Please add check if crew members already exist for a vechicle

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

getmeajobinoz #1 Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44742 battles
  • [HWM] HWM

This has happened to me with the current X-mas update.  I recruited women crew members as bonus thinking to have them on my new and shiny Super Conqueror.  Two of them are gunners (S.Conq needs only one gunner) needing complete retraining while she has not been to any battle at all.  I would expect WOT to check if there are enough crew for a certain vehicle and give at least a warning that "You have already a gunner for that vehicle -  are you sure?" (or two in cases when there are multiple ones for a role like loader, say you have already two loaders).

I am fairly disappointed with the two gunners (I remembered that the first one was selected to be a commander just it shows up as gunner now - not sure if this is by game bug or my mistake). Whichever, it does not matter for this suggestion, implementing of this warning popup would be useful.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35287 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
You misclicked, that's not really WG at fault. You can still respec them to a different position, costs a bit of gold tho.

Spurtung #3 Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View Postgetmeajobinoz, on 21 December 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

I would expect WOT to check if there are enough crew for a certain vehicle and give at least a warning that "You have already a gunner for that vehicle -  are you sure?" (or two in cases when there are multiple ones for a role like loader, say you have already two loaders).

Why exactly would you "expect" that?

getmeajobinoz #4 Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44742 battles
  • [HWM] HWM
I would expect that because recruiting redundant team is not a normal use case.  Is there any reason actually why you would train multiple members for the same role on the same vehicle?  Your comment made me curious if you just like to disagree or if you have really any point.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postgetmeajobinoz, on 21 December 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

I would expect that because recruiting redundant team is not a normal use case.  Is there any reason actually why you would train multiple members for the same role on the same vehicle?  Your comment made me curious if you just like to disagree or if you have really any point.

Most female crews go for old tanks with a bad crew more so then a new one with no crew. So they do take roles already taken more so then not for WG to... point it out I suspect.

getmeajobinoz #6 Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44742 battles
  • [HWM] HWM

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 21 December 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

You misclicked, that's not really WG at fault. You can still respec them to a different position, costs a bit of gold tho.

Well, not sure, I am too lazy to load my network trace and debug what was sent in the packets. Even if that would be done, one could see only what data the client sent and it is impossible to say what really has happened without a full video recording. Anyways, seeing the number of threads going, most probably no one gives a shot about it.

20:13 Added after 4 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 December 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

Most female crews go for old tanks with a bad crew more so then a new one with no crew. So they do take roles already taken more so then not for WG to... point it out I suspect.

I certainly disagree on this approach after waiting IS-4 play to have full female campaign crew. There does not seem to be any benefit on replacing old crew - if you like to play one, they gain XP anyways and get up to speed quickly. What you do not play, well, it does not even matter.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:18 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35287 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postgetmeajobinoz, on 21 December 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

Well, not sure, I am too lazy to load my network trace and debug what was sent in the packets. Even if that would be done, one could see only what data the client sent and it is impossible to say what really has happened without a full video recording. Anyways, seeing the number of threads going, most probably no one gives a shot about it.

While it would indeed require video evidence to confirm beyond any doubt, on the balance of things if I had to choose which seemed the more likely scenario, either a data packet corrupted en route in exactly the right way to both confirm to the server you wanted a second gunner position and pass any checksum validation, or alternatively you misclicked. Well...

mjs_89 #8 Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9326 battles
  • [95137] 95137

Well, I currently have 2 full crews with 2-3 skills per member for (at least) 2 tanks in my garage, the Skoda T-50 and the AMX 30.

Why? Because I plan to keep the tier 9 tanks when I reach tier 10 and recruited the spare crew some time ago to train them in premium tanks during Frontlines.

But that could be just a "me" thing, since I like to put the crew I dragged through the whole line in the tier 10, even if the 9 is the better tank. Some of those crews have collected impressive amounts of epic medals...

Orkbert #9 Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28780 battles

View Postgetmeajobinoz, on 21 December 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

Now how about you explain to us why you don't want to check yourself if you already got a crew for a specific vehicle? Or actually remember how good or bad the existing crew is?

