Jump to content


wheeled Cars not TANKS!


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Vasily_Badgernov #1 Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:41 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13626 battles
  • 73
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    05-24-2012

Since the release of wheeled Cars (not tanks) i have noticed a lot toxicity towards them and the players playing them.

some of it warranted due to the game and armor mechanics for about 20% of the problem and the remaining 80% due to the frustration caused by the first 20%.

here is where i see 2 main problems 

1. spotting on the move, yes the wheeled Cars can travel at about 70kph and still spot all the team and get away with it with out getting hit or if they do its a crit and they run away with a broken wheele etc.

 

2. relating to the first point if the car gets hit with a round and it hits the wheel it acts a spaced armor, fair enough same as tracks but its not as if you brake the track the tank is stuck but the car can keep going at a reduced speed and live as where a tank may lose all HP or be reduced to Low HP where they are combat ineffective.

 

So the questions i would like ask are theses

 

1. Are there plans to work on the wheel Cars to bring them to an even playing field with other scouts  

2. Possibly look at the damage models for the wheels E.G. if they get hit with a high enough cal round, you over match and do reduced damage on a penetration 

3. will there be a spotting penalty for travelling at top speed and still spotting at you maximum range.

 

any constructive feed back on this from players or devs etc would be very welcome.

 

wishing you all a merry Festive Season 



LethalWalou #2 Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:45 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 36564 battles
  • 4,128
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

Wheeled vehicle whine thread #464214

 

Can't wait for the mod teams Christmas present to us tomorrow called ''The big WV discussion thread'' :hiding:


Edited by LethalWalou, 23 December 2019 - 08:45 PM.


BlueSnail #3 Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23803 battles
  • 635
  • [KBAD] KBAD
  • Member since:
    09-20-2014
I want to mount French wheels on my Russian Heavies.    :playing:

shikaka9 #4 Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:48 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 81017 battles
  • 2,907
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
and this is not tank game, its just star trek spin off 

Vasily_Badgernov #5 Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:09 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13626 battles
  • 73
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    05-24-2012

View PostLethalWalou, on 23 December 2019 - 07:45 PM, said:

Wheeled vehicle whine thread #464214

 

Can't wait for the mod teams Christmas present to us tomorrow called ''The big WV discussion thread'' :hiding:

maybe they should have as there are arguments on both sides, i would say i am on the fence as there are good and bad points with them, the same could be said for some of the tanks etc, but the main issue i get with them when in JGE100 firing standered AP, you hit the wheel and it stops the round dead, i would like to think a 17cm round with pen of 299mm would pass through and do some dmg at a reduction due to it overmaching the armor of the wheel

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:G72_JagdPz_E100 , to show where i got my numbers from 



LethalWalou #6 Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 36564 battles
  • 4,128
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View PostDerpy__Badger, on 23 December 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

maybe they should have as there are arguments on both sides, i would say i am on the fence as there are good and bad points with them, the same could be said for some of the tanks etc, but the main issue i get with them when in JGE100 firing standered AP, you hit the wheel and it stops the round dead, i would like to think a 17cm round with pen of 299mm would pass through and do some dmg at a reduction due to it overmaching the armor of the wheel

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:G72_JagdPz_E100 , to show where i got my numbers from 

 

Discussion should only be started once your side drops all the misinformation from the subject, ie. the wheels do not stop AP, APCR or HEAT shells. It's been tested as well. This subject has been gone through multiple times already but for some reason you still felt the need to make a new thread for it.



Orkbert #7 Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30579 battles
  • 2,629
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

View PostDerpy__Badger, on 23 December 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Since the release of wheeled Cars (not tanks) i have noticed a lot toxicity towards them and the players playing them.

 

Please enlighten us why every military on Earth is classifying them wrongly as tanks.



arthurwellsley #8 Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 57151 battles
  • 4,602
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

I am sorry Derpy_Badger but I cannot take your views about wheeled vehicles seriously as you yourself have not played a single one. Not only that but with regards to light tanks you have as your highest tech tree light tanks the AMX 12t at tier VI and the T71 DA at tier VII. In addition you have purchased an AMX 13 57 premium tier VII.

 

The tier VI AMD (WV) is not very good in its tier, nor is the tier VII Hotchkiss, as for the tier VIII Lynx 6x6 I would rate it as weaker than most of the tier equivalent light tanks.

