Getting a bit tired of random, especially during events

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Naughtilus #1 Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32623 battles

So I figured out it might be a good idea to dip my toes in the clan stuff again. Random's been fun for a couple months, I can play my favourite tier 9, but I do get an itch for some coordinated gameplay. And it doesn't help that first the marathon, then all the Christmassy stuff makes all kinds of tomatoes crawl out of the woodwork and everybody plays redline like a bot for some reason.

So. About me. I suck at LTs, my mental age oscillates between 15 and 100, I despise artillery (but still will play it for the missions because I have to waste my orders on LT missions), people who spam gold needlessly and without even considering using standard, and people who drive full gold sh*tbarns/deathstars then laugh like a crossbreed between a donkey and an air raid siren when they hit someone (yes, very specific, one Czech streamer in particular). I hate playing tier X randoms. I don't like TS but again will stomach it. Very much prefer discord, unlike TS it's a program I actually use beyond voice chat for WoT, which really is the only thing I did use TS for.

Now the hardest part. What am I looking for? My preferred organised mode is Tier 8 SH. I can stomach CW, or even advances (though I hate SO MUCH all the waiting associated, and as I mentioned, tier X is far from my favourite). I'm sure the clans will check me out, well, I intend to check them out as well. If I see that you don't play SH, I won't even bother to reply.
It gets complicated when it comes to the balance between casual and competitive.

It's kinda Catch-22, you see. On one hand, I'm looking for a clan where you aren't just a sum of your stats, but the clans that welcome everyone usually don't play organised at the level I want to play at, if they play at all. One of my previous clans was like that by the end of my tenure there. The people I enjoyed playing SH with mostly left for more competitive clans, and playing with the rest, well... Let's just say it was often problematic to assemble at all, and people basically didn't know what to do, but they didn't listen when they were told what to do.

On the other hand, the clans at roughly my desired level of play and organisation (and one I'd like to think I'm capable of playing at) or higher generally tend to stat check, impose monthly activity quotas et cetera, and some even kinda treat it like some kind of unpaid jobs, where you even have to report absences n stuff. Others have ridiculously high demands that half of their members don't even meet.

So you see, I don't think what I want actually exists. I'm gonna have to make a compromise either way.

Make me think that I should make it your way.

P.S.: I reserve the right to decline an invitation over the most trivial of reasons, such as, but not limited to hideous emblem, pretentious name, or even just a grammatical mistake in your recruitment post.

P.P.S.: one thing I forgot to add: I'm not looking to be a part of a (re)building, or have any kind of commander/officer responsibilities. I just want to plug and play.

P.P.P.S.: I think I want to stay away from clans affiliated in any way with some content creator. It'd be kinda awkward to be in one without even knowing them, which would basically be the case with the exception of QB. And that one didn't work out either, I had faced harassment for the clantag, don't wanna get that again.

Edited by Naughtilus, 21 December 2019 - 08:50 PM.

_Corvus_Corax #2 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36078 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Hi Naughtilus

brt_6 is recruiting. We are an active English speaking clan which takes part in skirmish daily either T8 or TX. We share our teamspeak channel :ohmy: with our sister clans.

check out our recruitment page

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/585583-brt-6-17th21st-lancers-recruiting/

or clan page

http://eu.wargaming....lans/500062438/

for details

contact Lotusblossom in game or in forum,

DuckPhobia #3 Posted 22 December 2019 - 04:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14425 battles
Naughtilus you on the trail again lol

Naughtilus #4 Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32623 battles

Your point being, Duck?

I'd like to ask you and, well, anyone else to keep the thread free of unnecessary clutter.

Naughtilus #5 Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32623 battles

I'd like to add that I'm not looking for just a place for the upcoming campaign, which I didn't even know about until after I've begun my search, but something rather permanent(ish).

@lotusblossom Thanks for the Hello Insert Name copypaste but no thanks. Also your clan name is super pretentious.

Naughtilus #6 Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32623 battles

And yet again. Wasn't quite what I was looking for. Too bad that one doesn't really get that accurate picture of a clan until after joining and spending some time there.

Maybe I should wait until after that bloody campaign, everyone's just going full tryhard and focused and I don't wanna be put in the same bag as the rent boys who only join clans for the campaign (yes.that means for the tanks :P )

Dikaseush #7 Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22400 battles
  • [PERL] PERL
tbh. i found this guy looking for a clan for a long while. he thinks he is some kind of superstar or smth. not recomending picking.

Naughtilus #8 Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32623 battles
I don't remember interacting with you in any way, so please keep your unnecessary comments to yourself.

Naughtilus #9 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32623 battles

After a bit of thinking, decided to stop looking for now and resume after the campaign is over and the rent boys are back where they belong.

Lock please, feel free to delete if possible.

Joggaman #10 Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26436 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNaughtilus, on 09 January 2020 - 02:03 PM, said:

After a bit of thinking, decided to stop looking for now and resume after the campaign is over and the rent boys are back where they belong.

Lock please, feel free to delete if possible.

Feel free to draw a fish if you want to give The Dingers Community a go. 

Naughtilus #11 Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32623 battles
Would if you guys did SH.

Naughtilus #12 Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32623 battles
I would like to repeat the request to close the thread.

Edited by Anna_Kalashnikova, 20 January 2020 - 01:17 PM.
Thread closed at creator's request

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users