• 12497 battles
I would rather buy back the IS-M imho.

Ratriq #42 Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 December 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

Still don't understand the reasoning behind the moaning.

What did you expect them to say? "Buy on the 24th because you'll be dissappointed with whats tomorrow?" It's called marketing.

What it's a bad offer just because it's not overpowered? It's a bad tank because 48%ers say so? (It's actually a rather decent tank)

Either buy it or don't, £25 for a well balanced tier VIII premium heavy is actually quite a good price, but stop whinging because you're not going to be tearing around the battlefield in something broken.

Oh, and an FYI. Wargaming have nowhere ever mentioned or hinted at what tank would be on the 25th. Rare is correct, as this is only the second time this tank has been available.

Okay sure it's rare but not in a good way, it's rare cause not a lot of people want it, the same thing with Mauerbrecher and that tank is rare, but not well-liked or popular. WG has said it's a special tank, in the way that we are going to like it, so it got hyped up, a lot of people held off their gold/money for just this "special" tank they said they were "breaking the rules" for.

Of course, a lot of people like me will be a bit salty when we held off buying tanks we wanted for this "special" hyped up tank. If it's not going to be an op tank, then we at least expected a novel/special tank.
I'd much rather buy the Tog II* for an overpriced 8k gold rather than this, why? Cause it's a fun unique tank that is also rare! Not cause it's op cause, in reality, it isn't, but it's nothing "special" about this tank, it's neither op or unique and the cherry on top? We can't even purchase this one tank with our gold that we've got from loot boxes.

If WG is going to tell us to be ready for the tank that is "supposedly" the main price of all the waiting then it better at least be worth it in some way or another. What kind of marketing makes the customers hold on to their money from buying tanks they want and then expect them to buy a tank that isn't popular or well sought out for?
A tank does not need to be OP to be wanted or become special, WG has just recently proved this with the double-barreled tank, it isn't considered OP by the majority but it's a fun and novel tank cause of the double-barrel mechanic.

Edited by Ratriq, 25 December 2019 - 01:00 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #43 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38333 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
I find it absolutely hilarious the number of people in this thread accusing WG of "greed" whilst at the same time complaining that their 25th offer was only something boring like the VK and they didn't get given the chance to throw gold and/or cash at WG for something rare or unique... :)

Kicky92 #44 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17193 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

I bet if it was the WT(F)-E100, you would have paid with real money without hesitation. 

That's why I don't believe anything on TAP, its all clickbait bull..... but hey they gotta traffic to their site somehow. 

My advice - Stick to The Daily Bounce - They're 1000% better then TAP in every way.

ihateclowns #45 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37209 battles
  • [TROP] TROP
Rofl, it really is a scummy move by wargamming to only have it available by credit card. They sold massive amount of loot boxes ( God knows how many) and after dishing out the gold they put only useless tanks on the calender so your gold is pretty much useless. No is3A, Defender, obj 703, e75 ts, tog, type 59 etc. This was the last year ill be spending money on this game, even if they add waffle e100 with maus armour for gold i wont be buying anymore. 

frange #46 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34013 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 December 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

I find it absolutely hilarious the number of people in this thread accusing WG of "greed" whilst at the same time complaining that their 25th offer was only something boring like the VK and they didn't get given the chance to throw gold and/or cash at WG for something rare or unique... :)

Well please tell me how the VK.75 is something extra special that is "breaking the rules" - which WG told us it would be?

Its like the ad department comes up with some new revolutionary super duper car that will change the entire future and motoring forever - and then it is just a Volvo diesel with a plastic bucket ontop. You know - false marketing.

RamRaid90 #47 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26748 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View Postfrange, on 25 December 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

Well please tell me how the VK.75 is something extra special that is "breaking the rules" - which WG told us it would be?

Its like the ad department comes up with some new revolutionary super duper car that will change the entire future and motoring forever - and then it is just a Volvo diesel with a plastic bucket ontop. You know - false marketing.

Breaking the rules implies that you get an extra gift on the 25th. Standard advent calenders end on the 24th.

And just because you (again ironically another sub 50%er) claim this tank is bad, that doesn't make it bad. It won't carry games for you, but it's by no means a bad tank. And at £25 for a tier VIII heavy, it's actually a really good deal.