 

Before posting on the forums may I suggest (a) you play a few more nations light tanks up to at least tier IX, and (b) actually play the WV line so  you get more experience of their weakness, before pitching in with an opinion based on very little empirical research.



evilchaosmonkey #9 Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:46 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19092 battles
  • 2,367
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostOrkbert, on 23 December 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

 

Please enlighten us why every military on Earth is classifying them wrongly as tanks.

 

I think you'll find that's not right so 0/10 for the sarcasm.



Gremlin182 #10 Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66655 battles
  • 10,831
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Its reasonable for a tracked vehicle to stop dead when a track is destroyed as there is no way for the engine to drive the road wheels.

Even so it only takes maybe 2 seconds for a track to be repaired so its not a problem.

Wheeled vehicles really depends on how many wheels 4 6 8 and which ones are hit.

The speed and maneuverability of wheeled vehicles is reduced by hits and you still need to repair them.

 

So tracked tank - track destroyed  - repair kit  - moving again 2 seconds later.

Wheeled vehicle - wheel destroyed/damaged - down to maybe half speed and with bad steering - repair kit - back to normal 2 seconds later.

 

No they are not tanks and tank destroyers and SPGs are not tanks either but they are all armoured fighting vehicles.

All the units in the game are AFVs

Other than the Tier 10 Panhard EBR 105 which is every bit as good or better than standard Light tanks they are not OP.

I dread Wheeled scout tanks on my team as they are just not as good at scouting as Light tanks.

They are great at killing other light tanks but otherwise inferior.

 

You need to light up an enemy tank hopefully without making it move so your team can kill it.

For that to work you need stealth and the ability to keep the enemy spotted.

Racing in and then away again lights up an enemy for maybe 3 seconds and most of the time the team cannot act on that info.



The_Salty_Kipper #11 Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5144 battles
  • 199
  • Member since:
    01-16-2018

View PostGremlin182, on 23 December 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

I dread Wheeled scout tanks on my team as they are just not as good at scouting as Light tanks.

They are great at killing other light tanks but otherwise inferior.

 

That's a new thing to me.. 

 

My guess would be that WG introduced Wheeled Vehicles to counter-act late game dug in TDs, since their speed and relatively small size allows them to zip-zag and spot whilst doing it, problem I see with them is their insanely accurate guns (auto aim ++ ftw) and stupid damage with smaller caliber HE shells, which given the right player makes them seem slightly OP. I would even suggest that versus a Tracked LT (played by the said same player) the WV would be preferred. Tracked LTs are better at passive spotting, that is all. 

 

Unfortunately WG have to introduce new aspects to the game to keep players retained, which aren't always in the mold of the original idea (considering their reluctance to introduce certain tanks due to their time 'period' argument) but needed to keep the game alive or perhaps even interesting for some players. 

 

 

According to my in-game stats, there were 180K players online EU tonight, not a bad feat really. 

 

Personally I dislike them, but I also dislike RNG and un-equal map designs as well. 

 



NekoPuffer_PPP #12 Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:30 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38091 battles
  • 5,840
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Arty ain't tanks either but they're in the game...

 

View PostDerpy__Badger, on 23 December 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

1. spotting on the move, yes the wheeled Cars can travel at about 70kph and still spot all the team and get away with it with out getting hit or if they do its a crit and they run away with a broken wheele etc.

 

2. relating to the first point if the car gets hit with a round and it hits the wheel it acts a spaced armor, fair enough same as tracks but its not as if you brake the track the tank is stuck but the car can keep going at a reduced speed and live as where a tank may lose all HP or be reduced to Low HP where they are combat ineffective.

 

1. The only reason they get away with it is players either not shooting them or being terrible shots, or simply RNG.

 

2. If a wheel is broken, the WV will slow down and its turning ability will be almost halved. If two or more wheels are broken, that slows it down even more, eventually reducing it to a speed even the TOG II would laugh at.

