balance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Zinomov #1 Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24218 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN

hi everyone, today i decided to share with you some solutions to get rid of some the power creep in World of Tanks

so without further ado here i go :

_________________________________________________________________________________

i know that WG has a policy that makes premium tanks untouched, but i still insist that the changes get applied to the Type 59 cause i feel it would be OP if nerfs were to occur to the regular tech-tree tanks 

The image above is a suggestion to change the current soviet medium tank trees

-removing the Obj.430U and bringing a new tier 9 the T-55 will smooth things a bit, and we can all agree tha the T-55 leading to the T-62A is a logical upgrade as they both have a weak hull but good turret armor.

-moving the Obj.430 back to tier 10 and making it the upgrade from the T-54, i decided to make it that way as they both have a 120mm of front plate armor, good mobility and gun DPM

NOTE: the Obj.430 in this new tree is having its 100mm gun back instead of the current 120mm

-the Obj.140 can be researched from both the T-54 and T-55

¤¤¤

Many of you may be surprised by this suggestion and would heavely disagree with me; but in my opinion it is the most logical solution to our current problems, we can all agree that the 430U is broken in more than one way, in its armor, gun, mobility... everything; so removing it completely will surely help the meta in one way or the other

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

as i said above, WG has a policy that makes premium vehicles unchanged but the changes that i suggest for the Centurion mk1 also must apply to the centurion 5/1 RAAC and the Strv-81 i.e the Primo Victoria

The same turret armor changes must be applied to the Caernavon Action-X

The same hull armor changes must be applied to the Caernavon Action-X

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DangerMouse #2 Posted 24 December 2019 - 05:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30439 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

You seem to be missing the 268v4 lower plate, nerf that down to 150mm and the IS-7 turret needs a good dose or nerfing, same for the 277, it has almost med mobilty so get rid of that.

Oh and if nerf the Brit mediums then they will need Russian levels of gun handling as at the moment the soft stats on them are terrible, that's why they need strong turrets.

Edited by DangerMouse, 24 December 2019 - 05:25 PM.

ArdeleanuG #3 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18069 battles
  • [NV-RO] NV-RO

Guys,

The only thing that should be nerfed in my personal and honest openion would be the turret ( spaced armour ) of the S.Conqueror ( tier 10 ) , or, if they do not nerf the armour / thickness at least they should nerf the gun depression from 10 degrees to 8 

Everything else should stay in the game as it is.

DO NOT FORGET THAT THE TANK THAT NEEDS THE MOST BUFF'S AT THE MOMENT IS STILL IS-4 , everything else in my openion is good as it is at this very moment ;)

1ucky #4 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89475 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL
Or you could simply buy yourself 5-6 rounds of premium ammo per tank, like all the normal kids.

Pansenmann #5 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36787 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You want to nerf my Type 59? run as fast as you can!

honestly
I like the idea of re-adding weakspots
but not at the price of nerfing premium tanks

Zinomov #6 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24218 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN

View PostDangerMouse, on 24 December 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

You seem to be missing the 268v4 lower plate, nerf that down to 150mm and the IS-7 turret needs a good dose or nerfing, same for the 277, it has almost med mobilty so get rid of that.

Oh and if nerf the Brit mediums then they will need Russian levels of gun handling as at the moment the soft stats on them are terrible, that's why they need strong turrets.

-technically the 268v4 historically has a front plate of 180 and not 300 :p but WG wants it to be an "assault TD" soooo ... can't be helped atm
-about the IS-7, it always had this armor and shall never be changed, in fact its perfectly fine as it is for now
-the 277 ? well it's not OP as far as i know, when you concider that the 111-5A has 2 extra degrees of gun depression then maybe you should rethink your logic on this one

View PostPansenmann, on 25 December 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

You want to nerf my Type 59? run as fast as you can!

honestly
I like the idea of re-adding weakspots
but not at the price of nerfing premium tanks

-my whole point is to bring back the tanks to a set of armor as close as their IRL versions, cuz the real T-54/55 and Type59 don't have a 240mm of turret ... it's 201 to 205, same story with the british tanks, their turret armor in-game is ridiculous, i wish they bring them back to what they used to be in v9.17 and prior. and WG must change their policy regarding premium tanks! they must be re-balanced like any other vehicle in this game
-talking about historically accurate armor sets, many of the tanks we have in the game are blueprint vehicles which is a probleme, most of them are OP by nature; what wargaming did was to balance to "normal" tanks in accordance to the blueprint ones, however they should've done the opposite, anyways i hope u get my point across

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

that bring said anyone has something to say about the soviet medium tank branch change that i showed in the post above ?

Edited by Zinomov, 25 December 2019 - 11:26 AM.

DangerMouse #7 Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30439 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
Looks like you mostly just want wold of OP russian  tanks. SC has one trick, remove that and it garbage, same for the Brit mediums.

Ratriq #8 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Don't you dare touch my Maus :izmena:

FTR #9 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17035 battles

Lmao why would you want to nerf Maus? If anything Maus deserves buff to his turret.

In current meta there is PLENTY of hulldown tanks with godlike turrets, with armor reaching up to 400mm.

Maus not only has lower plate as a weakspot but also his turret is barely 280mm when angled, it's nothing. Pretty much anyone can go through it by pressing 2 and many tier 10 tanks don't even need to press 2.

Many good players consider Maus xp pinata and theres good reason for that. It's an outdated vehicle. I would argue even tanks like defender at tier 8 have better turret than Maus. At least I would choose defenders turret over Maus turret any time.

I disagree with all other "suggestions" as well. None of those tanks are op or problematic, theres plenty of way, way better and more op tanks in the game.

Edited by FTR, 25 December 2019 - 01:19 PM.

MetaCube63 #10 Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7283 battles
  • [LD-FR] LD-FR
I don't know if this is a troll or not.

TheJumpMaster #11 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:25 PM

Major General

• 50917 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

OP,

You have obviously put a lot of thought into this (except for the bit about mucking with Pansenmann's Type 59). Saying this, there is a suggestion thread for these issues.

Cheers,

Jumpy

Also tagged with balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users