Non premium ammo server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

Lazy_Spotter #1 Posted 24 December 2019 - 03:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15547 battles
Is there any chance of getting a server without premium ammo?

EU1, EU2 and NPA (no premium ammo) servers.

The game is totally destroyed by spamming premium ammo. 
There are a number of players who want to play the way the game should be played,
and shooting premium ammo is not that way.

Noone play for fun any more, it's all abouth stats. Ok, that kind of players can play on EU1 and EU2, but we must have option to play the game on the right way.

Edited by Lazy_Spotter, 24 December 2019 - 03:20 AM.

PipariIkkunaPesuvati #2 Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14269 battles
NO, no chance to get that.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 24 December 2019 - 06:27 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostLazy_Spotter, on 24 December 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

If they did then you'd just lose to standard rounds. Gold ammo isn't your problem.

1ucky #4 Posted 24 December 2019 - 07:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 90647 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostLazy_Spotter, on 24 December 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

There are a number of players who want to play the way the game should be played,

Noone play for fun any more, it's all abouth stats. Ok, that kind of players can play on EU1 and EU2, but we must have option to play the game on the right way.

I would support this only as part of a bigger package which gives us an additional 4th EU server where only ramming damage is allowed.

Because ammo is OP and should be removed from the game.

Any sensible person knows that the only proper way to use your tank is without any ammo, all hatches open, while standing naked on top of the turret and driving by remote.

And NO CAMPING!!!

#MadMaxFuryRoad

Here's hoping WG listens :great:

Edited by 1ucky, 24 December 2019 - 07:27 AM.

IntruderFI #5 Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52185 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostLazy_Spotter, on 24 December 2019 - 05:17 AM, said:

If shooting premium ammo is not intended then why is it in the game?

You have some seriously flawed thinking and thus your entire ramble is pretty pointless.

BR33K1_PAWAH #6 Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

View PostLazy_Spotter, on 24 December 2019 - 05:17 AM, said:

I'm afraid that devs, that made this game, might disagree with you :trollface:

PauI #7 Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33365 battles
  • [ROLS] ROLS

I totally support this, we need:

- one server with no gold

- one server with no arty

- one server with no overpowered rasha tanks

- one server with no car french lights

- one server with no camping

- one server with no bots

and the list goes on and on

Edited by PauI, 24 December 2019 - 08:34 AM.

UrQuan #8 Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

No premium ammo server eh? The crazy things I could do there with my armored tanks.... I have been there, in matches where people refused to use gold on me. It wasn't pretty for the reds. 

That KV-4 is a monster! We must cap to save the reds from extinction! 

I have a Maus. Ho Ho Ho!

In the current situation if you remove premium ammo you'll realize how stupidly strong some armored tanks are in the game, but also how terribly clueless some folks are with armor.

Mr_Burrows #9 Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50745 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

It would surely be a fun and joyful server, populated with heavy tank Bobs and Steves, cussing about not having any lightly armored tanks to shoot at (XP-farm) and cussing about not being able to pen the enemy tank of same classy, tier and model. 

I'd watch a live stream from there, with beer and popcorn handy. :popcorn:

UrQuan #10 Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22312 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMr_Burrows, on 24 December 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

It would surely be a fun and joyful server, populated with heavy tank Bobs and Steves, cussing about not having any lightly armored tanks to shoot at (XP-farm) and cussing about not being able to pen the enemy tank of same classy, tier and model. 

I'd watch a live stream from there, with beer and popcorn handy. :popcorn:

Been there, got the experience;

Due to many folks grinding KV-3, quite some folks also tried the KV-4 & I had the delight to face them in mine. Mowed them down with my KV-4 using AP. Did got damaged sometimes as they fired HE out of desperation, because their KV-4 AP/APCR could not pen my KV-4.

Also, fighting Maus vs Maus tends to be full APCR spam from both parties yet I meet very few Mauses who can pen me reliably with it while I have far less trouble penning them. Maus using AP to kill another Maus in a duel is an effort in futility tho, you can angle yourself rather easy to make you practically invulnerable to your own AP shell. Even unangled, it is darn hard to kill another Maus with your AP shell. So you would need a third party to finish such duel.

Or feed one to the fishes. Sorry no time to fight, got a game to win!

Edited by UrQuan, 24 December 2019 - 09:13 AM.

RalfHildebrandt78 #11 Posted 24 December 2019 - 09:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34194 battles
  • [FIDES] FIDES

View PostLazy_Spotter, on 24 December 2019 - 02:17 AM, said:

I really like this idea, because it gives an easy solution.

Unfortunately the majority of forum members laugh at your proposal. It is a shame that so many trolls are here to make fun about other ones. As a consequence this does not give Wargaming a meaningful feeling for the opinion of players about this proposal.