The bigger deal (which everyone seems to be ignoring completely) is that for an extra £11. You get full equipment (rammer, vert stabs and vents), 9 nice camos to put on it, 30 days of premium and 2.5k gold as well as an extra 15 x5 missions (the standard purchase gets 25)

Edited by RamRaid90, 25 December 2019 - 01:23 PM.

Ratriq #48 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 25 December 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

So, it's too much to ask for to wanting to spend something on this game that I'm actually interested in? Do you want us to just spend a bunch of money on things we don't even want?

Remember, without people buying stuff in this F2P game this game wouldn't even exist, be happy people spend money on this game to keep it alive.

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 December 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

Breaking the rules implies that you get an extra gift on the 25th. Standard advent calenders end on the 24th.

And just because you (again ironically another sub 50%er) claim this tank is bad, that doesn't make it bad. It won't carry games for you, but it's by no means a bad tank. And at £25 for a tier VIII heavy, it's actually a really good deal.

They said they were "breaking the rules" for just this tank, which implies it's such a special/unique tank that they just have to break the rules for to let us be able to get our hands on it.

Which it isn't, it's not in any way special, it's decent, but that's exactly that... decent, okay, in other words, nothing out of this world, not special. Special does not equal OP, the Tog II* is a fan favourite and a unique & novel tank, it's in no way OP though. The double-barreled tank is well-liked cause of its unique double barrel mechanic, but by the majority, it's not considered OP.

RamRaid90 #49 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26748 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostRatriq, on 25 December 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

So, it's too much to ask for to wanting to spend something on this game that I'm actually interested in? Do you want us to just spend a bunch of money on things we don't even want?

Remember, without people buying stuff in this F2P game this game wouldn't even exist, be happy people spend money on this game to keep it alive.

They said they were "breaking the rules" for just this tank, which implies it's such a special/unique tank that they just have to break the rules for to let us be able to get our hands on it.

Which it isn't, it's not in any way special, it's decent, but that's exactly that... decent, okay, in other words, nothing out of this world, not special. Special does not equal OP, the Tog II* is a fan favourite and a unique & novel tank, it's in no way OP though. The double-barreled tank is well-liked cause of its unique double barrel mechanic, but by the majority, it's not considered OP.

They never said they were breaaking the rules to give you a unique tank.

You made the assumption yourself. It's like a saleman telling you it's the "best deal of the century", It likely isn't but you'll still have to look anyway.

I looked at it like many others would. Advent is a latin word for coming, traditionally a christmas advent calender would end on the 24th (afterall, christmas comes on the 25th) I believe the WoT advent calendar has always ended on the 24th with that offer running until the 1st on january. Rather than an extra offer on the 25th.

You, and many others fell for simple salesman flannel.

As for the point in bold. Don't imply that I play this game for free, I can happily say with all certainty that i've sold more premiums for credits than you will ever own. I spend more a year on this game than most people have in the entire time they will play it.

Edited by RamRaid90, 25 December 2019 - 01:32 PM.

TheGreatGazoo #50 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39925 battles
For the last week they should have made all of the Advent tanks available for purchase.

Ratriq #51 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 December 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

They never said they were breaaking the rules to give you a unique tank.

"Make sure to come back tomorrow for one last offer. That's right: we're breaking the rules to add a final and rare vehicle, for your eyes only, commanders!"
You sure they didn't? It looks quite clear like they did to me and it quite heavily implies that the last tank is something really special, which it wasn't.
For your eyes my [edited].

RamRaid90 #52 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26748 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostRatriq, on 25 December 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

"Make sure to come back tomorrow for one last offer. That's right: we're breaking the rules to add a final and rare vehicle, for your eyes only, commanders!"
You sure they didn't? It looks quite clear like they did to me and it quite heavily implies that the last tank is something really special, which it wasn't.

Rare is right, they didn't say broken. This is only the second time, and for all we know the last time. This tank will be available.

As I said, the WoT advent calendar always ends on the 24th. That's what breaking the rules means.

ThorgrimBrenadim #53 Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37398 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 December 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

Still don't understand the reasoning behind the moaning.

What did you expect them to say? "Buy on the 24th because you'll be dissappointed with whats tomorrow?" It's called marketing.