 

Use HE to knock out more wheels...it's common sense. Explosions, critical hits, duhhh... Slow it down and it's dead.



frange #13 Posted 23 December 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34013 battles
  • 407
  • [FRNR] FRNR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013

View PostDerpy__Badger, on 23 December 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

maybe they should have as there are arguments on both sides, i would say i am on the fence as there are good and bad points with them, the same could be said for some of the tanks etc, but the main issue i get with them when in JGE100 firing standered AP, you hit the wheel and it stops the round dead, i would like to think a 17cm round with pen of 299mm would pass through and do some dmg at a reduction due to it overmaching the armor of the wheel

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:G72_JagdPz_E100 , to show where i got my numbers from 

 

I just bounced a 130mm AP-shot from my SU-130PM onto a EBR 90. Yes - bounced - didnt penetrate. 

 

Yeah - that feels legit. Where the hell on the EBR is there even enough armor do not get overmatched by a 130mm round?



Draqutsc #14 Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22974 battles
  • 153
  • Member since:
    11-02-2012

View PostThe_Salty_Kipper, on 23 December 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

 

That's a new thing to me.. 

 

My guess would be that WG introduced Wheeled Vehicles to counter-act late game dug in TDs, since their speed and relatively small size allows them to zip-zag and spot whilst doing it, problem I see with them is their insanely accurate guns (auto aim ++ ftw) and stupid damage with smaller caliber HE shells, which given the right player makes them seem slightly OP. I would even suggest that versus a Tracked LT (played by the said same player) the WV would be preferred. Tracked LTs are better at passive spotting, that is all. 

 

Unfortunately WG have to introduce new aspects to the game to keep players retained, which aren't always in the mold of the original idea (considering their reluctance to introduce certain tanks due to their time 'period' argument) but needed to keep the game alive or perhaps even interesting for some players. 

 

 

According to my in-game stats, there were 180K players online EU tonight, not a bad feat really. 

 

Personally I dislike them, but I also dislike RNG and un-equal map designs as well. 

 

 

Wheeled Vehicles are the perfect anti light tanks, they have better camo and are way faster. Light tanks overall have the worst gun handling in the game making it very hard for light tanks to hit Wheeled Vehicles. An equal tier light tank will always lose in a one on one fight with a Wheeled Vehicle since the Wheeled Vehicles have high pen HE and the best gun handling in the game. The only times a Light tank will win is if the Wheeled Vehicle player makes an error. Wheeled Vehicles are light tank killers and are great assassins that can spot when needed. While all other light tanks are just inferior nerfed medium tanks with reduced view range that keep their camo on the move.



Isius #15 Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:14 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 34487 battles
  • 28
  • [W-S-L] W-S-L
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
WOT dont see a problem. They dot give a [edited]. Care only about money... . Ive seen a prototype of Flying tank in Bovingtone. Introduce that as well. WOT hire a idiots and here we have EBR. TANK = TRACK, EBR = Wheels ( That is not a TANK ).

Edited by Homer_J, 24 December 2019 - 12:40 AM.
Swearing


Homer_J #16 Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:42 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 34002 battles
  • 38,980
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDerpy__Badger, on 23 December 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

 

2. Possibly look at the damage models for the wheels E.G. if they get hit with a high enough cal round, you over match and do reduced damage on a penetration 

 

The problem most people have when shooting them is the wheels are big and the actual tank quite small so they hit the wheels and completely miss the tank.  If you hit the hull then you will do damage.



Spurtung #17 Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:50 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 84642 battles
  • 8,601
  • [USSRX] USSRX
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
[edited]me and the daily threads spewing the same crap over and over again.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 24 December 2019 - 03:19 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38297 battles
  • 6,840
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostGremlin182, on 23 December 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

They are great at killing other light tanks but otherwise inferior.

 

This.

 

WV are fast attack vehicles, their job is hit and run. LT are the deep vision spotters. There is a little bit of overlap into the spotting space, but they're two separate but related vehichle classes. The problem comes when people try to contest them together on their own turf. Trying to outrace the WV to "that spotting bush" for example. 



RamRaid90 #19 Posted 24 December 2019 - 03:32 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 26740 battles
  • 7,337
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostOrkbert, on 23 December 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

 

Please enlighten us why every military on Earth is classifying them wrongly as tanks.

 

They're classified as AFVs (Armoured fighting Vehicles)

 

A tank by definition requires tracks, not road wheels.



Warzey #20 Posted 24 December 2019 - 03:39 AM

    Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 61965 battles
  • 1,541
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostDerpy__Badger, on 23 December 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

3. will there be a spotting penalty for travelling at top speed and still spotting at you maximum range.

 

Are you saying that WVs are not blind enough?

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users