65 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #61 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostProsigoj, on 24 December 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

Almost 800k drownings, that's telling something about MM :D

What it tells us is the lack of consequence and penalties for doing it. In the thousands of battles I have played this year, the number I times I drowned was 10 times... just 10 times across thousands of battles, THAT's accidental drowning levels of numbers. If a player drowns regularly it's not accidental it's just pure bs and if they were rewarded with a 2 week ban for their sad way then you'd see that 800k massively reduce but for some reason WG have their head stuck up their backside when it comes to addressing these sad little turds that childishly go for a swim because the battle isn't perfectly tailored to their liking or is lost so throw their toys out of the pram.

Homer_J #62 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postnighthawk24, on 03 January 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

Ok thanks.

If I will get that email this march, I will get same reward?

I don't know.  I doubt anyone knows what the marketing plans are for March.

parim1331 #63 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:56 AM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7849 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 03 January 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

What it tells us is the lack of consequence and penalties for doing it. In the thousands of battles I have played this year, the number I times I drowned was 10 times... just 10 times across thousands of battles, THAT's accidental drowning levels of numbers. If a player drowns regularly it's not accidental it's just pure bs and if they were rewarded with a 2 week ban for their sad way then you'd see that 800k massively reduce but for some reason WG have their head stuck up their backside when it comes to addressing these sad little turds that childishly go for a swim because the battle isn't perfectly tailored to their liking or is lost so throw their toys out of the pram.

There's no lack of consequences if you destroy your own vehicle, after all you have to repair it afterwards. If you look at it from different perspective, the player that drowns himself, loses the possibility to rack up potential damage that he would've done. :bush:

Edited by parim1331, 03 January 2020 - 12:00 PM.

TungstenHitman #64 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View Postparim1331, on 03 January 2020 - 10:56 AM, said:

There's no lack of consequences if you destroy your own vehicle, after all you have to repair it afterwards. If you look at it from different perspective, the player that drowns himself, loses the possibility to rack up potential damage that he would've done. :bush:

Repair costs is practically no consequences and when you consider that they were most likely going to be destroyed, hence why they drowned themselves, then those repair costs were going to be the same anyway right? Since repair costs for a destroyed tank cause by an enemy tank is the same as drowning repairs?

Losing the possibility to rack up more damage, definitely. In fact, a player is more likely to deal a good amount of token damage at the end of what is most likely a loss since it's pretty easy to get into a defensively solid position and work a few cheap shots and kills... a player can even work a battle hero for FULL reward with the same xp as what they would get from a win, but you're preaching to the choir here, this would be my approach and if I was playing an SPG, I would know that the very end of a lose battle is a great chance to shotgun some charging light tank and become a FV4005 for at least one shot lol... but again, you'd have to tell the players that do this.

In any case, there is really no consequences worth mentioning. It seems to me that in a team based battle, where each players input is very important, not a solo game but as a group of players who must work together, that allowing purposeful drowning is totally wrong. If it was not allowed, then surely there are penalties and a system in place that monitors the frequency of drowning and that's something easily implemented. Then, if a player drowns frequently, it's clearly no accident, they are clearly a bad sportsman, a bad team player, responsible for many losses in which their little damage contributions might have been crucial to the outcome of the battle for those that drown immediately at the start before it's even clear how the battle is going to go, and in any case should be banned much like the old team damage/killing system, for and hour, several hours, a day or a week+ if they insist on doing it. But as it stands, it's effectively allowed sine there's no meaningful penalty that would make a player think twice and not do it.  

Edited by TungstenHitman, 03 January 2020 - 12:35 PM.

parim1331 #65 Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:19 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7849 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 03 January 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

Repair costs is practically no consequences and when you consider that they were most likely going to be destroyed, hence why they drowned themselves, then those repair costs were going to be the same anyway right? Since repair costs for a destroyed tank cause by an enemy tank is the same as drowning repairs?

Losing the possibility to rack up more damage, definitely. In fact, a player is more likely to deal a good amount of token damage at the end of what is most likely a loss since it's pretty easy to get into a defensively solid position and work a few cheap shots and kills... a player can even work a battle hero for FULL reward with the same xp as what they would get from a win, but you're preaching to the choir here, this would be my approach and if I was playing an SPG, I would know that the very end of a lose battle is a great chance to shotgun some charging light tank and become a FV4005 for at least one shot lol... but again, you'd have to tell the players that do this.

In any case, there is really no consequences worth mentioning. It seems to me that in a team based battle, where each players input is very important, not a solo game but as a group of players who must work together, that allowing purposeful drowning is totally wrong. If it was not allowed, then surely there are penalties and a system in place that monitors the frequency of drowning and that's something easily implemented. Then, if a player drowns frequently, it's clearly no accident, they are clearly a bad sportsman, a bad team player, responsible for many losses in which their little damage contributions might have been crucial to the outcome of the battle for those that drown immediately at the start before it's even clear how the battle is going to go, and in any case should be banned much like the old team damage/killing system, for and hour, several hours, a day or a week+ if they insist on doing it. But as it stands, it's effectively allowed sine there's no meaningful penalty that would make a player think twice and not do it.  

I see your point, and I wholeheartedly agree that in team-based games, each players input is important. However my point stands, the biggest punishment for such players, are the credits and EXP that they could've gotten, but decided to abandon the ship, quite literally.

On the other hand, creating an automatic system that would detect if it was a purpose, or not on purpose drowning, would prove to be extremely difficult.  

TungstenHitman #66 Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32045 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View Postparim1331, on 03 January 2020 - 12:19 PM, said:

creating an automatic system that would detect if it was a purpose, or not on purpose drowning, would prove to be extremely difficult.  

But it would only need to be based on frequency, pretty much the same as the old team damage system. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users