I tried disccusions why premium ammo destroys the game for a long time, do not fire a single premium round, and will not spend any money into WoT until this has solved. But I expect that Wargaming is not interested in removing premium ammo, because this results in much profit for Wargaming. Why? If players shoot premium ammo, then the good players will turn a battle into a win and will get a positive balance in silver afterwards. Average or bad players will most likely have a negative balance in silver. As a result they need premium time, premium tanks or silver boxes from the Wargaming store.

In fact there would be an easy way that results in the same: The amount of earned credits per battle can be lowered or the repair costs can be raised and there would be no need to fire premium rounds and to motivate players to buy one of the mentioned things in the store.

Your surgestion is a very smart one: This "NPA-server" could get a different balancing for silver income and could be a test environment for Wargaming: Do the players like this NPA-server? Do they still spend money for premium time / tanks / silver boxes?

Kind regards

Ralf

ChristOfTheAbyss #12 Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles

Got armour that cant be penned with regular ammo? Prem ammo is obvious choice. Got armour that can be penned with regular ammo? So why care if you were shot by prem ammo?

In both cases, the fault is NOT in the prem ammo, its in you not playing well enough.

burbage1 #13 Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:33 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1394 battles
If they can't see you or hit you it doesn't matter what ammo they're firing.

leggasiini #14 Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18194 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Yeah I'm pretty sure both you and me would surely enjoy Type 5 and Maus hopelessly bouncing each other till they are forced to load HE and slowly chip each others HP as they have no options to damage themselves. 

Prem ammo is a problem, but to solve it, you also need to solve the issue of having armor layouts with no viable weakspots. 

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24785 battles

If WG added a no premium ammo server, I would play Defender there all day. Which is what everyone else would do, too.

Premium ammo is also a good source of income for WG, so it will never happen. The reason why premium ammo rebalance is taking so long is WG wants to keep making money. They will just replace current premium ammo with something just as p2w.

Mr_Burrows #16 Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:42 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50745 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostRalfHildebrandt78, on 24 December 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

I really like this idea, because it gives an easy solution.

Unfortunately the majority of forum members laugh at your proposal. It is a shame that so many trolls are here to make fun about other ones. As a consequence this does not give Wargaming a meaningful feeling for the opinion of players about this proposal.

I tried disccusions why premium ammo destroys the game for a long time, do not fire a single premium round, and will not spend any money into WoT until this has solved. But I expect that Wargaming is not interested in removing premium ammo, because this results in much profit for Wargaming. Why? If players shoot premium ammo, then the good players will turn a battle into a win and will get a positive balance in silver afterwards. Average or bad players will most likely have a negative balance in silver. As a result they need premium time, premium tanks or silver boxes from the Wargaming store.

In fact there would be an easy way that results in the same: The amount of earned credits per battle can be lowered or the repair costs can be raised and there would be no need to fire premium rounds and to motivate players to buy one of the mentioned things in the store.

Your surgestion is a very smart one: This "NPA-server" could get a different balancing for silver income and could be a test environment for Wargaming: Do the players like this NPA-server? Do they still spend money for premium time / tanks / silver boxes?

Kind regards

Ralf

What tank types, tiers and models do you think would benefit from such a server, and why? 

Zylon0 #17 Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:52 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11268 battles

View PostLazy_Spotter, on 24 December 2019 - 02:17 AM, said:

I would love that if I keep my progress.

SInce the beta ive not fired any premium shells, so to me this would only be a buff.

As others would not fire premium shells at me either.

(I'm very stubborn and refuse to fire p2w shells)

But realistically we need to wait for the ammo re balance update, where premium ammo will do 25- to 30% less damage.

TankkiPoju #18 Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24785 battles

Yes because it's a totally unrealistic idea that will never happen.

There are far more realistic options like "WoT Classic" game mode with premium ammo remove, with current graphics and physics engine BUT tank tech tree would be maybe something like in 2014, and it would be for premium players only because WG needs to make money. They are silly like that.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 24 December 2019 - 10:53 AM.

Mr_Burrows #19 Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50745 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

Well, I am quite serious in my earlier inquiry so I will repeat myself. Anybody that supports the idea of having a server free from prem ammo please do respond, but do so in full. I am asking because I really want to see it there is a way for you to get the idea to come across as to have any sort of merit other than the standard "I do not want to get penned from the front by the enemy tanks".

So here goes: What tanks do you feel would benefit from/would you play on a non-premium ammo server?

Name at least three, and do not leave out class or tier i.e. "IS3, heavy tank tier 8"

I am quite curious about your selection of tanks, and look forward to comparing them to other tanks of the same tier - for obvious reasons. 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 24 December 2019 - 12:04 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 24 December 2019 - 12:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35855 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

That's an interesting conclusion you've drawn. Here's an alternative one for you to consider:

The majority saying it's a silly idea that won't work, think it's a silly idea that won't work and that's the meaningful opinion that the majority would like to give WG. 

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 24 December 2019 - 12:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users