8 replies to this topic

Furlock #1 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 69099 battles
  • [EWOKS] EWOKS

Hi wargaming!

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Last year I was very fond of the big boxes. Full of premium tanks, gold, silver, ... why should I carry on listing, as it would fill the page. Very nice, wasn't it last year?

This year, my gifts to others were a complete scam. Probably you found out at wargaming, that we had enough gold and silver for a year, or two... and didn't want that to happen again.

It's like in the battlefield. You run in one direction, then to another... and that's when the problems really start. So you ran into the opposite direction and filled the boxes with so little love, that I had to find other ways to make my friends happy again. Could be, that you have had a bad Christmas, too. Who knows, maybe more of us players had a bad experience with the boxes this time. Maybe more of us have decided not to buy them any longer. Maybe it is next Christmas, when you come up with your next offers, and... probably some of us will decline them.

What hurt me most, was a gift to a complete newbie. She got absolutely nothing but some gold and silver, around a 30% of the value of the cost of the gift. I mean, ok with harrassing veterans. We have grown a thick skin, but with someone who is starting?

No worries. Just opportunities you lose, guys. And as long as you can grab them with both hands and throw them under a bus, no worries at all.

Kind regards,

M.

Corrupted_Pling #2 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51970 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Its a gamble as to what you get.

Personally just got gold from the 3 boxes I got.

Labrador_wow_wow #3 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38293 battles

So, you gambled and you didn't win more than what you paid for. 

You got away lightly, I'd say. Could have lost your money entirely.

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 25 December 2019 - 01:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24686 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
A whine from someone who should know better. Gloated in the good times....whines when they get their basic value back.
12:54 Added after 0 minute

View PostLabrador_wow_wow, on 25 December 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Could have lost your money entirely.

No...he couldn't.

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9893 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostCorrupted_Pling, on 25 December 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

Its a gamble as to what you get.

Selah.

Now take it like a man.

Richthoffen #6 Posted 25 December 2019 - 02:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31067 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

and what if that complete newbie got brand new tier 8 premium? let her lose at that tier so she could suffer abuse and bad games?

if you really wanted to gift something nice why not get a fun low tier premium and play at a level you both can enjoy a bit and teach the ropes?

buying boxes expecting anything more then getting gold/premium time is not that smart, we all hope to get the few big goodies but chances are low

Labrador_wow_wow #7 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38293 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 25 December 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

A whine from someone who should know better. Gloated in the good times....whines when they get their basic value back.
12:54 Added after 0 minute

No...he couldn't.

If you read my answer, you'd see I was referring to the usual downsides of gambling. Let me make it clearer for you, my answer says:

You gambled > You got your money back but not more than this > Gambling usually means you lose everything > You did not. 

All the best.

UrQuan #8 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22203 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

But it was a gift :unsure:

As Belgian I am unable to get big boxes for some time now & I accept it.

But I did got some gifted by some awesome folks here & I appreciated their gift, no matter what it was because it meant I got some extra gold as very minimum & extra tier 5 decos. Those tier 5 decos might sound little until you realize a few alone already bump up your festive level greatly & thereby the credit bonus you get from it. Hence, gifting boxes also gifts a bonus credit income for the duration of the event, a mini-prem account if you will. That's a nice extra bonus!

The boxes are a gamble on what you can get indeed, but at least you always get gold, tier 5 decos + a bonus (which can be in the form of various stuff). So if you can't get boxes or you don't plan on getting them because of various reasons, they're a great gift to get imo.

And because of that, no matter what I got, I thanked everyone (either by PM or ingame) who gifted me a box, because it is the gesture that counts, not what I got from it.

Edited by UrQuan, 25 December 2019 - 03:42 PM.

BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 25 December 2019 - 03:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24686 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostLabrador_wow_wow, on 25 December 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

If you read my answer, you'd see I was referring to the usual downsides of gambling. 

It doesn't read that way as it's specific to WoT.:)

Happy Christmas!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users