Occasionally I am really amazed by the sheer laziness that some people can't even be bothered to make two, three mouse clicks.

getmeajobinoz #10 Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44742 battles
  • [HWM] HWM

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 21 December 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

While it would indeed require video evidence to confirm beyond any doubt, on the balance of things if I had to choose which seemed the more likely scenario, either a data packet corrupted en route in exactly the right way to both confirm to the server you wanted a second gunner position and pass any checksum validation, or alternatively you misclicked. Well...

Long story short: video evidence in this case would show a screen what is not really an evidence and could be mocked up. TCP account data does not go wrong (it is checksumed and encrypted, decoder and checksuming (MD5 or whatever should fail both the same way, they do not).

Obvious user error: must be safeguarded against (still, if it was a user error what can be told only by comparing source code, build running, client log, server log, altogether).

20:51 Added after 2 minute

View Postmjs_89, on 21 December 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Well, I currently have 2 full crews with 2-3 skills per member for (at least) 2 tanks in my garage, the Skoda T-50 and the AMX 30.

Why? Because I plan to keep the tier 9 tanks when I reach tier 10 and recruited the spare crew some time ago to train them in premium tanks during Frontlines.

But that could be just a "me" thing, since I like to put the crew I dragged through the whole line in the tier 10, even if the 9 is the better tank. Some of those crews have collected impressive amounts of epic medals...

So, shall the requirement be extended with the tier 10 condition?  "Me" thing, not sure, most tier niners are not very useful, tier 5, 8, 10, that is about it IMO.

20:56 Added after 7 minute
I guess you are right, it is best to uninstall after wasting too much time on this. Having said so, I am coding for 30 years now (yes, I am that old) and lack of basic features like speedometer, platoon and individual speed matching instead of the 3 gears mode as well as this one. Then having these pointless arguments - gonna have to do something more useful.

Edited by getmeajobinoz, 21 December 2019 - 09:57 PM.

Spurtung #11 Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View Postgetmeajobinoz, on 21 December 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 December 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

I certainly disagree on this approach after waiting IS-4 play to have full female campaign crew. There does not seem to be any benefit on replacing old crew - if you like to play one, they gain XP anyways and get up to speed quickly. What you do not play, well, it does not even matter.

You disagree, because you have few crews and few tanks. Right now, I got 12 female crew members to recruit, and 414 tanks in the garage. Which tanks do you seriously expect will get them, new ones?

SamuraiShakaViking #12 Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11975 battles
  • [777PC] 777PC

View Postgetmeajobinoz, on 21 December 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

This has happened to me with the current X-mas update.  I recruited women crew members as bonus thinking to have them on my new and shiny Super Conqueror.  Two of them are gunners (S.Conq needs only one gunner) needing complete retraining while she has not been to any battle at all.  I would expect WOT to check if there are enough crew for a certain vehicle and give at least a warning that "You have already a gunner for that vehicle -  are you sure?" (or two in cases when there are multiple ones for a role like loader, say you have already two loaders).

I am fairly disappointed with the two gunners (I remembered that the first one was selected to be a commander just it shows up as gunner now - not sure if this is by game bug or my mistake). Whichever, it does not matter for this suggestion, implementing of this warning popup would be useful.

I agree with you on all your points..

This is a constructive suggestion,  for an improvement which should  be there by default,. And could be so easy to include for better UI and qol

Spurtung #13 Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostSamuraiShakaViking, on 22 December 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

I agree with you on all your points..

This is a constructive suggestion,  for an improvement which should  be there by default,. And could be so easy to include for better UI and qol

So, you mean to say people that know what they're doing and aren't muppets should get an annoying warning every single time they're recruiting a crew member so that mouthbreathers don't have to ever have any sort of clue about what they already have in their barracks, tanks or whatever?

How hard can it be to be organized at such low degree? [edited]me.

Bordhaw #14 Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15576 battles

View Postgetmeajobinoz, on 21 December 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

Just wait until the new year crew changes when you'll only need one crew person per tank..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users