What it's a bad offer just because it's not overpowered? It's a bad tank because 48%ers say so? (It's actually a rather decent tank)

Either buy it or don't, £25 for a well balanced tier VIII premium heavy is actually quite a good price, but stop whinging because you're not going to be tearing around the battlefield in something broken.

Oh, and an FYI. Wargaming have nowhere ever mentioned or hinted at what tank would be on the 25th. Rare is correct, as this is only the second time this tank has been available.

it is not marketing it is a company who have ZERO clue.

marketing is about making people happy they spent money with you, about making them want to spend money with you again in the future. 

Wargamming are a dinosaur of the era of grab the money and run they are like the fake medicine doctors who sold people bottles of crap saying it will cure your ills, this was just con men who never intended to visit the same town twice so did not care about repeat trade. Wargamming though need repeat trade they need to make players happy but they employ delinquent's who have no clue at all about modern marketing, about keeping customers coming back time and time again. 

El_Cabanos #54 Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49223 battles

View PostRatriq, on 25 December 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Stop cry they DELETE word "rare" 30 min after public information

Ratriq #55 Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 December 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Rare is right, they didn't say broken. This is only the second time, and for all we know the last time. This tank will be available.

As I said, the WoT advent calendar always ends on the 24th. That's what breaking the rules means.

Yeah, they didn't say "broken" but they did say "breaking" which is another form of "broken", broke, break, breaking & broken.
All in all, they broke their own "rule" of having tanks until the 24th. You can mark words however you want but it did come out with the intention that the tank would be something unique, different or at least something we should hold off our money for, cause they would break their own rule for this one tank. If it was one thing, it was misleading.

Some people even took it as far as thinking "unique" meant as unique as the golden WTF E-100.

RamRaid90 #56 Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26748 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 25 December 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

it is not marketing it is a company who have ZERO clue.

marketing is about making people happy they spent money with you, about making them want to spend money with you again in the future. 

Wargamming are a dinosaur of the era of grab the money and run they are like the fake medicine doctors who sold people bottles of crap saying it will cure your ills, this was just con men who never intended to visit the same town twice so did not care about repeat trade. Wargamming though need repeat trade they need to make players happy but they employ delinquent's who have no clue at all about modern marketing, about keeping customers coming back time and time again. 

Yet they still make millions from sales.

People buy, repeatedly, from Wargaming. Year on year, for almost a decade. Yet you, the marketing master, are saying they aare bad at it?

13:48 Added after 0 minute

View PostRatriq, on 25 December 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Yeah, they didn't say "broken" but they did say "breaking" which is another form of "broken", broke, break, breaking & broken.
All in all, they broke their own "rule" of having tanks until the 24th. You can mark words however you want but it did come out with the intention that the tank would be something unique, different or at least something we should hold off our money for, cause they would break their own rule for this one tank. If it was one thing, it was misleading.

Some people even took it as far as thinking "unique" meant as unique as the golden WTF E-100.

Key phrase, which you're still missing.

Jumping to conclusions, the wrong conclusions. Then blaming it on someone else.

Ratriq #57 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 December 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

Key phrase, which you're still missing.

Jumping to conclusions, the wrong conclusions. Then blaming it on someone else.

If you are going to so kindly mark some of the keywords in my message, I can also mark some to you:

View PostRatriq, on 25 December 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

RamRaid90 #58 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26748 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostRatriq, on 25 December 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

If you are going to so kindly mark some of the keywords in my message, I can also mark some to you:

You're also missing that intention is subjective. Just because you read it wrong, doesn't mean it was phrased wrong.

Ratriq #59 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 December 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

You're also missing that intention is subjective. Just because you read it wrong, doesn't mean it was phrased wrong.

Okay, let's just stick with misleading then, which is still on them for making a big part of the community hold on to their money and getting hyped for the tank that will come on the 25th without saying anything, which probably actually made them lose money.

Now a big part of the community are stuck without having spent any money on the tanks they've wanted and is stuck with a tank they can't even buy with gold, most will probably not buy this one and will rather keep their gold and money.

Pansenmann #60 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38816 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 25 December 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

The uh... French tree.

Indeed, I just checked.

When did WG add them to the tech tree?

not sure if I missed that part in the patch notes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users