Are Wheeled Tanks ruining the game?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

strv_varjager #41 Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6919 battles

I think the wheeled vehicles absorbs too many shots, the gun handling/accuracy seems way too good when its combined with the superior speed and maneuverability.

From my perspective a light tank with that kind of speed and maneuverability should have a really poor gun handling while the chinese lights for an example should have a superb gun handling with good gun depression. There should be a balance which i think the wheeled vehicles lack.

Dont say i aim bad, why would i aim at the wheels? If my reticle cover the tank from bottom to top, i cant control if the shot goes low/center/high, and the fact that i also have to move my turret since the tank is driving in full speed. Havent you seen people shoot in test rooms, two stationary tanks the shooter fully aimed yet the shots are all over the place.

linyarin #42 Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20716 battles
Yes

Stohne #43 Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31187 battles

View Postvoodoospirit, on 30 December 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

well, in the other lights, i spot as much without being too close to get a shot at me....less risky, as much spotting, easier to withdraw.

You cant spot at all since if you do you will be yolo spotted by a wheeled scout. I play scout 90% of the time and usually I carefully spot at the start of the game and hope for my team to kill the clown cars. I never go to the usual spots anymore since that equals early death at the start of the game. 

With an EVEN to take an example you are helpless against a wheeled car. In an EVEN you typically have to be extremely close or sit still to hit anything. The bloom while moving is very crippling. The wheeled seem to hit me no matter how much I manouvre at high speed. So I suppose they auto aim and hit, they arent affected by bloom as much or at all. If you do hit a wheeled car it is a critical hit most of the time. So trying to take them on even when they are low on health is a high risk venture. The fact that you cant track them with an HE is just stupid. Even if they do lose speed is doesnt affect their ability to be hit by much.

But the amount of missed shots trying to hit that thing is just ridiculous.

With wheeled cars WOT has in effect killed the entire scout class.

Edited by Stohne, 19 January 2020 - 10:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users