"Free" camo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Spurtung #1 Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76259 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

I remember a few months ago (well over a year since that was before my Well Deserved Ban™ ) someone creating a thread concerning low tier tanks lacking MoE and someone replying their small guns wouldn't allow them to be seen anyway.

Well, in that thread, I recall posting a screenshot of the T7 Combat Car, with and without camo applied on its gun, arguing that there was no difference whatsoever between having the camo on it or not, and that purists could save some gold from not equipping that slot, and sticking to turret and hull. Mine had all 3 camo parts, as they had been equipped back when the camo was full tank and its cost was tier dependant, so I just left it that way.

Today, with the equipment discount, I decided it was time all 414 tanks in the garage had their own equipment, and that I'd even get the extra binoculars and camo nets to make sure of that, and, when I went through that tank, this happened:

Block Quote

Due to module replacement, the following customization elements have been removed from T7 Combat Car.
Summer Map: Camouflage "Tropical three-tone" (x1).
Winter Map: Camouflage "Two-tone large spots" (x1).
Desert Map: Camouflage "Stripes" (x1).

So it could be worth for the odd forumite that has the tank and the full camo to just visit the old bugger and claim this awesome reward?

Edited by Spurtung, 21 December 2019 - 10:49 PM.

Gixxer66 #2 Posted 22 December 2019 - 09:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19721 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
My VK28.01 has retained it's original camo scheme from way back when you bought the scheme per map type and for the whole tank. But then again I don't think I've changed any modules on it, and have no plans to either. Especially if it means losing the "traditional" camo schemes on it.

WoT_RU_Doing #3 Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59858 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostSpurtung, on 21 December 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

I remember a few months ago (well over a year since that was before my Well Deserved Ban™ ) someone creating a thread concerning low tier tanks lacking MoE and someone replying their small guns wouldn't allow them to be seen anyway.

Well, in that thread, I recall posting a screenshot of the T7 Combat Car, with and without camo applied on its gun, arguing that there was no difference whatsoever between having the camo on it or not, and that purists could save some gold from not equipping that slot, and sticking to turret and hull. Mine had all 3 camo parts, as they had been equipped back when the camo was full tank and its cost was tier dependant, so I just left it that way.

Today, with the equipment discount, I decided it was time all 414 tanks in the garage had their own equipment, and that I'd even get the extra binoculars and camo nets to make sure of that, and, when I went through that tank, this happened:

So it could be worth for the odd forumite that has the tank and the full camo to just visit the old bugger and claim this awesome reward?

Sounds like a case for customer services rather than the forum I'm afraid. Personally I don't recall it ever happening to me or my T7, and I have stupid numbers of tanks, all with their own camo applied.

1ucky #4 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89606 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

I had similar messages pop up multiple times (during the time period soon after the camo paint system change) but I didn't screenshot how the camo looked before and after.

I was somewhat concerned at first, but as I saw that there is still camo on the tanks in question I figured the damage done is probably not too great. In fact it seems that in an overwhelming majority of cases the tanks aren't worse off than they were before, beauty-wise. There are maybe just a couple that look a bit worse now cause of a badly chosen scaling of the camo pattern or whatever. Anyhow, not much harm done, thankfully.

Oh, and considering your idea of stripping the gun in order to get one extra set of camo for use on some other tank:

Nice one! :)

:great:

kaneloon #5 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31568 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

I believe I have less and less use of those camos parts with all the camo you can win : football, potatoes, dog paws, undead, every Chrismas, clans, events, usw ...

Spurtung #6 Posted 22 December 2019 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76259 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 22 December 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Sounds like a case for customer services rather than the forum I'm afraid. Personally I don't recall it ever happening to me or my T7, and I have stupid numbers of tanks, all with their own camo applied.

I think you should start getting a better comprehension of the things you read.

View PostGixxer66, on 22 December 2019 - 08:32 AM, said:

My VK28.01 has retained it's original camo scheme from way back when you bought the scheme per map type and for the whole tank. But then again I don't think I've changed any modules on it, and have no plans to either. Especially if it means losing the "traditional" camo schemes on it.

Nothing was lost, and I certainly didn't change any modules myself, as that's a premium vehicle. If you have the T7 Combat Car, you'll notice you can't apply camo to its gun anymore, which I had before. WG is simply returning the camo I've applied to a gun that can no longer have camo applied to it, that's all.

View Post1ucky, on 22 December 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Oh, and considering your idea of stripping the gun in order to get one extra set of camo for use on some other tank:

Nice one! :)

That wasn't the case here, but it sure is something you can do anyway: the only camo that counts is the one applied to the hull, so even the turret can go "naked" for what concealment bonus is concerned.

Edited by Spurtung, 22 December 2019 - 04:01 PM.

Xandania #7 Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44421 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

I think WG is sneakily merging painting-areas on the tanks - they might as well, as only th ehull matters nowadays for gameplay purposes :)

Anyhow, thanks to that I don't have to pay as much to colour all my 475 tanks (53 tech tree tanks still missing :P )

Spurtung #8 Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76259 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostXandania, on 22 December 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

475 tanks (53 tech tree tanks still missing)

How the hell have I played with 574 different tanks, then? :amazed:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users