, if you want my opinion depending on what you asked? I'll say STB-1 is what you need, good speed, great DPM, best gun depression of all game, and it's low profile. 

But from what you've chosen? Spaghetto.

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 23 December 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Italian:

Tier 2-3 are good, tier 4 is OP, tier 5 is decent, tier 6 and 7 are good, tier 8 is a balanced Progetto, tier 9 and 10 are very good. In short: all nice tanks, no horrible grinds.

I have come here to reinforce the spaghetto bias. That is my lot in tank life.

Spoiler

wAr_God_11 #18 Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21854 battles
  • [EVILC] EVILC

since this thread is not dead yet and i really don't feel like making a new one 

how do u guys decide if it is the right time to play the next tank in any tech tree,

like, i bought the tier X tvp yesterday, haven't played it yet, still playing skoda, i have okaish dpg on skoda, whats the right time/dpg to move on to next one?same with 5a.

don;t want it to end up like my early tech tree lines :trollface:

dan_dix #19 Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19544 battles
Moving on to the next tank is a very difficult decision for me nowadays. Particularly for the "keeper" tier 9s, as I hate ti leave them without a good crew. I try to plan a strategy for training a replacement crew before moving on

geoff99 #20 Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44101 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I think all three lines are good and worth grinding and I recommend tier 9 and 10 of each (I've bought udes 15/16 but not played it yet, but as I like udes 16 I assume I'll like it).

As to when to move up; I recommend do so when you're ready. Keep tanks and crews that you like. Train new crews for new, higher tier tanks in reliable mid tier tanks. Do not grind a new crew in a high tier tank. eg I'm currently grinding a new crew for udes 15/16 in the tier 7 leo. And this is a great opportunity for using crew books and crew xp boosters.

For me:

Italian - tier 6 to 8 are fine, tier 9 and 10 very good.  I'd probably have kept the tier 8 if I didn't have the prog 46.

Czech - 6 was good, 7 ok, 8 awful, 9 and 10 good. But I don't find the skoda t50, tier 9, as good as others seem to. The burst damage is fantastic vs tier 7, but its made of paper and not very fast so you have to play safe for the early game, at least.

Swedish - 6 and 7 good. 8 disappointing. 9 and 10 good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users